Re: EM Tech: Coin lockout coil, Gottlieb Lawman

John Robertson

Apr 11, 2021, 8:55:16 PM4/11/21
On 2021/04/11 10:54 a.m., Frank G wrote:
> Good day all! Working on a Gottlieb Lawman and have a question about the coin lockout coil.
> Whenever a stand up target or drop target is hit/drops the lockout coil also pulls in or energizes at the same time. I'm thinking it shouldn't do that? Can anyone confirm if this is normal operation, thanks!

I suspect this is a miss-wiring.

According to the schematics of games of similar vintage to Lawman
normally the Coin Lockout Coil is enabled by the Bounce Switch and the
Anti-Cheat Switch (both normally closed). For the coil to
energize/denergize it must be wired to a motor switch so it cycles once
per 1/3 revolution.

Or, somehow, the Anti-Cheat Switch is responding to the targets
mentioned opening the circuit to the Coin-Lockout Coil.

John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com