TRON vs TRON LE; TRON worth the money?

pninja005

Mar 6, 2012, 2:42:10 PM3/6/12
TRON LE NIB seems to be all gone. I'm thinking of getting a TRON NIB.
Is it worth the money? How big is the difference between both
versions?

Pinball Duane

Mar 6, 2012, 2:49:39 PM3/6/12

For me, the LE is not worth the extra money. I've played the Pro alot
and it's awesome. The LE adds some eye candy and an extra mode, but I
really don't think it's worth the extra dollars. YMMV.

Cheers,
Duane

--
Pinball Duane
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

mummite

Mar 6, 2012, 2:53:23 PM3/6/12
I agree, for me it was not worth the money either. The pro
essentially has the same gameplay and with some LED lighting and
mirror blades the game looks just as good as the LE :)

just my 2 cents

Mat

skooter710

Mar 6, 2012, 3:04:36 PM3/6/12

The only people who say this don't own a Tron LE The game is Fing
awesome So yes it is. My 2 cents :D

Scott

--
skooter710

Joey

Mar 6, 2012, 3:09:27 PM3/6/12
No stern is worth 8k. If you must have one then buy one. People do it
with BSM all the time. Then you cab be part of the BDC and flaunt
it. Pro is almost as good, however you will never hear that from a LE
owner since they always feel theirs is superior. Save 4k getting the
pro and put it towards another game.

Pacpin

Mar 6, 2012, 3:08:42 PM3/6/12

skooter710;1899713 Wrote:
> The only people who say this don't own a Tron LE The game is Fing
> awesome So yes it is. My 2 cents :D
>
> Scott

But are the "differences" that much more awesome, that's what he's
asking. Tron is an awesome game, and he's getting one no matter what.
Is the extra mode and some led lighting worth the 2-3K more that the LEs
are bringing.

--
Pacpin

Joey

Mar 6, 2012, 3:12:23 PM3/6/12
And the only people who act like this are LE owners, so what's your
point?

Pappy Boyington

Mar 6, 2012, 3:15:52 PM3/6/12
On Mar 6, 1:42 pm, pninja005 <pninja...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I believe the difference is about 1.5K? Might be a little less for
some. If you are looking to save money then go with the pro. It's
still a great game and you wouldn't really notice missing the extra
animations, modes and drop targets. I own the LE but I can understand
if somebody doesn't think the bling is worth it.

BUT, those lit ramps and the chrome rails and legs LOOK FREAKING
AWESOME! The ramps are probably the coolest thing on a pinball machine
ever. Put some mirrors on the side and they really light up the
playfield!

Just so you know when you get the pro and see a LE you will have LE
envy;-)

Rich

underlord

Mar 6, 2012, 3:04:57 PM3/6/12
Daft punk multiball, ramp light shows integrated into the software,
moving recognizer with matching lit inserts, extra clear coat, chrome
trim. C'mon guys, LE has a bit more than your leading into.

AFM_TZ

Mar 6, 2012, 3:19:59 PM3/6/12
Disclaimer: I am an LE owner.

I had the same q when deciding Pro over LE of course. Why shell out 2k
or more for the up dated model? I struggled for a month or two, even
canned my LE order a few times in the middle (my distributor was
pissed).

I guess the silver screened playfield, updated hardware and chrome won
me over a little bit, but not enough. Daft punk mode - meh. What
really got me - those ramps. They sync with the software so
wonderfully, they truly mesmerize and make the game beyond cool. I
watched countless youtube videos between the LE and the Pro before
realizing the ramps were worth it - when the game got here, in person
they look better. Whoever came up with that idea, as simple as it is,
justified it for me.

Joey

Mar 6, 2012, 3:24:40 PM3/6/12
His question was it worth it. When they first came out then yes. But
it is not worth 8k+ now, sorry. Of course the LE owners well argue it
to death....but no Stern is worth that much, not even the almighty BSM.

skippy church

Mar 6, 2012, 3:26:56 PM3/6/12

underlord;1899733 Wrote:
> On Mar 6, 2:53*pm, mummite <mumm... (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:
> > I agree, for me it was not worth the money either. *The pro
> > essentially has the same gameplay and with some LED lighting and
> > mirror blades the game looks just as good as the LE :)
> >
> > just my 2 cents
> >
> > Mat
>
> Daft punk multiball, ramp light shows integrated into the software,
> moving recognizer with matching lit inserts, extra clear coat, chrome
> trim. C'mon guys, LE has a bit more than your leading into.

