Buyer Beware: ADI of Texas Pinball Bad Seller

Chad Keller

Oct 9, 2006, 2:53:36 PM10/9/06
Well, I just took the 2nd worst hose job of my pinball career. The
George Riley deal was the first. I bought a populated TZ playfield
from ADI for $600 and he sent me a pic. It looked fine, missing
gumball and mini pf but I have those parts. I asked if the backside
parts were there and he said yes, of course most weren't. On top of
that 60% of the wood on the playfield is delaminating which won't show
up in a picture and of course Adi hid that one. Unlike the Riley deal
I immediately opened this when it arrived, emailed Adi asking to return
it for a refund or I would keep it for $300. His reply "I don't think
so". What great customer service. This was such a turd pf I was
willing to eat another $100 to ship it back. I guess since he is
getting out of the bus. that he can afford to treat people this way.

Thanks ADI for the excellent customer service!

BTW, stay away from all his illegal cabinet decals and reproduction
artwork. The quality stinks. Make sure you deal with him in person.
If not, you risk a very bad transaction.

seymour...@excite.com

Oct 9, 2006, 3:03:42 PM10/9/06

Chad Keller wrote:
>I guess since he is
> getting out of the bus.

He is? I thought he was just selling off the extra parts he's been
accumulating.

No info right now on the site about the TZ pf - the whole PF is
delaminating?

-scott CARGPB#29
RIP edloco CARGPB#9

JohnBuzzz

Oct 9, 2006, 3:17:52 PM10/9/06
Would have been nice to see this post about a month ago...

easternpinman

Oct 9, 2006, 3:19:07 PM10/9/06
If You really want to accuse ADI
which is known here on RGP as a stand up guy ,,,,,,,,,
You have to come up with some pictures
in those deals words are too........ poor !!

Marius
www.pinball.ro

Alex

Oct 9, 2006, 3:35:15 PM10/9/06
Chad is a stand up guy. If he says the playfield is a turd I believe
him without pictures. I think anyone who has dealt with him would
agree. I remember emailing you for months about a game and you didn't
even have the decency to reply to my emails but you come on here
posting all the time. Quit bustin' balls.

Alex

> > If not, you risk a very bad transaction.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Chad Keller

Oct 9, 2006, 3:37:29 PM10/9/06
Dude, I am sorry but I don't understand you broken English. Are you
asking for some pics or telling me I should have gotten more pics. You
may be right if you are suggesting I should have gotten more pics.
Let me guess, you two are from the same area and all Eastern Europeans
stick together? Bad news, your buddy ADI made a poor moral judgement
and hid major problems for the almighty US dollar.

metallik

Oct 9, 2006, 3:51:44 PM10/9/06

Chad Keller wrote:
> Dude, I am sorry but I don't understand you broken English. Are you
> asking for some pics or telling me I should have gotten more pics. You
> may be right if you are suggesting I should have gotten more pics.

Naw, I think he just wants you to post pics of the crappy TZ playfield
so he can decide if it's as crappy as you said. Of course, considering
that this item was sold from Adi's "crap" sale in the first place.. :)

magna vita

Oct 9, 2006, 3:54:48 PM10/9/06
metallik wrote:
> Naw, I think he just wants you to post pics of the crappy TZ playfield
> so he can decide if it's as crappy as you said.

Exactly.

Can you take a shot of the "most were gone" pf back, too?

I, for one, am curious.

easternpinman

Oct 9, 2006, 4:07:09 PM10/9/06
Alex ,
the Banzai Run pinball is still here and aproximative in the same
condition as in the pictures I have sent You in november or december
2005 ,we can still deal on this ,,,,,,,,,,I have not promised this
machine to somebody else , just have not finished yet , I have had some
time this sommer to have a touch up of the cabinet only and replaced
the ramp but some of the playfiled parts are still in a box ,,,,,,,

Dude , sorry for my " broken " english but for sure You will not
speak my languange either
About sticking toghether :
We the east europeans probably will have to be much closer than we
are now !!
Should I feel here , any racism from Your side ??

About pictures Yes both options
You have had to request more pictures and also to support Your
accusations with them
WORDS ARE NOT ENOUGH !!!

Chad Keller

Oct 9, 2006, 4:23:13 PM10/9/06
Yes, I think you defend him strictly because you come from the same
place. If that is racism so be it although that would not be racism in
my book.

Alex

Oct 9, 2006, 4:46:26 PM10/9/06
Thanks but I already got one long ago, I figured since you stopped
replying to me that you weren't interested.

Alex

easternpinman

Oct 9, 2006, 5:10:34 PM10/9/06
Is it so hard to post some pictures to support Your accusations ???
Or this 4 days old presence of You in this RGP forum is only SPAM
against ADI ?

Ron Strom

Oct 9, 2006, 5:37:48 PM10/9/06
In article <1160428234.3...@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
mst...@hotmail.com says...

