[ANNOUNCE] CRL 1.22 (GFX+Console) Released!

Slash

Sep 25, 2006, 11:09:14 AM9/25/06
Hello all...

Released a new version of castlevaniaRL, this version is much more
stable and polished than 1.21GFX and includes critical fixes.

Some of the work:

Done ToDo's
49 Add equipped weapons to the memorial
50 Add last messages to the memorial
52 Reloading costs hearts
53 Put back the plot texts on the GFX version
54 Fix addMessage for the GFX version for multiple messages
55 Use the main menu background on all background screens (instead of
the castle one)
56 Prologue "prologue" should use the large font
57 Tune appearance of chat boxes borders
58 Tune appearance of chat boxes location
59 Tune appearance of chat boxes portrait
60 Relocate day and night boxes
61 Tune appearance of inventory box
62 Show full candles
63 Tune appearance of help screen
64 Assign correct image to the holy water flame burning
65 Female characters don't have female sprites
68 Make the window draggable
69 Program Icon
70 Splash Screen
71 Put back hostages
72 Dual Startup

Implemented RFE's
270 Christopher Cursor on input lines
306 Mario Donick Confirmation using 'Enter' on character creation
307 Mario Donick Bind ? to call the help.
308 Tunginobi On level up, spirits don't have a description.
310 Glowie Curved, Straight and Direct monster ranged attacks
311 Glowie Ultimate skill for crossbows
312 Glowie Attack enemy on the same place
313 Glowie Do not show enemy description when hit out of sight
314 Sabreman Ensure action cancel
316 Christopher Bind ' ' to 'f'ire for other classes than 'Vampire
Killer'
318 Crypt Reduce monster populating and spawning rate

Fixed BR's
113 Tunginobi '.' to wait on the number pad doesn't work.
114 Tunginobi Exception thrown on saving the game
115 Glowie Editable area on main menu hangs game
116 Glowie Monster Spawning effect not shown
117 Christopher Editable prologue text area hangs game
119 Crypt Aiming cross leaves a trail out of the sighting range of the
character
120 Crypt When on a higher level the aiming cross position is not
modified

Download CvRL1.22 at http://crl.santiagoz.com

Some screenshots

http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl/e107_images/newspost_images/crl1221.png
http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl/e107_images/newspost_images/crl1222.png
http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl/e107_images/newspost_images/crl1223.png
http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl/e107_images/newspost_images/crl1224.png
http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl/e107_images/newspost_images/crl1225.png
http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl/e107_images/newspost_images/maiden.png

Hope to get your comments ;)

--
Slash
[http://www.santiagoz.com]

DarkGod

Sep 25, 2006, 11:13:17 AM9/25/06
On 2006-09-25 17:09:14, "Slash" <java....@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]
No ascii mode ? :/

--
DarkGod comes from | Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards
the hells for YOU ! :) | because they are subtle and quick to anger.

Slash

Sep 25, 2006, 11:26:43 AM9/25/06

DarkGod wrote:
> On 2006-09-25 17:09:14, "Slash" <java....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> No ascii mode ? :/

Off course! ASCII will be supported 4ver evah! :D

there are two batch files within the distribution, one of them runs the
game in console

or if you are running thru shell, you can try
java -jar crl122.jar jc (for the console mode)

This is all possible due the game design, as seen on this (ages old)
small text http://peltkore.net/~szdev/ga/eng/docs/layers.htm

--
Slash
[http://www.santiagoz.com]

misiek82

Sep 26, 2006, 12:00:43 PM9/26/06
Dnia 25 Sep 2006 08:09:14 -0700, Slash napisał(a):

> Hello all...
>
> Released a new version of castlevaniaRL, this version is much more
> stable and polished than 1.21GFX and includes critical fixes.

Hi,

I played only for while, so I can only comment visuals and music, but I
must say that it's great work. Nice clean graphics, music with great
climate. For my it's best graphics/music roguelike I've ever seen.

Keep up the good work :D