You can add chrome, and fuck that moving recognizer. I will give you the
light show on the ramps is amazing, however. But is it over 2k amazing?
Eh.... not sure.

which would I rather own? LE, of course.

--
skippy church

Gott Lieb?

Mar 6, 2012, 3:35:38 PM3/6/12

I've played both and both were decked out with Cointaker LEDs. This is
of course outside of the stock LEDs the LE uses. For me, the
differences come down to this:

The fiber optic lighted ramps are very cool. Probably the best upgrade
from the Pro to the LE. Are they ultimately needed? Not really, but
they are cool.

The chrome LD bar, siderails, hinges, and legs are nice, but I would
have them tarnished in a heartbeat. This could be added to a Pro, if
you really wanted.

Toss out the 3/8" threaded rod for PF support, and add support rails.
This is probably a given.

The moving recognizer is neat, but not totally necessary.

I have not noticed a diference between the drop targets on the LE vs.
the stationary targets on the Pro. If anything, the standups will make
the game a little faster. Someone correct me if the drop targets add to
the game in any way.

Lighted apron and extra flashers on the LE are neat, but not really
noticeable when playing, IMO.

Daft Punk mode / MB - I've never reached it on the LE, so I have no clue
what it's like.

Overall, the lighted ramps are what make the LE a step above the Pro,
IMO. That being said, there are enough things which can be added to the
Pro to make it a "Premium" of sorts. Or, you can just leave it stock,
and still enjoy the game.

Jim
--
Gott Lieb?

Mike D

Mar 6, 2012, 3:36:02 PM3/6/12

I got to play both the Pro and LE at SPF, no comparison in terms of
ascetics. My wife, who typically could care less about pinball, was
actually drawn to the LE. In fact it was the only machine she played
the entire time we were there. Two days later she says, “You know that
TRON game was pretty cool. Why don’t you get that one next?” When I
mentioned the price difference between the two models she said, “I want
the one with the lights like CV.” End of story. Is it worth the extra
money? All I know is that we love our LE.

--
Mike D

tomdotcom

Mar 6, 2012, 3:49:45 PM3/6/12
The lit ramps alone are worth it for the LE IMO. My buddy has one and
it's a great game. If money is no object I'd spring for an LE...if you
can even find one...

Rare Hero

Mar 6, 2012, 3:44:18 PM3/6/12
It was worth it when it came out...but now? Is the Tron LE worth the
price of TWO Tron Pros? Come on...but as we know, some people in this
hobby have deep pockets....if a ridiculous flipper price doesn't cramp
your lifestyle, go for it. It's a stunning game. If you need that
extra $4k to...um...eat...get the Pro, plays and sounds just as good.

Greg

AddictedToEMs

Mar 6, 2012, 4:00:44 PM3/6/12
I'm going with the pro myself and going to invest some $$ in fiber
optic research. Wish me luck...

Mike D

Mar 6, 2012, 4:17:59 PM3/6/12
Extra $4k?

I think if you can afford to buy a pinball machine, any pinball machine
for that matter, then you probably aren’t worrying about what’s for
dinner. If you’re worried about affording the necessities in life, then
you probably shouldn’t be shopping for a luxury toy (Pro or LE).

Pappy Boyington

Mar 6, 2012, 4:32:56 PM3/6/12
On Mar 6, 2:09 pm, Joey <pinballj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No stern is worth 8k.

HUH? Where did you get that price? I paid 5.5K for my LE.

Rich

Pappy Boyington

Mar 6, 2012, 4:38:01 PM3/6/12
On Mar 6, 2:04 pm, underlord <rburn...@metrocast.net> wrote:

> Daft punk multiball, ramp light shows integrated into the software,
> moving recognizer with matching lit inserts, extra clear coat, chrome
> trim.  C'mon guys, LE has a bit more than your leading into.

Also the metallic silver ink on the playfield. The lit metal apron and
the underside playfield rails.

