(V303) YACD: What to drop? (panic)

Martin Bazley

Apr 1, 2006, 4:17:01 AM4/1/06
I can't believe my luck!! A Rod of Recall at dlev 4...

Trouble is, I can't pick it up. I haven't got the slots!

I don't think I can drop anything I'm carrying, but can anyone help me
to part with my survival kit and tell me what the least valuable part of
it is?

Thanks in advance!

[Angband 3.0.3 Character Dump]

Name Ugg Self RB CB EB Best
Sex Male Age 25 STR: 10 +4 +5 +0 18/10
Race Half-Troll Height 92 INT: 13 -4 -2 +0 7
Class Warrior Weight 260 WIS: 16 -2 -2 +0 12
Title Soldier Status 1 DEX: 10 -4 +2 +0 8
HP 77/77 Maximize Y CON: 15 +3 +2 +0 18/20
SP 0/0 Preserve Y CHR: 14 -6 -1 +0 7

Level 8 Armor [25,+0] Saving Throw Fair
Cur Exp 293 Fight (-1,+2) Stealth Bad
Max Exp 293 Melee (+3,+5) Fighting Superb
Adv Exp 336 Shoot (-1,+0) Shooting Very Good
Blows 1/turn Disarming Fair
Gold 59 Shots 0/turn Magic Device Poor
Perception Bad
Burden 69.0 lbs Infra 30 ft Searching Poor

Your mother was a Cave-Troll Warrior. You have glowing red eyes, oily
dark purple hair, and white leprous skin.

[Character Equipment]

a) a Broad Sword (2d5) (+4,+3)
b) (nothing)
c) (nothing)
d) (nothing)
e) (nothing)
f) a Brass Lantern (with 6015 turns of light)
g) Chain Mail (-2) [14,+0]
h) a Cloak [1,+0]
i) a Small Metal Shield [3,+0]
j) a Hard Leather Cap [2,+0]
k) a Set of Gauntlets [2,+0]
l) a Pair of Hard Leather Boots [3,+0]

[Character Inventory]

a) a Slime Mold {Anette}
b) a Slime Mold {Percival}
c) a Slime Mold {Rory}
d) a Slime Mold {Ignatius}
e) a Slime Mold {Lillith}
f) a Slime Mold {Frederick}
g) a Slime Mold {Ophelia}
h) a Slime Mold {Omar}
i) a Slime Mold {Lily}
j) a Slime Mold {Donna}
k) a Slime Mold {Lavender}
l) a Slime Mold {Cherry}
m) a Slime Mold {Olga}
n) a Slime Mold {Daniel}
o) a Slime Mold {Andrew}
p) a Slime Mold {Hilary}
q) a Slime Mold {Mark}
r) a Slime Mold {Gillian}
s) a Slime Mold {William}
t) a Slime Mold {James}
u) a Slime Mold {Celia}
v) a Slime Mold {Wendy}
w) a Slime Mold {Paul}

[Options]

Adult: Allow purchase of stats using points : no (adult_point_based)
Adult: Allow specification of minimal stats : no (adult_auto_roller)
Adult: Maximize effect of race/class bonuses : yes (adult_maximize)
Adult: Preserve artifacts when leaving level : yes (adult_preserve)
Adult: Restrict the use of stairs/recall : no (adult_ironman)
Adult: Restrict the use of stores/home : no (adult_no_stores)
Adult: Restrict creation of artifacts : no (adult_no_artifacts)
Adult: Randomize some of the artifacts (beta): no (adult_rand_artifacts)
Adult: Don't stack objects on the floor : no (adult_no_stacking)
Score: Peek into object creation : no (score_peek)
Score: Peek into monster creation : no (score_hear)
Score: Peek into dungeon creation : no (score_room)
Score: Peek into something else : no (score_xtra)
Score: Know complete monster info : no (score_know)
Score: Allow player to avoid death : no (score_live)

--
- Martin Bazley - "Nostalgia ain't what it used to be"
Posting from an X100 Iyonix running RISC OS 5.11 - RISC OS Rules OK!

First Law of Sarcasm: Yeah, like it's really important right now.

Twisted

Apr 1, 2006, 4:08:21 PM4/1/06
It's a toss-up between William and Omar, IMO.

