lost intrinsics

Isidore Ducasse

Sep 7, 2022, 6:44:09 AM9/7/22
My Wizard gained the warning intrinsic at around lev 14, and then, a
lich did something (I don't really know what) but I lost this intrinsic.
Is there anyway I can get it back, apart from eating a ring?
I got used to it... :-)

A related question: I think I could also have it by wearing the Eye of
A., but I definitely prefer to just carry it and wear an amulet of life
saving (this Wizard can definitely ascend, but I'm very good at making
YASD...). Is it a good choice?

Thx

Janis Papanagnou

Sep 7, 2022, 7:07:09 AM9/7/22
On 07.09.2022 12:44, Isidore Ducasse wrote:
> My Wizard gained the warning intrinsic at around lev 14, and then, a
> lich did something (I don't really know what) but I lost this intrinsic.
> Is there anyway I can get it back, apart from eating a ring?
> I got used to it... :-)

Wizards get that intrinsic at XL:15. You can lose it by losing XL and
drop below 15, then you gain it again with an XL change to XL:15+, or
you might (not quite sure about that) lose it from a gremlin, then I'd
expect you could get it back by above procedure (lose XL, gain XL).
You can wear a ring of warning (you may wish for it or polypile for it).
Some artifacts provide that intrinsic (and may be wished for). A helm
of telepathy as a substitute might serve even better than the warning
intrinsic.

Janis

Isidore Ducasse

Sep 7, 2022, 2:38:24 PM9/7/22
Thanks, I didn't think about this strategy, loosing and gaining XL.
May be too much indeed just for this intrinsic.
Anyway, I was playing on the Android port and there's a bug that killed
my game (2nd time I lose a strong character on Android: I definitely
do not recommend seriously playing on Android!).

Yosemite Sam

Sep 10, 2022, 5:33:04 PM9/10/22
Get yourself an iPhone 14.