New usenet viewer help

Fordiesel69

Jan 21, 2024, 8:54:48 AMJan 21
With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing? What is the best client and platform?

Idlehands

Jan 21, 2024, 12:17:03 PMJan 21
On 2024-01-21 6:54 a.m., Fordiesel69 wrote:
> With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing? What is the best client and platform?

I am a big fan of Thunderbird for my newsreader, have been for years.

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Eternal-September is my goto for a news server, it's free and the owner
has done a lot of work to filter out the spam flood from Google Groups.

https://www.eternal-september.org/

He is also working on a web interface as well.

--
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

George Bernard Shaw

Tony

Jan 26, 2024, 4:26:54 PMJan 26
Idlehands wrote:
> On 2024-01-21 6:54 a.m., Fordiesel69 wrote:
>> With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing?
>> What is the best client and platform?
>
> I am a big fan of Thunderbird for my newsreader, have been for years.
>
> https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
>
> Eternal-September is my goto for a news server, it's free and the owner
> has done a lot of work to filter out the spam flood from Google Groups.
>
> https://www.eternal-september.org/
>
> He is also working on a web interface as well.

I prefer Seamonkey to Thunderturd.

Idlehands

Jan 27, 2024, 1:37:32 AMJan 27
Each to their own, not sure why people have to slag what others are
happy with.

Kerry Imming

Jan 30, 2024, 3:27:13 PMJan 30
On 1/21/2024 7:54 AM, Fordiesel69 wrote:
> With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing? What is the best client and platform?

I haven't reviewed this lately, but information on setting up
Thunderbird is here:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Rec.games.pinball_Access_Methods

- Kerry

BobLangelius

Feb 7, 2024, 8:45:04 AMFeb 7
Idlehands wrote:
> On 2024-01-21 6:54 a.m., Fordiesel69 wrote:
>> With google pulling out in feb 22, 2024 how should i begin preparing?
>> What is the best client and platform?
>
> I am a big fan of Thunderbird for my newsreader, have been for years.
>
> https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
>
> Eternal-September is my goto for a news server, it's free and the owner
> has done a lot of work to filter out the spam flood from Google Groups.
>
> https://www.eternal-september.org/
>
> He is also working on a web interface as well.

I took the time to setup Seamonkey and eternal-September and i don't see
much of the spam anymore. It's a PIA, but it's worth the time.

Idlehands

Feb 7, 2024, 7:35:06 PMFeb 7
Nice, glad it's working for you, Google was never my go to in the first
place so I won't miss it or the spam that it brought.

BobLangelius

Feb 8, 2024, 8:22:44 AMFeb 8
Agreed. Holy SH## I can have a dialog on RGP again. LOL

John Robertson

Feb 8, 2024, 1:36:48 PMFeb 8
On 2024/02/08 5:22 a.m., BobLangelius wrote:
> Idlehands wrote:

>>> I took the time to setup Seamonkey and eternal-September (E-S) and i don't
>>> see much of the spam anymore.  It's a PIA, but it's worth the time.
>>
>> Nice, glad it's working for you, Google was never my go to in the
>> first place so I won't miss it or the spam that it brought.
>>

> Agreed.  Holy SH##  I can have a dialog on RGP again.  LOL

I'm using E-T and see NO spam at all!

Yay!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com