Rich

Scylla

Mar 6, 2012, 4:47:07 PM3/6/12
On Mar 6, 1:42 pm, pninja005 <pninja...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Beauty and worth are in the eye of the beholder, so for everyone this
is a very different calculus. I would say if we were looking at the
price difference at first release, for me it would have been "worth"
it. Not necessarily from a "logical" standpoint but from a "damn,
that light show is really, really cool. Me want."

But Tron LE's -- the last few NIB around -- recently sold for $8K or
so. I know, I tried to find one; that's what they were selling for --
straight from a guy who had just got one of the last available. At
that price difference, that is hard for me to justify. I would like
to see what JJP delivers on WOZ (have one coming) and see what type of
game he puts out there for $6.5K (without consideration to future
resale value -- just looking at what I am getting out of the box for a
NIB purchase).

I have been spending regular time on the Tron Pro at Gameworks in
Schaumburg (it's in the redemption area so I have this feeling my
regular visits to the 'kiddie' area are triggering something with the
local authorities). I really like Tron. There's not a ton on the pf
but what's there is really well laid out with great combo shots and
fast, flowing gameplay. And the art/sound package are pretty cool
too. For me, this is a theme/package that works better for my taste
and skill level than AC/DC or Transformers (though I finally managed
to hit the Bell shot on AC/DC without a SDTM -- that was really
starting to roil my blood).

So, do you need all the bling to enjoy Tron? No. But, damn, that
light show is really cool. Me want!

Good luck.

Rompen

Mar 6, 2012, 5:00:22 PM3/6/12
On Mar 6, 1:42 pm, pninja005 <pninja...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Pro/Le.. the movie still sucked balls. I loved the original Tron but
since the game is based on the sequel, it's disappointing. The 3D was
lousy, the character development was nonexistent, the CGI was about 10
years out of date and the story line really made no sense. But hey,
there was a cool light-cycle scene so I guess that makes up for
everything else...

The CNY PIN GUY

Mar 6, 2012, 4:09:49 PM3/6/12
On Mar 6, 4:00 pm, AddictedToEMs <weirpinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going with the pro myself and going to invest some $$ in fiber
> optic research. Wish me luck...

Bought my LE before the super hype - way glad I did and yes I bought a
pro first to see if I liked the basic model
LE to me is awesome and worth selling a game and adding cash

Learned that from waiting on SM black

Number 154 in CNY is very happy

Scylla

Mar 6, 2012, 5:33:14 PM3/6/12
I will beg you for it, if that makes a difference....... :)

Good call, man. You need to tell everyone you had foresight and saw
the LE price skyrocket coming!

Pappy Boyington

Mar 6, 2012, 5:28:47 PM3/6/12
On Mar 6, 3:09 pm, The CNY PIN GUY <cnypinball...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bought my LE before the super hype - way glad I did and yes I bought a
> pro first to see if I liked the basic model
> LE to me is awesome and worth selling a game and adding cash

Well there you go. I think this settles it. Tron LE is worth the extra
bucks. Anybody else own both?

Rich

Max Badazz

Mar 6, 2012, 5:28:52 PM3/6/12
>>  Pro is almost as good, however you will never hear that from a LE
> owner since they always feel theirs is superior.

I own a Tron LE and have said this many times before (including a post
earlier today). Tron Pro is just as much fun to play as the LE, with
only minor differences in gameplay (Daft punk multiball, moving
recognizer lit targets, and the drop targets). I played a ton of the
pro down in DisneyWorld last fall (because I missed mine) and had 100%
as much fun with it. There is no reason to at this point to pay the
extra for one of the last remaining LE's NIB (I think its about $10k
on ebay).

Chris (in NH)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/maxbadazz
WTB: Strider arcade marquee

bigboss

Mar 6, 2012, 5:50:05 PM3/6/12

pninja005;1899699 Wrote:
> TRON LE NIB seems to be all gone. I'm thinking of getting a TRON NIB.
> Is it worth the money? How big is the difference between both
> versions?

The ramps are the big one. You can add EL wire to your pro ramps for
about $150 (for full instructions, search my thread at pinside forum on
this). While not cool SW controlled color changing, it is still really a
neat effect. If the LE's were still around $6200, I'd buy one but with
them going for $8500-9000 forget it. Here is my Tron Pro with the EL
wire added:
http://thebigboss.org/arcade/tron.jpg

Moving recognizer, drop targets - these are neat, but not a must
Chrome package - I dont like it. I painted my black rails, lockdown bar,
coin door, legs all metallic blue. Look way better than chrome in my
opinion.

