How many rogue style games are there?

Rev. Joseph Miklojcik

Jul 7, 1989, 7:41:34 PM7/7/89

I've been reading rec.games.programmer for a couple of months now. I have
been considering writing an adventure game w/ rogue style interface for some
time now, and was wondering how many such programs actually exist.

I am aware of larn, ultralarn, omega, rogue, hack, nethack, and moria. If yet
another such game would attract only large yawns, then it's not worth my time.
If many other games like these exist, then my ideas for such a game arre much
less likely to be original.

If, on the other hand, there are only a handful of other such games that I do
not know of, then I will post my ideas here and see what the outlook is.

The ubiquitous "thanks in advance" is in order.

-joe j...@unipress.com
repo!j...@unipress.unipress.com