8 Bit Gaming Resurrection

David Roy

May 31, 2003, 10:53:21 AM5/31/03
Hi all you 8 Bit Lovers who grew up with systems like Atari, Commodore and
Nintendo. I am a Commodore 64 lover. I recently graduated from programming
college. I want to resurrect 8 Bit gaming. Not through an emulator though.

If you would like to volunteer and get a great portfolio then email me.

I need:

Story Line Writers
Sound Developers
Musicians
Graphic Developers
Programmers

Remember, 8 Bit only.

Together we can create fantastic games.

David Roy.

Gerry Quinn

May 31, 2003, 11:15:13 AM5/31/03
In article <Bl3Ca.306954$M81.1...@news02.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, "David Roy" <davi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi all you 8 Bit Lovers who grew up with systems like Atari, Commodore and
>Nintendo. I am a Commodore 64 lover. I recently graduated from programming
>college. I want to resurrect 8 Bit gaming. Not through an emulator though.
>
>If you would like to volunteer and get a great portfolio then email me.
>
>I need:
>
>Story Line Writers
>Sound Developers
>Musicians
>Graphic Developers
>Programmers
>
>Remember, 8 Bit only.

Every integer must be a byte? Maximum of 256 colours?

What is your definition of 8-bit?

Gerry Quinn
--
http://bindweed.com
Screensavers, Games, Puzzles

David Roy

May 31, 2003, 12:31:35 PM5/31/03
My definition of 8 bit is to program the graphics and sound to mimic 8 bit.
The PC is capable of so much more but I love 8 bit games.

"Gerry Quinn" <ger...@indigo.ie> wrote in message

Dr. Van Thorp

Jun 2, 2003, 11:06:45 PM6/2/03
I suggest that you download the developement kit for the Gameboy
Advance. I think that it is actually 16-bit, but it's capabilities are
comparable to the old Amaiga or Atari ST, which is close to what you
are interested in working on. Also, it's a lot easier to find in
working order than, say, C-64 or Atari 800.

lovens weche

Jun 5, 2003, 1:30:35 AM6/5/03
> I suggest that you download the developement kit for the Gameboy
> Advance. I think that it is actually 16-bit, but it's capabilities are
> comparable to the old Amaiga or Atari ST, which is close to what you
> are interested in working on. Also, it's a lot easier to find in
> working order than, say, C-64 or Atari 800.

where can I find this kit?

Lovens

Bill Leary

Jun 5, 2003, 5:27:12 PM6/5/03