The gameplay on the two is basically the same.

--
bigboss

Baraka

Mar 6, 2012, 6:16:53 PM3/6/12
Played Tron Pro... Good Game... Next Day... Ordered Tron LE! GLAD I
DID......!!!! Best
game in my line up. I think Stern outdid themselves on this one. Had a
few minor problems but now resolved! Go Stern!!!

skippy church

Mar 6, 2012, 6:28:49 PM3/6/12

Papy Boyington;1899791 Wrote:
> On Mar 6, 2:09*pm, Joey <pinballj... (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:
> > No stern is worth 8k.
>
> HUH? Where did you get that price? I paid 5.5K for my LE.
>
> Rich

Step out of your time capsule for just a moment and look around! lol

--
skippy church

Borygard

Mar 6, 2012, 6:44:15 PM3/6/12
I'll echo what's been the majority here. LE is not worth the cost.
The lighted ramps are probably the best light feature in all of
pinball, but that's about the only thing that's worth the upgrade from
the Pro.

IMHO, there are much better games to get with your $, but if you're
set on TRON, then I think the Pro is the only way to go. I've said it
before, and I'm sure I'll say it again (as much as Steve dislikes me
for it), no stern pinball is worth $8K.

And I definitely agree with Rompen, the movie absolutely sucked!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Fattrain

Mar 6, 2012, 6:51:32 PM3/6/12

I LOVE my Tron LE #142. Even though I would make a few grand above what
I paid for it selling it right now, there is no way I would ever do
that.

Tron LE is just wayyyyyyy too cool of a game.

Tron LE @ 5.5k compared to 4k pro is worth it!

Tron LE @ 8k compared to 4k pro is NOT worth it!

--
Fattrain

- - - - - - - - -
PinTrain / Justin
Sacramento, CA

Current Lineup: SM-LE, LOTR, TSPP, TRON LE, JM#1, JP

David Craigslist

Mar 6, 2012, 8:14:45 PM3/6/12

> Tron LE is just wayyyyyyy too cool of a game.
>
> Tron LE @ 5.5k compared to 4k pro is worth it!
>
> Tron LE @ 8k compared to 4k pro is NOT worth it!
>
> --
> Fattrain
>
> - - - - - - - - -

+1. That was my exact dellema 2 months ago, and my exact conclusion.
If I could have for the LE at the original price, I would have payed
it. But now, well I just love my Pro, and I have no concern about
value or investment because it isn't going anywhere! By far Stern's
best effort.

Dave

Scylla

Mar 6, 2012, 8:32:25 PM3/6/12
On Mar 6, 5:44 pm, Borygard <boryg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll echo what's been the majority here.  LE is not worth the cost.
> The lighted ramps are probably the best light feature in all of
> pinball, but that's about the only thing that's worth the upgrade from
> the Pro.
>
> IMHO, there are much better games to get with your $, but if you're
> set on TRON, then I think the Pro is the only way to go.  I've said it
> before, and I'm sure I'll say it again (as much as Steve dislikes me
> for it), no stern pinball is worth $8K.
>
> And I definitely agree with Rompen, the movie absolutely sucked!
>
> --
> Rob Anthony
> Pinball Classicshttp://LockWhenLit.com
> Quality Board Work - In Home Service
> 314-766-4587
>
> On Mar 6, 1:42 pm, pninja005 <pninja...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > TRON LE NIB seems to be all gone. I'm thinking of getting a TRON NIB.
> > Is it worth the money?   How big is the difference between both
> > versions?

Who me? Or another Steve... Ritchie perhaps. I never have an issue
with your pot stirring comments, Rob!

Hey, very pumped to make the Ohio show. Spoke to my brother -- he did
a book fair at the place and confirmed your description.

Oh, and per CPPinball website, that was a Tron LE we played there. I
think that's where this bug started for me. Plus you got me to
appreciate Elvis over at the Silver Ballroom.

Steve

yancy

Mar 7, 2012, 12:14:11 AM3/7/12

I own a Tron LE. Was it worth the pre-order price? Absolutely (although
it was a gamble buying an LE before even playing a Pro). Is an LE worth
the price difference over a Pro today? Aw *hell* naw.

