A short survey

Olim

Oct 31, 2021, 4:23:04 PM10/31/21
I discuss here because I pretend that I pretending and I know nobody here discussing.
If I wanted to real survey you, I would ask on forum or redit. But I don't interested, not I'm afraid because I sent you all to suck your limbs. So let's get started.

I still plan to make superbior gaym in genre. Many of RL have mechanic. I (because genius) decided that causal and clausul players not need to see all complexity, so in my genius RL config player must change level of detailing. There's the question: must be simplified only one gaym mechanic, or better use different of them for diversity?

(Many may say many mechanics make replayability and gameplay learning much more difficult, but there's no law that RL should be easy.)

Auric__

Nov 1, 2021, 12:58:48 PM11/1/21
Olim wrote:

> I discuss here because I pretend that I pretending and I know nobody
> here discussing. If I wanted to real survey you, I would ask on forum or
> redit. But I don't interested, not I'm afraid because I sent you all to
> suck your limbs. So let's get started.

I don't want to complain about your level of English comprehension, really I
don't, but... "suck your limbs"?

> I still plan to make superbior gaym in genre. Many of RL have mechanic.
> I (because genius) decided that causal and clausul players not need to
> see all complexity, so in my genius RL config player must change level
> of detailing. There's the question: must be simplified only one gaym
> mechanic, or better use different of them for diversity?
>
> (Many may say many mechanics make replayability and gameplay learning
> much more difficult, but there's no law that RL should be easy.)

If you want people to enjoy playing your game, then you might want to
consider dialing the complexity back a bit. Modern games seem to mostly focus
on immediate satisfaction, and any learning involved in the game often has
more to do with the combat mechanics, rather than the details of how to do
things in general.

--
Apply hindsight in real time.

Olim

Nov 3, 2021, 12:51:55 AM11/3/21
понедельник, 1 ноября 2021 г. в 20:58:48 UTC+4, Auric__:
> I don't want to complain about your level of English comprehension, really I
> don't, but... "suck your limbs"?

* - important paragraphs

Tiny clarification: since all velopers billows on roluegak.forum,
I mentioned how insulted you all at that forum. Of course my available
lexic message was deleted because it implied that all of you do not
love each other, only yourselves. Enough obscene hints.

Though this UNIVAC group is just an PBEM, some experienced players
and velopers still answer, and counterquestion was "If you (i.e. me)
want make smth for casual players, why you (i.e. me) ask about mechanic,
engine, detailing etc.? Why you (i.e. me) don't simple make AAAAAA++
game so exciting AND simple, that even George Bush can enjoy it?".

It's fair question. Answer is same fair: I plan make my epic smth
so simple, that casual MAY enjoy it, but so complex, that olden players
shall be absolutely offended. Also it'll be offensive by itself. For
example: I already allowed possibility that you are not smarter than Bush.

*) Anyway, I asked blurry and mixed. Concrete is about olden players:
will you be aggravated if gameplay be based on different mechanics?
Will it be more injuring, if you'll not be able to change level of details?

I know, if you'll repeat "<censored>", you'll feel taste of your
<censored>. Candies etc. So if once I'll start spam (even MORE!!) about
my geniuse and all, I'm sure more than 1 not too clever (i.e. me)
gaympleer will at least try to run my superb and fail because that'll
be conflicting with any .NET installed and so on. You confused me.
About what I was telling? Yes, perfectior BBBBBB-- epic smth. If anybody
play Cat-a-clysm, that have simulated config, which cannot be changed,
of certainly there'll be silly pants who'll play my... thingie, where is
REAL configuration of loudness of sfx.

*) Please sorry me, I broke 2 kbds since I was ignited by idea of
insulting obsolete humans who prefer interesting gameplay, plot,
and mechanic. And sometimes good music and graphics. Promise: I'll not
more brag about me and I, only if you'll demand say something important.
If not, I'll spam later, when I fix my kbd.

_______
sacrilege and blasphemy
(it's distraction: trademark is different)

Pee.See. What common with different mechanics and why I consider these
the same games I'll answer l4r in next epic brag. On red-it maybe.

Olim

Nov 7, 2021, 3:06:51 PM11/7/21
I'm sorry. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I just play bad...

> Archery tournament. Man stands with apple on head.
> 1st archer comes out. Tall, slender, long hair and a 2-metre bow.
> Shoots at the apple and says:
> - I'm Robin.
> Another archer comes out. Medium height, medium hair and 3 metres bow.
> He shoots, hits the apple and says:
> - I'm William.
> 3rd archer. Small, bald, with bow five times his size. Takes out a log,
> shoots, blows the man's head off and says:
> - I'm sorry.

(Finally I repaired my keyboard. I mean, made wooden protection box
with 3m USB cable, so it may last longer. Now I can pestering you.)

Last 1,25 days I played some browser roguelites (where you can play
with only mouse). And found nasty moment. Maybe I'm biased, but...
Whaddauthink about adaptive difficulty in video games? In children games
like NFS or Diablo 3 it made for make game easier when player start
to lose, for example, if you start very slow in some versions of NFS,
all computer opponents start to drive so slow, that you can get ahead
of them by miles! Other side, I heard from experts that in simple RL
like Brogue, Nethack, Crawl SS, you cannot see, but owner of game (if he
wants to) can define on what level you'll die!

I think, it's not fair. It's like in olden strategies, where computer
players were much weaker than mature human players because of AI, but
to make competition more balanced, developers of games added to computer
resource bonuses and revealed whole map.

My opinion be that it's false path.

I do not think that interesting game must give you only about 1/10 chance
of survive independently of your experience. You must have chance to win
in any case. And, of course, to lose too.

Why do you disagree with me?

Paul Pekkarinen

Nov 12, 2021, 8:23:26 AM11/12/21
sunnuntai 31. lokakuuta 2021 klo 22.23.04 UTC+2 Olim kirjoitti:
> There's the question: must be simplified only one gaym mechanic

Roguelikes should be complex, but complexity alone doesn't make a good game,
it has to have some kind of meaning in the context of the gameplay.
The best way to develop any game is not to listen or think about players, only
what you think is the right way to design something. If you try to give everyone
something it will make the game bland.