--
I am the terror that flaps in the net!
I am the gunk on your mouse rollers!

pow...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2006, 4:17:31 PM4/1/06
I'd recommend dropping your Hard Leather Cap and wearing Ignatius on
your head to free up a slot.

Timo Pietilä

Apr 1, 2006, 5:00:34 PM4/1/06
pow...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'd recommend dropping your Hard Leather Cap and wearing Ignatius on
> your head to free up a slot.

I think Lilith would be better choise.

Timo Pietilä

Nick McConnell

Apr 1, 2006, 5:11:28 PM4/1/06
Sit tight. Ophelia will go mad and kill herself soon, freeing up a slot.

Nick.
--
Nick McConnell
FA + "Silence VII" DERo L:37 DL:47 A+ R+ !Sp w:Totila

darkDrone

Apr 2, 2006, 12:37:28 AM4/2/06
unless this is a really 1st April question .....

WHY do u have all your slots full of SLIME MOLDS ? (forgive me im a
newbie)

regards.

atarlost

Apr 2, 2006, 12:56:23 AM4/2/06
On 2006-04-01 11:17:01, Martin Bazley <mar...@bazley.freeuk.com> wrote:

> I can't believe my luck!! A Rod of Recall at dlev 4...
>
> Trouble is, I can't pick it up. I haven't got the slots!
>
> I don't think I can drop anything I'm carrying, but can anyone help me
> to part with my survival kit and tell me what the least valuable part of
> it is?

snip

> l) a Slime Mold {Cherry}

That's not even a proper name. She's probably using an alias. Ditch this one.

camlost

Apr 2, 2006, 1:04:41 AM4/2/06

It's certainly a joke. Some of the (older?) borgs inscribed their food
with various names, but didn't have things set correctly to merge items
with multiple inscriptions, so ended up with a bunch of slime molds
occupying their house or inventory. Perhaps this dates back to an
earlier joke, but this is where I first encountered it.

Also note: http://angband.oook.cz/comic/strip.php?view=36

Joshua

Martin Bazley

Apr 2, 2006, 5:14:44 AM4/2/06
'Twas a dark and stormy night, as the fingers
of camlost tapped out the following:

> It's certainly a joke. Some of the (older?) borgs inscribed their food
> with various names, but didn't have things set correctly to merge items
> with multiple inscriptions, so ended up with a bunch of slime molds
> occupying their house or inventory. Perhaps this dates back to an
> earlier joke, but this is where I first encountered it.
>
> Also note: http://angband.oook.cz/comic/strip.php?view=36

Did anyone note what happens when you take the first letters of all the
names and string them together?

(To save you the trouble: APRILFOOLDLCODAHMGWJCWP)

--
- Martin Bazley - "Nostalgia ain't what it used to be"
Posting from an X100 Iyonix running RISC OS 5.11 - RISC OS Rules OK!

First Law of Memory: I've forgotten.

Nick McConnell

Apr 2, 2006, 3:58:38 PM4/2/06
Oh, DLCODAH MGWJC! You kidder.

Martin Bazley

Apr 3, 2006, 11:45:33 AM4/3/06
'Twas a dark and stormy night, as the fingers
of camlost tapped out the following:

> It's certainly a joke. Some of the (older?) borgs inscribed their food
> with various names, but didn't have things set correctly to merge items
> with multiple inscriptions, so ended up with a bunch of slime molds
> occupying their house or inventory. Perhaps this dates back to an
> earlier joke, but this is where I first encountered it.
>
> Also note: http://angband.oook.cz/comic/strip.php?view=36

Don't forget the 'humour' page on Thangorodrim. This is where I got my
sources from.

And, of course, don't forget the 'Save Our Slimes' website (URL,
anyone?), dedicated to all those who have been eaten for not being fast
enough. :->

--
- Martin Bazley - "Nostalgia ain't what it used to be"
Posting from an X100 Iyonix running RISC OS 5.11 - RISC OS Rules OK!

First Law of Finishing:

David Howdon

Apr 9, 2006, 5:53:40 PM4/9/06

http://www.members.tripod.com/Aidan_Ryder/Slime/index.html seems to work.