I play Tron more than all my other games combined, and would happily buy
a Pro today if I didn't own either version. Sure, the LE looks great,
but the vast majority of my enjoyment comes from playing it.

--
yancy

nwojedi

Mar 7, 2012, 12:55:36 AM3/7/12

agreed. Extra money just for cosmetic improvements. Weak. Mod it
out yourself and you'll have a better game anyway.

--
nwojedi

Pinball Playfield restoration service at:
_www.Captainneo.com (\"http://www.captainneo.com\")__:D

Pinball Life

Mar 7, 2012, 2:04:10 AM3/7/12
If you need the money to eat then please don't buy either.
Terry.

--
Pinball Life

Pappy Boyington

Mar 7, 2012, 10:42:08 AM3/7/12
On Mar 6, 5:28 pm, skippy church <skippychu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Step out of your time capsule for just a moment and look around! lol

Nice one, LOL. You are right sir! I really didn't notice the price
jump for new Tron LEs. I guess the limited run really worked for the
collectors?

Rich

hassell castle

Mar 7, 2012, 11:30:50 AM3/7/12

As many have said, to buy a TRON LE now versus the price of a pro is a
huge difference in money, justifiable here in march 2012?....to each his
own. I can agree the price has sky rocketed due to the almost
non-existent reselling of TRON LE's, however couldn't the same be said
about Spider-Man Black? That game offers absolutely nothing over the red
version besides different cabinet artwork and a mirrored backglass and
it is fetching crazy money as well on the secondary market. TRON LE does
offer an additional multi-ball mode not available on the pro.

As I've stated before. I too was on the fence about buying a pro or an
LE when they were first coming out. I figured I'd go pro and add EL wire
once I received my game. Then heard from Stern the LE would have fiber
optic ramps that are programmed into the game...that was the deciding
factor that made me buy LE. I knew there would be no way to replicate
that. I also figured this was something new and inventive and never been
done on a machine before. It's going to make TRON LE stand out as a new
innovation in pinball.

Playing a TRON Pro is like playing the arcade game in a MAME cabinet,
part of what makes both the TRON LE and TRON Arcade game so mesmerizing
is they are both EYE CANDY.

I'll say this...buy TRON, either version you'll be happy with it....more
so with an LE if you can look past the price tag. I spoke with Lyman 2
weeks ago and he has told me that he now has a PRO and an LE at home and
as soon as he's done tweaking AC/DC code he is going back to make TRON
software the best it can be. So knowing that, us TRON owners have
something else to look forward to with our game as we know he's going to
take it over the top like he has done with Batman and Spidey. Will there
be a video Mode? Only time will tell. Fingers crossed and looking
forward to the future with my TRON LE #289

--
hassell castle

goodgameslover

Mar 7, 2012, 11:35:25 AM3/7/12

Tron LE is way more popular in the states then here in Europe. There is
a Huo on sale here for 5000 euro (6500 dollar), and is still available
after more then a week. New the pin costed 5800 euro (7600 dollar) btw.

--
goodgameslover

Current Collection : MM, TSPP, MB, POTC, FT, AFM, The Flintstones, IM,
T3, Tron LE (112#), TF ADE (42#), LOTR, CV
Moved On : TAF, IJ (WMS)

Frank Gigliotti

Mar 7, 2012, 11:39:39 AM3/7/12
Holy smokes more updates to the TRON code would be AWESOME!
This is already a great game! Its become my favorite Stern to date.

"hassell castle" <cwa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Pappy Boyington

Mar 7, 2012, 11:41:10 AM3/7/12
On Mar 7, 10:35 am, goodgameslover <yves.haverm...@telenet.be> wrote:
> Tron LE is way more popular in the states then here in Europe. There is
> a Huo on sale here for 5000 euro (6500 dollar), and is still available
> after more then a week. New the pin costed 5800 euro (7600 dollar) btw.

He's taking a thousand dollar hit to sell his HUO pin and he still
can't sell it. That is crazy!

Rich

Dan Q very much

Mar 7, 2012, 11:55:36 AM3/7/12
On Mar 7, 10:30 am, hassell castle <cwai...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I spoke with Lyman 2
> weeks ago and he has told me that he now has a PRO and an LE at home and
> as soon as he's done tweaking AC/DC code he is going back to make TRON
> software the best it can be.

Drool, drool...

