I am very proud to announce the release of ADOM 2.3.5 as a Steam Beta to the general public. The process to access the ADOM 2.3.5 beta is described here: http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/p/adom-beta-steam.html
The general public release hopefully will follow very soon - we just want to get feedback on stability, first impressions, etc. for a couple of days before it will be launched.
Note that ADOM 2.3.5 still is a beta version - there might be bugs, crashes, etc. that we didn't discover in our tests. So be prepared for a little bumpiness - experience has taught us that general public releases are very different from prerelease test releases, which in turn yield a very different experience to our local tests.
ADOM 2.3.5 is the culmination of more than a year of development (one year and one day exactly today - our last release was ADOM 2.2.6 on October, 16th, 2016).
ADOM 2.3.5 contains tons of new stuff. I just want to give you a few highlights:
- A new, much more beautiful and much more functional HUD.
- Tons of graphical tweaks (like mostly animated monsters, speech bubbles, quick hints, dialog boxes, etc.)
- Tons of usability enhancements (quick hints, better context menus, more graphical mouse cursors, finally ESC support, a better quest status screen, many improved dialogs, etc. pp.)
- Tons of new content (117 new items, 22 new monsters, Rolf Quest, Volcano Quest, rechargeable items as a while new item category, ...)
- A new "easy" game mode (that doesn't take away any content or fun but serves as a better game mode for new ADOM players - the game will try to kill you a little less often ;-) )
Read all the details here:
And now enjoy the latest version and let us know what you think!
If you find bugs or have ideas for more improvements please submit them at http://www.adom.de/bugs
We now are back to working and ADOM 2.3.6 and ADOM 2.4.0 and will be active a lot more often from now on.
Thomas Biskup & Team ADOM