FS:Really nice Blackout (opinions please)

dogman

Apr 9, 2010, 2:22:53 AM4/9/10
Hi All,

I just picked up a really nice Williams Blackout. I have not been
selling games for a few years now and have almost no pulse on the
sales side of things. Please help me on this. What is a very good
condition Blackout going for these days. I mean realistically. I am
not trying to make a mint on it, just what is fair. Game is overall an
8 right now. Hardly any paint missing from BG and no wear on PF. only
thing I have done so far was changed out the 5101 and added two new
inter-connectors on the driver board. Game is now working.

Thanks in advance,

Craig Weiss
CARGPB23

firepower

Apr 9, 2010, 6:45:59 AM4/9/10
I paid about $600 for a Blackout that was a "diamond in the rough".

I drove a fair way and collected it from the owners storage. Hadn't been
played in years. No playfield wear, decent backglass with some crazing.
Hard to find a glass that's perfect on that title. I would have
rated it a 6-7. Needed some serious cleaning up, new rubber and coil
sleeves and the usual driver board "interboard connector" / transistor
repairs. Thought I got a good price, would have been willing to pay
more if no work was needed on it.

-Richard

Jay

Apr 9, 2010, 6:54:03 AM4/9/10

Boston Pinball says the average of ebay sales is $506.
http://www.bostonpinball.biz/eBayPrices11302009.htm

Jay

Fuey

Apr 9, 2010, 8:28:01 AM4/9/10
In article
<7d1fa482-d1bd-4d3e...@w17g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
dogman <lbarr...@aol.com> wrote:

I bought my Blackout from you, Craig...if I remember right I paid around
$600 for it. It was in very good shape too, although I had to replace
every lamp in it because they were all 12 volt bulbs....hmmm.

Hope you're well!

-Mike

Adm56

Apr 9, 2010, 8:42:10 AM4/9/10
On Apr 9, 7:28 am, Fuey <pilgar...@remo-ve.comcast.net> wrote:
> In article
> <7d1fa482-d1bd-4d3e-900a-7c1b41582...@w17g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
> -Mike- Hide quoted text -

I suppose if it was impossibly/time vault sort of nice it would be
worth more than $600 to the right buyer. You know like NO playfield
wear...repainted cabinet...perfect backglass etc...you mention some
paint missing from the backglass so I guess it depends on where it's
missing. :) But then again my original FP backglass didn't have much
paint missing either but it was so faded and washed out that it might
as well have been a naked flashlight in your face when in a dark
gameroom.

JT

Apr 9, 2010, 8:55:02 AM4/9/10
On Apr 9, 2:22 am, dogman <lbarry7...@aol.com> wrote:

Where are you located? I'm actually looking for a Blackout within
driving distance or to pick up at the Allentown show. Email me if
you're going to Allentown & can bring it.
Thanks,
Jeff

BlackoutFan

Apr 9, 2010, 12:42:48 PM4/9/10

I paid 300 for mine, also a diamond in the rough, hadnt been played in
10+ years, missing the playfield glass but luckily someone cut a piece
of 3/4 inch plywood to protect the playfield.Id rate it a 8.5 out of
10. Have put 140 into it. I play it nightly and it plays wonderfully.
Would like to find a Firepower someday to put next to it.

OHMI_ARCADE

Apr 9, 2010, 1:39:05 PM4/9/10
"Would like to find a Firepower someday to put next to it."

I just got my firepower running and setup next to my blackout... they
do make a pretty pair.
I think the $600 price is reasonable.
Tim

Janice Davies

Oct 18, 2021, 1:45:08 PM10/18/21
Hi guys if you buy or sell a game DO NOT go by the price guides there a joke theres so many variables...