Le Fun - Game Over - Another Arcade Closing !!!

fredsm...@yahoo.com

Dec 6, 2005, 2:14:17 PM12/6/05
It was announced today that the Le Fun arcade near the University of
Texas in Austin would close after 32 years in business. Le Fun mostly
had video games, but they always had four or five newer Stern pinball
machines available to play. At one time in the 1970's they had over 30
pinball machines! Sad to see them go... Get to your local arcade soon,
before they all disappear...

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/media/paper410/news/2005/12/06/TopStories/Game-Over.For.Le.Fun.Arcade.After.32.Years-1122085.shtml?norewrite&sourcedomain=www.dailytexanonline.com

dan.lit...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2005, 2:21:30 PM12/6/05
Man that blows big time. In college 10 years ago, we use to blow
quarters like crazy in there. Right now, it was one of the few places
in Austin that has more than two pinball machines. Might be the only
place. Going to be missed.

Dan

Bryan Kelly

Dec 6, 2005, 2:24:10 PM12/6/05
Sad to see them go... Get to your local arcade soon,
before they all disappear...

I was at my favorite arcade on Saturday. A little sh*t hole joint
known as SSBilliards not too far from me. The owner can be kind of
grouchy but he's got a lot of cool pins. :-)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Lloyd Olson

Dec 6, 2005, 3:15:35 PM12/6/05
Thanks Dad ! LTG :)

"Bryan Kelly" <bske...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Sad to see them go... Get to your local arcade soon,
> before they all disappear...
>

> I was at my favorite arcade on Saturday. A little great place
> known as SSBilliards not too far from me. The owner is very nice
> and he's got a lot of cool pins. :-)
>
> Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
>
> I'm a F*wad. I shouldn't be allowed out in public.
> And the way I dress I should have to register with local
> authorities for having bad taste. When children see me
> on the street, they think a freak escaped from the sideshow.
>
> Sg line compliments of Son-In-Law at the Coin Op Cathedral.

Lloyd Olson

Dec 6, 2005, 3:16:28 PM12/6/05
There are any left ? LTG :(

<fredsm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Pin Geek

Dec 6, 2005, 4:32:18 PM12/6/05
If you are in the VA area, check out a brand NEW arcade, and play some golf.
3 pins and more coming. I threw together a page for them, Oasis Sports
Park.
http://host300.ipowerweb.com/~pingeekc/pingeek/oasis1.htm

11-7 daily hours.

--
Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

llabrevlis

Dec 6, 2005, 5:02:23 PM12/6/05
Hardly on the same scale, but I had a small arcade in the back of my
video store for the last 6 years (8 pinballs), but my bastard, pig
slime of a landlord decided that after 18+ years he'd kick me out on
Dec 31st!!! NICE!! Pin lineup was AFM,SS,SF2, Shadow, Space Invaders,
T2, T3, and Gridiron. Wasn't making any money, but not looking forward
to moving and storing all the equipment.

MikeR

Dec 6, 2005, 6:44:27 PM12/6/05
Even the "arcades" have a shortage of pinball machines. Stopped at
"Champion Fun Center" last week and searched 2 floors in vain. Not a
pinball to be found. I'm down to about 2 bars and one bowling alley
that have any machines at all ;-(

Ironman

Dec 7, 2005, 2:58:38 AM12/7/05
Le "FUN" ..... Texas ..... is this the "FUN" from ebay everyone loves?

Well, maybe not. But some Pinheads in Tx. are going to be taking home
some pins for Xmas :

Feyznia hired the Los Angeles company Super Auction to hold an auction
at Le Fun on Dec. 17 to sell its more than 100 arcade games.

vince

Dec 20, 2005, 4:42:37 PM12/20/05

<fredsm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>It was announced today that the Le Fun arcade near the University of
>Texas in Austin would close after 32 years in business. Le Fun mostly

Just catching up with rgp when I saw this. Bummer. I was there
a few months ago to play Elvis. I was going to UT from 80-84
and dropped plenty of quarters there(though many in Tempest
and Space Duel as I remember pins got scarce for a while).

The last gasp of the arcade experience.

--
vince
/***** Visit the Home of the Rancid Tofu Experience *****/