[acehack] How do I search a multiple of times?

Christopher Black

Mar 15, 2023, 9:56:29 AM3/15/23
So when I want to search for a secret door or trap, I don't want to have to hit 's' 5 times. I want to hit '5' and then 's'.

I didn't realize how basic this was to my nethack and variant play, until I tried to play acehack.

When I enter a number, acehack prompts 'Repeatedly move in which direction?' and if I hit s, the turn counter doesn't advance, and nothing ever gets found.

I don't think I can grind through playing acehack without a solution or workaround...

Thanks!

Janis Papanagnou

Mar 15, 2023, 2:10:18 PM3/15/23
On 15.03.2023 14:56, Christopher Black wrote:
> So when I want to search for a secret door or trap, I don't want to
> have to hit 's' 5 times. I want to hit '5' and then 's'.

This is what I would at least have _expected_ to work in any variant.

> When I enter a number, acehack prompts 'Repeatedly move in which
> direction?' and if I hit s, the turn counter doesn't advance, and
> nothing ever gets found.
>
> I don't think I can grind through playing acehack without a solution
> or workaround...

I would have tried whether prefixing the command with 'n' would work;
like 'n5s', and also additionally fiddle with the number-pad option.
But, frankly, I don't know for AceHack.

Janis