Can't get multiple windows on linux

Balazs Sallay

Aug 5, 2001, 12:38:18 PM8/5/01
I'm desperately trying to compile Angband on linux,
but can't get those 8 windows that are supposed to come up
when launching the program. It's always 1 new window. I read
the angband linux faq and compile.txt and anyhting I
found, still no luck. The last time I tried I copied
Makefile.std to Makefile, edited it the following way:

CFLAGS = -Wall -O1 -pipe -g -D"USE_X11"
LIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11

Another time I tried with configure, same result.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Balazs

Christian Wasner

Aug 5, 2001, 4:16:02 PM8/5/01
"Balazs Sallay" <sal...@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Hello,

read the comments of main-x11.c. It contains a script which sets up various
environment variables to let Angband open these windows.

--
MfG

Christian Wasner

Steven Fuerst

Aug 5, 2001, 7:33:35 PM8/5/01

'angband -- -n#' and replace the # with the number of terms you want.

Stevene

Balazs Sallay

Aug 5, 2001, 9:44:15 PM8/5/01
Thanks a lot, this worked.

I think this should deserve more advertisement, especially because this
invocation method is a recent change. Ordinary players usually don't
read
source files, even looking into Makefiles is a pain.

Once again, thank you all who responded.

Henry Helliwell

Aug 5, 2001, 1:32:08 PM8/5/01
Once, Balazs Sallay wrote:
> I'm desperately trying to compile Angband on linux,
> but can't get those 8 windows that are supposed to come up
[snip]

"angband -mx11 -- -n8" is probably what you want. Change the 8 if you want a
different number of windows. Use "-mxaw" for the XAW frontend and "-mgcu" for
(n)curses.

HTH,
--
Henry Helliwell