Games on Phones: Great Numbers and Great Opportunities ( JavaOne WebCasts )

P. Flavin

Jun 10, 2003, 3:47:33 PM6/10/03

Games on Phones: Great Numbers and Great Opportunities

Live Web Casts ... Free, Learn about Gaming on Phones

| Welcome to the 2003 JavaOne conference.
|
| I am delighted that you have chosen to join us to learn
| about the latest developments in the exciting world of Java
| technology.
|
| Click here to view this morning's webcast

http://javaoneonline.mentorware.net/

Web-Cast : Free, Live or archived
---------------------------------

http://media.pacevideo.com/javaone_sf2003/launchpage.htm

http://servlet.java.sun.com/javaone/sf2003/conf/generalsessions/index.en.jsp
http://servlet.java.sun.com/javaone/sf2003/conf/schedule/index.en.jsp

Game Summit @ JavaOne
----------------------
| New this year, the Video Game Summit at the JavaOne conference
| offers three days of case studies, developer insight, game demos
| and techniques highlighting the use of JavaTM technology in
| modern game development.
|
| Come discover how Java technology can help minimize
| your development time while maximizing your consumer reach !

http://javaone.key3media.com/sf2003/index.php?d=conference&s=game_summit

Gaming on Phones & other Portable Devices and PCs
http://javagaming.org
http://community.java.net/games/
http://java.com/en/explore/games/index.jsp
http://java.net
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/java_games.html
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/games_with_java3d.html

http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2003-06/sunflash.20030604.1.html

| James Gosling: on the Java road ...
| --------------------------------
|
| I've been inescapably tagged as "the Java guy",
| despite the fact that I havn't worked in the Java
| product organization for a couple of years
| (I do still kibbitz).
|
| These days I work at Sun's research lab about
| two thirds of the time, and do customer visits
| and talks the other third.
|
| Octavo.com and ~~~ Albrect Durer ~~~
| --------------- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://weblogs.java.net/jag/#12

Albrect Durer, da Vinici & a Naked Woman

| Albrecht Durer's self portrait and demonstration
| of da Vinci's technique of desktop publishing using
| 1500's technology.
|
| Two grids are used to help the artist render an
| acurrate perspective drawing of the model using
| raytracing techniques ... demonstrated with Java.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/rt_how.html
http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/raytracing.html

"Windows Only" leaves you trapped, stuck in the last century.

Java gives you and your games & applications: Freedom.

-- Paul, Java Developer & Web Animator
Imaging the Imagined: Modeling with Math & a Keyboard