Pappy Boyington

Mar 7, 2012, 11:43:29 AM3/7/12
On Mar 7, 10:39 am, "Frank Gigliotti" <frankgiglio...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> Holy smokes more updates to the TRON code would be AWESOME!
> This is already a great game! Its become my favorite Stern to date.

Yes, that is great news. There are few other things he can do to
improve the game but the thing that bothers me on every game is the
instant info. It's totally useless!

Rich

underlord

Mar 8, 2012, 11:25:57 AM3/8/12
ZING!!

--Rick.

underlord

Mar 8, 2012, 11:33:32 AM3/8/12
On Mar 6, 6:44 pm, Borygard <boryg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll echo what's been the majority here.  LE is not worth the cost.
> The lighted ramps are probably the best light feature in all of
> pinball, but that's about the only thing that's worth the upgrade from
> the Pro.
>
> IMHO, there are much better games to get with your $, but if you're
> set on TRON, then I think the Pro is the only way to go.  I've said it
> before, and I'm sure I'll say it again (as much as Steve dislikes me
> for it), no stern pinball is worth $8K.
>
> And I definitely agree with Rompen, the movie absolutely sucked!
>
> --
> Rob Anthony
> Pinball Classicshttp://LockWhenLit.com
> Quality Board Work - In Home Service314-766-4587
>
> On Mar 6, 1:42 pm, pninja005 <pninja...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Tron LE is not worth the money is in the majority here? Not from what I've read. Tron Pro was ok, but subconsciously I couldn't live with myself knowing there was a better version available.

--Rick.

vectorbeam81

Mar 8, 2012, 11:12:37 PM3/8/12

addictedtoems;1899768 Wrote:
> I'm going with the pro myself and going to invest some $$ in fiber
> optic research. Wish me luck...

Adding that will certainly improve the look of the game but keep in
mind- the LE ramps do more than simply light up with various colors as a
light show... they also change color indicating the start and conclusion
of various modes, skill shot, etc

If someone offered me $1500 and all LE features go alway, I wouldn't
take it at this point.

James H

--
vectorbeam81

Kevin L'Heureux

Mar 9, 2012, 3:03:40 AM3/9/12
Don't forget the extra blue flashers under the disc on the LE not found
on the Pro.

JeffS

Mar 9, 2012, 8:40:14 AM3/9/12

No wonder everybody wants the LE, you can never have too many flashers
:) Other than the lights, it is the extra clearcoat that appeals to me.
Stern playfields are pretty soft these days.
The dollar gap between pro and LE has been 2k from day one. It is close
to 3.5k now. That is at a point where I'd consider selling mine if I
could get a good substitue for the ramp lights.

Does anbody else think price may go down a little as a few free up when
the next good pin is released?

--
JeffS

NM

Mar 9, 2012, 10:51:02 AM3/9/12

JeffS;1901555 Wrote:

> Does anbody else think price may go down a little as a few free up when
> the next good pin is released?

My guess would be no based on:

1. The upward pricing trend.

2. The low production numbers.

Also, think of how low 400 of something really is.

Rumor is nearly half went overseas. So say there's only 200-250 in
United States, that's perhaps only about 50-75 more domestic examples
than BBBs (191 produced)--and think of how often you see those for sale.

Collectors seem to be holding on to their TRON LEs with the same kind of
passion: virtually no resales to speak of.

--
NM

Current: AFM, CFTBL, FGY, MB, NGG, SS, STTNG, TAF, ToM, TRON LE, TSPP,
TZ, WH2O, '54 Gottlieb Stage Coach.

northvibe

Mar 9, 2012, 11:16:08 AM3/9/12
I've been looking at getting a Tron pin for a month or so after seeing
the movie, Legacy. LOVED it. I have not even played the tron pin yet,
but I've talked to people that own or played them and watched
countless hours online of gameplay. I'm still wanting a LE over a
pro...no matter the price. It is a personal opinion/choice though.
Many are happy with a modded out pro. But in the end, if you are happy
with the purchase that is all that matters.

Xerico

Mar 9, 2012, 11:34:29 AM3/9/12

NM;1901627 Wrote:
> My guess would be no based on:
>
> 1. The upward pricing trend.
>
> 2. The low production numbers.
>
> Also, think of how low 400 of something really is.
>
> Rumor is nearly half went overseas. So say there's only 200-250 in
> United States, that's perhaps only about 50-75 more domestic examples
> than BBBs (191 produced)--and think of how often you see those for sale.
>

> Collectors seem to be holding on to their TRON LEs with the same kind of
> passion: virtually no resales to speak of.

