It is my pleasure to announce the release of Brogue v1.5.2 for Mac OS
Windows and Linux. Downloads, screenshots and a forum can be found
New with 1.5.2:
- Message archive can be viewed by pressing shift-M or by clicking in
the message block at the top of the screen.
- Further refinements to mouse mode.
- Tweaked experience point cut-offs at higher levels, with the goal
of effectively capping growth at player level 12.
- Rewinding is now supported during playback in a limited fashion
(via skipping to a turn that precedes the current turn).
- Fixed a bug that could corrupt a save file when you load and then
immediately re-save the file.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a recording to hang if the player dies
while paralyzed and you fast-forward to a turn during that paralysis.
- New quest room added.
- Player health bar fades to red at low health.
- Paralysis from paralytic gas lasts 10 turns after the gas
dissipates instead of 15.
- New confirmation prompt when eating food when you’re not hungry
enough to get the full benefit.
- Fixed an issue with a quest room that would cause steam vents to
appear instead of mud patches.
- Polymorphed monsters will now have the greater of the previous
monster’s health fraction or max HP less damage taken, and will be
stunned for one turn afterward.
- Entrancing your allies will not turn them against you.
- Monsters now have genders that are properly reflected in pronouns
that describe them.
- Changed the message "you hit the monster from the shadows" to the
more accurate "you hit the monster, catching [him/her/it] unaware."
- Allies caught in the effect of a scroll of cause fear will flee
like ordinary monsters, but will resume being your ally once the
effect wears off if you haven’t attacked them in the interim.
- Firebolts cast by monsters do more damage on impact.
- Status bars indicating poison will use the creature's maximum
health for its scale, so that a poison bar wider than the creature's
health bar indicates that the creature has received a fatal dose.
- Scrolls of shattering no longer create a barrier around the
perimeter of the area of effect.
- Thrown items (including non-spell projectiles from monsters) cannot
be reflected, though they are still subject to ordinary combat rules
with respect to accuracy and defense.
- Centaurs take only one turn to shoot an arrow.
- Turrets will no longer spawn on inaccessible walls, e.g. walls
trapped behind a statue or crystal formation.
- Fixed an issue that would allow hasted players with the right key
to sometimes pass through iron doors without unlocking them.
- Fixed an issue with armor of multiplicity creating the wrong number
- Steam and gas vents have a different appearance.
- Waterbound monsters stranded on land are described as such.