best way to sell a collection?

woodrow

Aug 26, 2021, 2:12:51 AMAug 26
i'm moving and need to sell 5 (or 6) SS pins. unfortunately they've been in non-climate-controlled storage for 5 years, and have started developing rust, cracked rubber, etc. i don't have time to clean them up for sale, or even test functionality, and would prefer to sell them together rather than individually. what are my best options for finding a buyer? i'd love to make a deal with a hobbyist, but i'm guessing craigslist flippers might be my best shot?

Theatre of Magic, Funhouse, Pinball Magic, Freddy, WCS'94, The Shadow, located in Marin, CA.

(i'd also consider a trade for a 9+ TAF, in which case i'd also sell my TAF.)

cheers!

LexingtonVAPin

Aug 26, 2021, 10:53:41 AMAug 26
Craigs List will bring you a lot of scams, but maybe a legitimate buyer.

Pinside has an active Classified Ads section.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds

Mr. Pinball has classified ads, but they are not as active as they used
to be.
https://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/index.html

As much as I don't like to admit it, Facebook has a pretty good
classified section.

In most cases, people will not want the entire group and try to split
them. And you are more likely to get the most money selling them
individually.

If you were on the east coast, I would take a shot at them.

Don't under price them. Pinball prices went way up during the pandemic,
although they might be coming down a bit. It is difficult to get a good
feel for what they should bring, because price depends on condition.
Here is a good place to start:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive

--
http://orcalcoast.com/

woodrow

Aug 26, 2021, 2:21:30 PMAug 26
yeah, Pinside and Mr Pinball is the route i'm going to take if i give up on a bulk sale. will look into facebook, but don't want all my contacts to know what a degenerate i am :) craigslist is last resort. maybe i'll take a crack at nextdoor ..

thanks for the input!

pacman...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2021, 3:56:29 PMAug 26
Hello Please get ahold of me, I am in San Diego ca
my website
elitepinballrestorations.com
email pacman...@yahoo.com
cell# 619-792-4332 for texting i get horrible cell service here

Thanks

Chris

LexingtonVAPin

Aug 26, 2021, 5:15:15 PMAug 26
On 8/26/21 2:21 PM, woodrow wrote:
> yeah, Pinside and Mr Pinball is the route i'm going to take if i give up on a bulk sale. will look into facebook, but don't want all my contacts to know what a degenerate i am :) craigslist is last resort. maybe i'll take a crack at nextdoor ..
>
> thanks for the input!

I have limited experience with NextDoor. From what I can tell, it's
distribution for 'local deals' is geographically pretty limited.

--
http://orcalcoast.com/

pacman...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2021, 8:05:58 PMAug 26
oops my cell is 619-792-4331
Dont know how the heck a 2 got in there!

Chris
elitepinballrestorations.com

DomaineR

Aug 27, 2021, 4:05:33 PMAug 27
On Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 11:12:51 PM UTC-7, woodrow wrote:
hey, I'd be interested in your imperfect TAF if you decide to let it go and use your newfound pile of cash to get the 9+ one of your dreams. I'm local and could do cash on the barrel. Cash in hand might help you find that perfect TAF easier! I'm at: cornews aht pacbell doht net Best. D

woodpost

Aug 27, 2021, 7:31:42 PMAug 27
On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 12:56:29 PM UTC-7, pacman...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello Please get ahold of me, I am in San Diego ca
> my website
> elitepinballrestorations.com
> email pacman...@yahoo.com
> cell# 619-792-4332 for texting i get horrible cell service here

howdy Chris, thanks for your interest. i actually just found a collector in my neighborhood who's interested in a few. i'll contact you after that's been sorted.

cheers!

woodpost

Aug 27, 2021, 7:34:14 PMAug 27
On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 1:05:33 PM UTC-7, DomaineR wrote:
> hey, I'd be interested in your imperfect TAF if you decide to let it go and use your newfound pile of cash to get the 9+ one of your dreams. I'm local and could do cash on the barrel. Cash in hand might help you find that perfect TAF easier! I'm at: cornews aht pacbell doht net Best. D

gotcha. will contact you if i go this route.

cheers!

pacman...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2021, 7:48:02 PMAug 27
Hello, Just to put it out there I restored an Addams pin this year for my personal collection with everything replaced, might be up for a trade for some of these and your Addams

woodpost

Aug 27, 2021, 11:09:11 PMAug 27
On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 4:48:02 PM UTC-7, pacman...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello, Just to put it out there I restored an Addams pin this year for my personal collection with everything replaced, might be up for a trade for some of these and your Addams

intriguing! i mailed you at your @yahoo address.

pacman...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2021, 11:23:43 PMAug 27
I haven't seen any emails from you
pacmangriffy is my email for google and Yahoo just at the at whatever after
or elitepinballrestorations.com has my contact email and cell
Thanks

Chris

psk445

Aug 31, 2021, 11:33:40 PMAug 31
Hi,

I'm fairly local and have been dying to pick up a Theatre of Magic or Shadow. Please email me for a quick easy cash sale.

Thanks!
JJ