Mattercontrol Linux Download

Cathrin Simoniello

Jan 26, 2024, 2:59:36 AMJan 26
MatterControl uses anti-aliasing features which may not be available on extremely low end GPUs (for instance, virtual machines or embedded systems). In these situations, MatterControl will not be able to start. To launch MatterControl you will need to disable anti-aliasing. Edit the file /usr/lib/mattercontrol/appsettings.json and change FSAASamples from 8 to 0.

mattercontrol linux download

Download https://lpoms.com/2xw9R7

MatterControl is an all-in-one desktop 3D printing software application created by MatterHackers, Inc. MatterControl features an intuitive approach to 3D printing, allowing users to queue multiple parts for printing without pre-slicing, preview and manipulate designs, as well as integrating a library that enables users to organize and search their design files. MatterControl is currently available for Windows/PC (XP and above), Mac OS X (10.7+) and Linux. Check out www.mattercontrol.com for more details.

Looking at what is installed, I can see /usr/lib/mattercontrol. Inside I see libsetserial is executable, and no MatterControl executable at all.

I do see lots of files with the suffix .exe, which are not executable. Are those windows executables, or are they supposed to be runnable on linux? Why are they not executable?

I can try to build from source but hoped someone at matterhackers would like to fix the installation, since it seems quite broken. Or am I missing something basic? How is mattercontrol run when installed in this way? I cannot find the executable MatterControl.

unlimitedbacon thanks. All I know is I had a working install, and didn't notice /usr/bin, that's odd in itself because I was using locate which found /usr/lib/mattercontrol but not the other.

It was MatterControl before. Most important, you are right, and I have it back!

Migrating: For MatterControl 2.0 the MatterControl documentation is moving to matterhackers.com/mattercontrol/support/.

This page is in the process of being migrated. It's new home will be matterhackers.com/mattercontrol/support/linux.

If you are building from source, MatterControl will not come with certain proprietary components such as the Cloud Services or Print Notifications plugins. To get these, you will need to download the official release from mattercontrol.com and copy the following `.dll`, `.dll.config` and `.dll.mdb` files to your MatterControl directory.

MatterControl's built in slice engine is MatterSlice, which is a port of CuraEngine to C#. You can also choose other slicing engines. The official release comes with Slic3r, but when building from source or using unofficial packages you will have to install the other engines separately and make symlinks in the MatterControl directory. For example on Arch, make a symlink in /usr/lib/mattercontrol/Slic3r/bin to the Slic3r executable.

Also, you may wish to set your anti-analyzing setting in Mattercontrol from 8 to 0. usr/lib/mattercontrol/appsettings.json

You will need to open the folder with root permissions (right click, open as root, enter password). Open in Xed terminal program, change FSAA from 8 to 0. Log out and back in.

I followed the steps and it felt like it got me slightly closer with a better newer mono etc. but it still wasn't working. I was getting a "X11 Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)" error, but good news is however thanks to the tip on this page, essentially what fixed it for me was, editing:

sudo vim /usr/lib/mattercontrol/appsettings.json

And I changed line:

"Color": 32,

To be:

"Color": 24,

And it worked! thank you so much folks, this one was application that I had on Windows that I was sorely missing on Zorin OS. My experience on Zorin is going beautifully for the most part.

Change the lines in this file (/usr/lib/mattercontrol/appsettings.json )to use 4 FSAA samples or 0 (zero). It could also be related to color depth, but unless you are running on an old machine with an old version of Linux, then it is probably going to be the anti-aliasing option.

f5d0e4f075