Some Gnomes have all the luck!

Chris Bowers

Jul 29, 2021, 2:55:07 AM7/29/21
So was at dungeon level 1, which contained a spellbook and a scroll. Was playing a gnomish wizard and so took a chance to read the spellbook.

But! OH NO! Read the scroll by accident instead!

*Your staff glows silver for a while*

Well as some of you may know, I play petless and usually warrior types. Now I have a quarterstaff +4 which is like halfway to an artifact weapon on level 1! The +4 also negated my negative physical attributes.

Then I read the spellbook MAGIC MISSILE BABY!

Thought that would be it for me. Huge melee and magic missile? Done deal right?

Unfortunately I unwisely later ate a stale corpse and got food poisoning and died.

But then started another gnome, found the former gnome and well, that ascension is history too.