Question (spoily)

Ian Tuomi

Sep 17, 2000, 2:17:32 AM9/17/00
Has anybody went over mountains that haveto be crossed by magic? the
volcano could be found there (or other places unexplored) they haveto be
crossable right? if they wouldnt it would say: "these mountains arent
crossable". My friend claims he once found a "amulet of flying" and he
could go over the "white" mountains (but his char died ): )maybe its
just a rare item or something.
--
********************************
* Ian Tuomi *

Juha Suvanto

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00
> Has anybody went over mountains that haveto be crossed by magic? the
> volcano could be found there (or other places unexplored) they haveto be
> crossable right? if they wouldnt it would say: "these mountains arent
> crossable". My friend claims he once found a "amulet of flying" and he
> could go over the "white" mountains (but his char died ): )maybe its
> just a rare item or something.

Or maybe your friend had an amulet of lying.

JSuvanto

Tuomas Kilpeläinen

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00
> Or maybe your friend had an amulet of lying.

hehe. that was a good one. best retort for a while here.=)

--tms--

Calvin

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00

Juha Suvanto wrote in message <39C46BE2...@pp.inet.fi>...

>> Has anybody went over mountains that haveto be crossed by magic? the
>> volcano could be found there (or other places unexplored) they haveto be
>> crossable right? if they wouldnt it would say: "these mountains arent
>> crossable". My friend claims he once found a "amulet of flying" and he
>> could go over the "white" mountains (but his char died ): )maybe its
>> just a rare item or something.
>
>Or maybe your friend had an amulet of lying.

amulet of flying!? omfg thats hilarious, and even more that you beleived
him, hes so full of $hit hehe

Blannings

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00
"Ian Tuomi" <i...@dawn.joensuu.fi> wrote in message

> Has anybody went over mountains that haveto be crossed by magic? the
> volcano could be found there (or other places unexplored) they haveto be
> crossable right? if they wouldnt it would say: "these mountains arent
> crossable". My friend claims he once found a "amulet of flying" and he
> could go over the "white" mountains (but his char died ): )maybe its
> just a rare item or something.
> --
Your friend is obviously full of s**t and decided to spit some out in the
form of that amulet of flying in order to alleviate the pressure :). The
white mountains are world boundaries, if you crossed them ADOM would
probably crash.

Of course, someone who doesn't mind wasting a wish (or could hack ADOM for a
wand of wishing or something) could try wishing for an amulet of flying,
just to confirm this.

Andy Williams

Sep 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/17/00
Blannings wrote:

>Ian Tuomi wrote...

>> My friend claims he once found a "amulet of flying" and he

>try wishing for an amulet of flying,

----------------------------- MISCELLANEOUS STUFF -----------------------------

Total weight: 0 stones Carrying capacity: 25575 stones

(nothing)

[Press SPACE to exit or one of '[',(}/]{=\!?"%$*#' to choose a filter]
[Filter: Necklaces]

What do you wish for? amulet of flying

You feel a strange flux of magic altering your needs. Your equipment feels
heavier. (more)

----------------------------- MISCELLANEOUS STUFF -----------------------------

Total weight: 3 stones Carrying capacity: 25575 stones

Necklaces (''')
A - uncursed amulet of protection +2 [3s]

[+] Page down --- [-] Page up --- [Z] Exit stuff list
[Filter: Necklaces -- [',(}/]{=\!?"%$*#]

Amulets of flying don't exist.
--
Andy Williams - real address andywlms at ct2 dot nai dot net
ADOM Guidebook under development at:

Adam Biltcliffe

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
Andy Williams <li...@the-vanguard.com> wrote:

> Blannings wrote:
>
> >Ian Tuomi wrote...
>

> >> My friend claims he once found a "amulet of flying" and he
>

> >try wishing for an amulet of flying,

If you're a chef at a truckstop or something, try wishing for an amulet
of frying.

jw

Tekhne

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
'Twas a fateful day when Andy Williams did say:

>What do you wish for? amulet of flying
>
>You feel a strange flux of magic altering your needs. Your equipment feels
>heavier. (more)
>

> A - uncursed amulet of protection +2 [3s]
>

>Amulets of flying don't exist.

That is far from conclusive proof. Try wishing for the Trident of the
Red Rooster. Will you get it? And it's not just artifacts that you
can't get through wishing. Moloch armour, for instance, is not
possible to achieve through wishing. when you wish for something it
doesn't check through the whole item list and get you what you want.
Thomas has defined exactly how much of each item you would get, and
which items are available through wishing. If an amulet of flying
that allowed you to pass over the mountains were in the game, then it
would be too valuable to allow one to wish for, perhaps even an
artifact.

Of course, the amulet of flying most certainly does not exist, and you
don't need exec scrying or wishing to prove that, but I'm just making
a point...

--
Tekhne, AIM: Tekhne Evincio, ICQ UIN: #41880116

What's the difference between a dead rattlesnake on the road
and a dead lawyer on the road?
There are no skid marks in front of the lawyer.

Andy Williams

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
Tekhne writes:

>'Twas a fateful day when Andy Williams did say:

>>What do you wish for? amulet of flying

>>You feel a strange flux of magic altering your needs. Your equipment feels
>>heavier. (more)

>> A - uncursed amulet of protection +2 [3s]

>>Amulets of flying don't exist.

>That is far from conclusive proof.

So what? In the part you snipped, Blannings suggested
that someone with a spare wish try it, so I did.

Gottfried Herold

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 09:17:32 +0300, Ian Tuomi <i...@dawn.joensuu.fi> wrote:

>Has anybody went over mountains that haveto be crossed by magic? the
>volcano could be found there (or other places unexplored) they haveto be
>crossable right?

You can use crystals of knowledge in the wilderness to completely map it out
(bug?). There is nothing of interest behind the unpassable mountains.