Trying to cross a transistor

pinballtom264

Dec 17, 2013, 8:00:22 PM12/17/13
Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?

GPE

Dec 17, 2013, 10:36:51 PM12/17/13
Do you have a copy of the schematics that you can put on line?

Ed

"pinballtom264" wrote in message

Ken Layton

Dec 17, 2013, 10:43:09 PM12/17/13
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:00:22 PM UTC-8, pinballtom264 wrote:
> Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?

Sounds like a Chicago Coin part number.

John Robertson

Dec 18, 2013, 12:11:06 AM12/18/13
On 12/17/2013 5:00 PM, pinballtom264 wrote:
> Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?

Might be germanium due to the age - I may have them in stock - which
game is it for?

Interesting that there was a search for the same part number back in
2003 with no apparent resolution...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

pinballtom264

Dec 18, 2013, 6:12:08 AM12/18/13
It's for a CC Home Run I don't think it's a CC part number as far as I can tell that's the number on the actuall part I"m going to pull one off the board to get a better look

pinballtom264

Dec 18, 2013, 8:31:41 AM12/18/13
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:00:22 PM UTC-5, pinballtom264 wrote:
> Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?

Ed I sent you an email with the schematics.

seymour.shabow

Dec 18, 2013, 9:13:18 AM12/18/13
Buy enough of a part and the manufacturer will put any # you want on
them. Both Willams and Bally did this, for instance.

pinnut

Dec 18, 2013, 12:58:23 PM12/18/13
i have a CC mini baseball, the card has the same transistors. one of them is a replacement, C546B . if you google that #, lots of hits for it, datasheets and suppliers.

mike

John Robertson

Dec 18, 2013, 1:52:44 PM12/18/13
On 12/17/2013 9:11 PM, John Robertson wrote:
> On 12/17/2013 5:00 PM, pinballtom264 wrote:
>> Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an
>> X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does
>> anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?
>>

> Might be germanium due to the age - I may have them in stock - which
> game is it for?
>
> Interesting that there was a search for the same part number back in
> 2003 with no apparent resolution...
>
> John :-#)#

I don't have those in my stock. However Mike found a C546B acting as a
replacement in his Mini Baseball PCB so you can try that or perhaps a
PN2222A (2N2222 in plastic).

Watch the pinout though!

pinballtom264

Dec 18, 2013, 2:01:37 PM12/18/13
Thanks guys I now have some on order I'll let you know what happens.

pinnut

Oct 26, 2014, 10:36:10 PM10/26/14
did you ever get that card working?

Thomas Walker

Nov 8, 2023, 5:10:25 PM11/8/23
The pinout of the C546B does not agree with the original CC part number X16A5332, so are the legs on the C546B twisted to match the collector, base, emitter of a X16A5332?

Thomas Walker

Nov 8, 2023, 5:15:16 PM11/8/23
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 8:00:22 PM UTC-5, pinballtom264 wrote:
> Working on a sound board for a CC baseball game and I need to cross an X16A 5332 transistor there are around 8 of these on the board does anybody have an idea of what this crosses to?

What did you come up with for the cross to a X16A5332?