Well said! I agree with you 100%.

Marcus

--
Xerico

Rare Hero

Mar 9, 2012, 12:41:17 PM3/9/12
On Mar 9, 5:40 am, JeffS <je...@jeffspinballpalace.com> wrote:
> No wonder everybody wants the LE, you can never have too many flashers
> :)  Other than the lights, it is the extra clearcoat that appeals to me.
> Stern playfields are pretty soft these days.

I'm pretty sure Tron LE did not have extra clearcoat...at least it
wasn't advertised as such. That "feature" was stripped along with the
built in shaker motor. Pretty sure LOTR LE and Avatar LE were the
last to have extra clearcoat.

Greg

JeffS

Mar 9, 2012, 3:17:03 PM3/9/12

I forgot to factor in the overseas impact. This explains the increase
in US.
Is anybody in the market for a HUO Tron LE for $8k? I know a numbrr of
people with them and might be able to shake one loose at that price.

NM;1901627 Wrote:
> My guess would be no based on:
>
> 1. The upward pricing trend.
>
> 2. The low production numbers.
>
> Also, think of how low 400 of something really is.
>
> Rumor is nearly half went overseas. So say there's only 200-250 in
> United States, that's perhaps only about 50-75 more domestic examples
> than BBBs (191 produced)--and think of how often you see those for sale.
>

> Collectors seem to be holding on to their TRON LEs with the same kind of
> passion: virtually no resales to speak of.

--
JeffS

chas010

Mar 9, 2012, 3:54:30 PM3/9/12

Hey its a wood box with a metal ball in it, id say it has to be worth
ten grand.

--
chas010

american...@hotmail.com

Mar 9, 2012, 4:14:27 PM3/9/12
On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:42:10 PM UTC-5, pninja005 wrote:
> TRON LE NIB seems to be all gone. I'm thinking of getting a TRON NIB.
> Is it worth the money? How big is the difference between both
> versions?

I think out of the box both versions are priced at 75¢ per game so no additional money needed to play. Some ops have set LE's to $1 per play though. I'll say it's worth the extra quarter per game for the light up ramp.

skooter710

Mar 9, 2012, 5:09:48 PM3/9/12

NM;1901627 Wrote:
> My guess would be no based on:
>
> 1. The upward pricing trend.
>
> 2. The low production numbers.
>
> Also, think of how low 400 of something really is.
>
> Rumor is nearly half went overseas. So say there's only 200-250 in
> United States, that's perhaps only about 50-75 more domestic examples
> than BBBs (191 produced)--and think of how often you see those for sale.
>

> Collectors seem to be holding on to their TRON LEs with the same kind of
> passion: virtually no resales to speak of.

This is the best post in this thread :-) Supply in demand for a most
excellent game. Everybody had a chance to get an LE 2 one point and this
one turned out to be a hit!

--
skooter710

Detroitboy

Mar 9, 2012, 5:18:28 PM3/9/12

JeffS;1901820 Wrote:
> I forgot to factor in the overseas impact. This explains the increase
> in US.
> Is anybody in the market for a HUO Tron LE for $8k? I know a numbrr of
> people with them and might be able to shake one loose at that price.

I don't know that $8000 would get one out of an owners hands quite yet.
Its a pretty tough game to give up once you have it. Even non pinball
people love the light show and like to play it. Its quite a
conversation piece in the basement and obviously its never going to be
worth any less than it is right now. Maybe when people start getting
tired of it or it starts getting wear on the PF they might start showing
up. It would have been nice for Stern to have put the extra coat of
clear on the playfield as they originally promised, but they changed
their mind and did'nt do it. Some people don't realize it is a
different playfield than the standard TRON too.

--
Detroitboy

There's no way I pushed that game hard enough to tilt

Av8

Apr 2, 2012, 11:29:58 AM4/2/12

Im thinking of getting Pro with shaker and flipper fidelity sub kit.

Le is nice but not that nice.

--
Av8

Frank Gigliotti

Apr 2, 2012, 11:37:04 AM4/2/12
I have this exact configuration along with the video game mod and it's
terrific.

