Sixth Annual Seven Day Roguelike Challenge

Jeff Lait

Mar 3, 2010, 3:17:06 PM3/3/10
What is a Seven Day Roguelike?

A Seven Day Roguelike is a roguelike created in seven days. This means
the author stopped writing code one hundred and sixty eight hours
after they started writing code.

More details can be found at the RogueBasin article:
http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=7DRL

--------------

A Seven Day Roguelike (7DRL) can be written at any time. However, a
general agreement was reached that it would be fun to schedule a
specific week for a challenge. This allows the various authors to know
that others are also desperately tracking down a bad pointer reference
on the 167th hour.

The week for the Seven Day Roguelike Challenge has been chosen!

Within the week of March 6th to March 14th, you are hereby challenged
to write a roguelike in 168 hours!

To participate, follow these simple steps:
1) Any time on March 6th or March 7th (as measured in your time zone),
post to rec.games.roguelike.development that you have started work on
your Seven Day Roguelike.
2) Write a roguelike.
3) After 168 hours, if you have completed a playable roguelike, post
your success to rec.games.roguelike.announce! If not, post your lack
of results to rec.games.roguelike.development, where we will all
commiserate and agree that, given a few scant more hours, it could
have been great.

Good Luck with your Roguelikes!

keith

Mar 4, 2010, 8:19:27 PM3/4/10
Ahhh, is it a new year already? How quickly the time flies!

Richard Tew

Mar 5, 2010, 2:58:39 PM3/5/10
On Mar 4, 9:17 am, Jeff Lait <torespondisfut...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> To participate, follow these simple steps:
> 1) Any time on March 6th or March 7th (as measured in your time zone),
> post to rec.games.roguelike.development that you have started work on
> your Seven Day Roguelike.

I am just starting work on mine :-)

Pete Ley

Mar 5, 2010, 11:27:56 PM3/5/10

Quick question: is the 7DRL the same week every year? If it's the same
calendar week, then I can take some time off for next week's challenge. :]

I've been hearing about it for a while but I didn't know when it would be.

Pete

Jeff Lait

Mar 6, 2010, 12:49:49 AM3/6/10

It's been the same week for a while, but by chance/vote.

Around the second-last wednesday of January three weeks are put up for
vote. After one week of voting, the results are tallied and the
majority week becomes that years week. So provided you can book
vacation with a months warning you'll be all right.
--
Jeff Lait