fast move button is breaking

Yosemite Sam

Feb 11, 2023, 1:01:59 PM2/11/23
I push 5 on the keypad to make a fast move, run in a particular direction.
Wear on this key is to the point that it is sticking. I won't let myself play
nethack until I get a new keyboard, likely with a new computer. I'll have
to be careful with this button in the future because I use it frequently and
often don't think much about it, which means I could hit it pretty hard.

8c065a96

Feb 11, 2023, 1:06:27 PM2/11/23
Why not just change the run button as explained in
<https://nethack.org/v366/Guidebook.html#toc_9.9>?
--
Local nerd, 21, creates "worst dotfiles ever" on an OS that doesn't even
do dotfiles, asked to leave the newsgroup

Yosemite Sam

Feb 11, 2023, 2:12:45 PM2/11/23
Okay, I put rush back on 'g' where it is usually. I did this before, but your
instructions were very helpful.

Yosemite Sam

Feb 21, 2023, 9:59:01 PM2/21/23
The line in nethack.rc is:

BIND=g:run

but what I'm getting is 'g' fast walk and 'G' run pretty much. Can't figure out
how to target lower case 'g' for run.

Yosemite Sam

Feb 22, 2023, 1:26:05 AM2/22/23
My current workaround is to have CAPS LOCK on while exploring new territory
or patrolling and turn it off when the focus is local. Pressing shift+G was a
pain in the ass.

Richard Damon

Feb 22, 2023, 8:04:45 AM2/22/23
Your system is broken and can't take long comments.

I guess your programming skills match your skills at math.

Richard Damon

Feb 22, 2023, 8:11:49 AM2/22/23
Sorry, somehow repled to wrong message (in a different group even)

Janis Papanagnou

Feb 22, 2023, 8:30:12 AM2/22/23
On 22.02.2023 14:11, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 2/22/23 8:04 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
>> On 2/22/23 1:26 AM, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Your system is broken and can't take long comments.
>>
>> I guess your programming skills match your skills at math.
>
> Sorry, somehow repled to wrong message (in a different group even)

So much about skills - LOL. :-)

Janis