"Av8" <davco...@msn.com> wrote in message

gexchange

Apr 2, 2012, 11:42:37 AM4/2/12

Tron Pro's have gotten pretty hot since LE's went well over 9k.. We are
getting ready to MOD two pro's for customers who have ordered them

--
gexchange

Garrett

Apr 2, 2012, 11:50:10 AM4/2/12

http://www.michiganpinball.com/pinballsforsale.html

Don't beat down his door. Parker's a good guy.

--
Garrett

Fattrain

Apr 2, 2012, 12:15:36 PM4/2/12

Now that Tron LE's have gone up in price so much, is it realistic to
expect a straight trade towards an MM ?

--
Fattrain

- - - - - - - - -
Fattrain
Sacramento, CA

Current Lineup: SM-LE, LOTR, TSPP, TRON LE, JP, JM(#1), PM

gexchange

Apr 2, 2012, 12:49:33 PM4/2/12

Garrett;1914362 Wrote:
> http://www.michiganpinball.com/pinballsforsale.html
>
> Don't beat down his door. Parker's a good guy.

Sorry.. My Price is Killing his on pro's

--
gexchange

pinballlooking

Apr 2, 2012, 12:53:36 PM4/2/12

Who is coming out with a kit for the TRON Pro ramps to light them up
like the LE.
Does anyone know what fiber optics and the size Stern used?
I know they are software controlled but the mode lights come on and
would tell you when to change the colors without ROM integration. There
seems to be a demand for this.
Is the solution to expensive?
The EL wire looks cool but I is some trying to reproduce the exact
effect?

--
pinballlooking

hugh

Apr 2, 2012, 1:01:04 PM4/2/12

Fattrain;1914373 Wrote:
> Now that Tron LE's have gone up in price so much, is it realistic to
> expect a straight trade towards an MM ?

IMHO, no way.

Hugh

--
hugh

Fattrain

Apr 2, 2012, 1:01:19 PM4/2/12

Wiring it to the mode inserts would be fairly difficult because you have
multiple mode inserts blinking / solid at once, so you would have to put
in some sort of smart switch that would identify priority e.t.c.

It could be done, but would take a lot of time/work and will never
reproduce that EXACT effect that the LE uses because of how it blinks
and strobes during missions when other switches / triggers / modes are
activated.....

Either way, I think all Tron machines need cool lighting in one way or
another

--
Fattrain

- - - - - - - - -
Fattrain
Sacramento, CA

Current Lineup: SM-LE, LOTR, TSPP, TRON LE, JP, JM(#1), PM

Frank Gigliotti

Apr 2, 2012, 1:02:10 PM4/2/12
I would be interested in this mod for the TRON PRO. I hope someone is
working on it.

"pinballlooking" <mabe...@netzero.net> wrote in message

ecurtz

Apr 2, 2012, 1:02:16 PM4/2/12
http://nuprometheus.com/pinball/tronhouse/red.jpg
http://nuprometheus.com/pinball/tronhouse/blue.jpg
http://nuprometheus.com/pinball/tronhouse/green.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy photos, I was holding everything together with the other hand.)

The materials aren't exactly cheap - what would you feel was a fair price for a mod? (Assume you'd need to attach the cables to the ramps, but the rest would be pretty simple.)

ecurtz

Apr 2, 2012, 1:23:39 PM4/2/12

This may be a double depending on whether Google Groups exploded before
or after taking my post.

"Look Bucko, I'm a TRON LE"
http://nuprometheus.com/pinball/tronhouse/red.jpg
http://nuprometheus.com/pinball/tronhouse/green.jpg
http://nuprometheus.com/pinball/tronhouse/blue.jpg

The parts aren't cheap, but if I could offset a good chunk of buying
myself a TRON I might be willing to do it. What do you think is a fair
price? Even with a kit there'd be a bit of DIY, since the cables need to
be attached to the ramps at least.

--
ecurtz

Pin Lord

Apr 2, 2012, 4:31:25 PM4/2/12
On Mar 6, 12:42 pm, pninja005 <pninja...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> TRON LE NIB seems to be all gone. I'm thinking of getting a TRON NIB.
> Is it worth the money?   How big is the difference between both
> versions?

Not worth the money for either. Tron will look like a zizzle in 6
months anyways too.