> Is it so hard to post some pictures to support Your accusations ???
> Or this 4 days old presence of You in this RGP forum is only SPAM
> against ADI ?

Why do you feel the need to jump in every other post to defend Adi? Is
he not capable of defending himself? If not, does he have a reason?
--
Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)

MarcelG

Oct 9, 2006, 5:41:35 PM10/9/06

Are you his bubby ?

easternpinman

Oct 9, 2006, 6:01:48 PM10/9/06
Ron ,

I have not jumped in every other post, I was just replying to the
starter of this topic alone
now,,,,,,,,, I am jumping on you :::)))

I do not defend ADI here ,,,,,,,,,I defend the principle.........
Just is NOT FAIR to accuse ANYBODY without any proves
WORDS ARE CHEAP AND THROUWING WITH DIRT IS CHEAPER !

THAT ' S ALL !

Marius
www.pinball.ro

a...@txpinball.com

Oct 9, 2006, 6:12:15 PM10/9/06
Back from work, thanks for everybody that sent emails. I'm not stiffing
anyone out of anything, crappy playfield, 600 bucks,if he wanted more
pictures I'd have provided that, he bought it, I shipped it.

End of story for me.

There is only 1 spot of delaminating on top of rocket ship, about an inch
long, 1/4 inch wide right from the door panels, the rest of the playfield is
fine, dirty but fine.

It's not about a couple hundred dollars here at all, if I feel like it, I'd
have given all 600 back and told to keep the playfield, but now I am not
giving a fucking red cent back.

Whatever is missing from the bottom, he is more than welcome to email me, if
I have it, it's his, for free, free shipping as well on me.

99% of the people have no problems with me. 1% does, it seems, and that's
the way it goes. He hoped to score a pristine playfield for 600 bucks, a TZ
no less, since he is an opportunistic kind of a guy. Interestingly enough,
this playfield wasn't even offered on Crap sale at all, never mentioned, but
since he's wheeling and dealing, of course he spotted in in one of the
pictures, I guess, and called around 7 AM, waking up my wife. I said 600 and
it's yours, he said I'll take it, here is a picture, fine - sold.

If I said MINT TZ - 600, and sent this, yeah, fine I am an ass, beware,
sure.

I'm done here and my offer for whatever parts if I have them with free
shipping that he wants to squeeze from me still stands, if not, fine as
well.

Regards,
Adi
www.txpinball.com

a...@txpinball.com

Oct 9, 2006, 6:13:05 PM10/9/06
Your sister is my bubby. She hasn't mentioned that yet?

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"MarcelG" <drago...@comcast.net> wrote in message

garavaml

Oct 9, 2006, 6:21:46 PM10/9/06
Ummm newsflash...

Chad has been a member of this forum for over 4-5 years now....... 4 day
old e-mail address, but 4-5 years of RGP membership... AND as stand-up a
guy I've ever dealt with in this hobby!

-MIKE

"easternpinman" <mst...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

MarcelG

Oct 9, 2006, 6:23:28 PM10/9/06
a...@TXPinball.com wrote:
> Your sister is my bubby. She hasn't mentioned that yet?

i really dont think youd be her type. ;)

FLORIDA PINBALL SALVAGE

Oct 9, 2006, 6:24:14 PM10/9/06
POST THE PICTURES ALREADY.

a...@txpinball.com

Oct 9, 2006, 6:34:01 PM10/9/06
LOL, quite possible...

Later,
Adi

"MarcelG" <drago...@comcast.net> wrote in message

a...@txpinball.com

Oct 9, 2006, 6:35:36 PM10/9/06
I don't have any damn pictures to post, dude, the playfield is gone. I am a
bad seller and that's the end of it, it seems and buyers should be beware.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"FLORIDA PINBALL SALVAGE" <steve...@aol.com> wrote in message

Chad Keller

Oct 9, 2006, 6:37:55 PM10/9/06
I was not planning on taking pics but since Adi's inaccurate statements
I feel it necessary. Pics will be up tonight.

a...@txpinball.com

Oct 9, 2006, 6:40:04 PM10/9/06
Fine. Accurate/inaccurate whatever. I am done with this deal and I will not

Now you're not getting anything for the bottom either.

Whoever needs something for the bottom of TZ playfield, if I have it, it's
free when they email me.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"Chad Keller" <chadl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Josh A.

Oct 9, 2006, 6:59:59 PM10/9/06
a...@TXPinball.com wrote:

> Now you're not getting anything for the bottom either.

