Autodesk Animator Pro

Stefan Schimanski

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

Hello,

I'm looking for Animator Pro from Autodesk. I haven't seen it anywhere in
stores. What can do with it exactly. Does it contain a form of a sprite
editor? Can I animate adventure scenes? Perhaps somebody can give some
infos to this program.

Thanks
Stefan

Guy Gardner

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97
to Stefan Schimanski

I don't know exactly what it is, either. But I did see it in a store
here in Cincinnati used. The box doesn't tell you much about it, and
neither does the autodesk web site. I know you can make cartoons with
it, but I don't know anything else.

Guy

Scott Dudley

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97

> > I'm looking for Animator Pro from Autodesk. I haven't seen it anywhere in
> > stores. What can do with it exactly. Does it contain a form of a sprite
> > editor? Can I animate adventure scenes? Perhaps somebody can give some
> > infos to this program.

> I don't know exactly what it is, either. But I did see it in a store
> here in Cincinnati used. The box doesn't tell you much about it, and
> neither does the autodesk web site. I know you can make cartoons with
> it, but I don't know anything else.

I had an older version of Autodesk Animator for a bit. It was ok for
the time. It allowed you to create .fli files for the rez 320x200x256.
It also had some nice image editing capabilities as well as cell
animation.
I used some of the fonts but other than that I had no use for it. If
you are doing a 320x200x256 game and you wanted some animation, it
would be great. I would suggest using a proggie like improcess to
manipulate
palettes before you did your animation though.

But like I said, I can only talk about a somewhat older version...

Alberto Hernandez Marcos

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97

Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> I'm looking for Animator Pro from Autodesk. I haven't seen it anywhere in
> stores. What can do with it exactly. Does it contain a form of a sprite
> editor? Can I animate adventure scenes? Perhaps somebody can give some
> infos to this program.
>
> Thanks
> Stefan

Autodesk Animator Pro is the best low-prized animation tool running on a
PC.
Yes, you can draw and animate sprites and scenes of any size (I've
animated
260-pixels-high human figures), limited to 256 colors.

It lacks a multilayer screen, so when you paste a cel/animation of a
character
on a background, there's no possible correction or Undo. You should keep
"clean-copy" of each character/background before pasting a scene.
Anyway,
what do you exactly mean by "animate adventure scenes"?

On a higher category you coul buy Autodesk Animator Studio for Windows,
but it's muc more expensive and needs a HUGE ammount of memory for
each single frame, no matter how small it is, therefore running
slooooow....

If you need some more concrete answers, just ask.

Alberto