tech: johnny mnemonic hand switches

pinworks

Aug 2, 2021, 10:39:45 AM8/2/21
I've been looking at the manual page 2-27 with the parts list of this game. Terrible documentation. It lists 2 mini micro switches and two opto board brackets. I have watched the available videos on youtube. I think I understand the glove movement, but I cannot tell where the micro switches are mounted and where the optos are located. I need to go quite a distance to work on a game and I need to know what parts I might need, Can anyone tell me what motions are controlled by opto and what by micro switch?

Thanks
pinworks

Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic

Aug 4, 2021, 10:20:50 AM8/4/21
Too bad Williams never released the "future amendment" to the game manual like they promised on page 2-26...

The opto switches (pairs) are positioned by the rotary encoders that are mounted to each motor shaft. If you look at the bottom motor shown on page 2-27 the opto for that motor is that small assembly right above the "2-27" page number; the optos are switches 74-77 in the switch matrix. The microswitches are for the "hand home" detection, switches 12 and 37 in the switch matrix. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures available of the hand assembly to help.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic

Aug 4, 2021, 6:01:47 PM8/4/21
Oh, and to answer the question I overlooked, the optos "count" shaft rotation to determine the position of the hand from the home point.