Up until this point, I was neutral on this dispute and waiting to see
the pics. However, when a seller says he won't even send what was
previously promised to the buyer, then the red flags go up and the
sirens start blaring. Maybe Adi's right about the condition of the
topside, but he's wrong not to send the parts missing from the bottom.
BTW, this item is still listed on Adi's "Parts for Sale" page, although
the link to the separate webpage for the playfield no longer works.

http://www.txpinball.com/parts_for_sale.html

Twilight Zone near completely populated playfield - 1 in stock - 749$
plus shipping
Manufacturer: Bally/Williams
Condition #: Twilight Zone semi-populated playfield
Details Twilight Zone semi-populated playfield with assemblies under
the playfield and on the top with coils, ramps, plastics, wiring
harness etc... lots of good, useful stuff that could be used on
Twilight Zone or any other machines

FLORIDA PINBALL SALVAGE

Oct 9, 2006, 7:15:23 PM10/9/06
I just saw the pictures. This playfield got real wet at sometime.It
even looks like some mold is growing. I do not know if there is a clock
assy. or a gumball machine on it. Many parts are cut off the underside.
In my own opinion it is worth $200.00 if you would want it at all.

robatki

Oct 9, 2006, 7:23:35 PM10/9/06
Since you a bad seller now Adi, and no one will ever do business with
you again... can i get a complete TZ for $1000?

-Rob

a...@txpinball.com

Oct 9, 2006, 7:25:08 PM10/9/06
Yeah, you're right that wasn't cool, I wrote with in haste. All 7 or 8 quick
fingered guys that emailed me wanting this and that will stay empty handed.

I'll gather what I have around and send it to him without any further
correspondence and then I truly am done here.

Later,
Adi

"Josh A." <jos...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

MarcelG

Oct 9, 2006, 7:28:25 PM10/9/06

a...@TXPinball.com wrote:
> Yeah, you're right that wasn't cool, I wrote with in haste. All 7 or 8 quick
> fingered guys that emailed me wanting this and that will stay empty handed.

ohoh... so you better do good with them 7 or 8 guys too.. ;)

marcel

bdie...@aracamerch.com

Oct 9, 2006, 8:02:54 PM10/9/06

Chad Keller wrote:
Bad news, your buddy ADI made a poor moral judgement
> and hid major problems for the almighty US dollar.

Not that it has anything to do with this post, but the US dollar ain't
worth shit. I've been in England for about two months on business
(lookin' at another 10 months, at least) and the pound stopped looking
like Monopoly money a long time ago. . .

deafdumb&blindboy

Oct 9, 2006, 8:29:50 PM10/9/06

The pound has never looked like monopoly money. Where do you think the
saying "sound as the pound" came from? The only currency that looks
like monopoly money that we deal with regularly, at least here in
SoCal, is the the peso.
So far as this post goes, I have never seen Chad's name dragged through
the dirt in the year and a half that I've been browsing this forum. But
I also haven't seen people blasting Adi as a bad seller either. But no
matter how you look at, I see Adi's response as not a very good
customer service reply. I have been on the receiving end of this type
of response with Jeff McAfee, so I how how it is, and oftentimes you
feel the only recourse is to come on the rgp and blast away. I think if
you sell people stuff here, that you should be prepared to stand behind
what you ship, and if the customer is dissatisfied, unless that person
is totally unreasonable, you should be prepared to do what it takes to
make them happy. If it is only 1% of the people, then there is no
excuse not to, because look at how little of a percentage of overall
business that is. The sellers who do accomodate that 1% and do so
cheerfully are the kinds you read about in the Great seller posts. And
in this cottage industry, where the selling of used parts is
commonplace, reputation is everything. I have never bought from Adi
before, but now I find myself leery of doing so because of his
response. Sorry, but that's how it goes, whether he is right or wrong,
so Chad's post likely had the desired effect.
John

Chris

Oct 9, 2006, 8:32:03 PM10/9/06
Yeah, George Riley - what a joke, screwed me on a Gott sound board. Glad
he's disappeared....a real undesireable. Can't comment on Adi.

Chris

"Chad Keller" <chadl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ron Strom

Oct 9, 2006, 8:34:49 PM10/9/06
LOL! And to thnk someone was defending you as a "standup guy".

I think not.

--
Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)

In article <8dAWg.21237$Ij.1...@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
a...@txpinball.com says...

Chad Keller

Oct 9, 2006, 8:47:14 PM10/9/06
Adi, Why won't you either let me return the playfield at my expense or
give me a $300 refund as I previously asked? You have been in the bus.
long enough to know that $300 for that playfield is still a great deal
for you and a bad deal for me. When you completely dismissed my email
and responded with "I don't think so" you gave me no alternative but
to post about my experience. I am sorry it made it to the group but I
didn't feel there was another option.

jojo

Oct 9, 2006, 8:55:50 PM10/9/06
Just wanted to say that I have bought multiple games over the past 2
years from Chad, many I had never seen. All of the games were exactly
as described (if anything, they were understated and nicer then he
described. And he is more than fair on price). Chad is one of the
finest guys in this hobby or in any other business for that matter. If
he says something...you can take it to the bank that it's true.
Russ

Chad Keller

Oct 9, 2006, 9:09:11 PM10/9/06

MarcelG

Oct 9, 2006, 9:12:15 PM10/9/06
Chad Keller wrote:
> http://kellerpinball.com/gallery/adi/index.html

omg, it is really that bad....

pinballjim

Oct 9, 2006, 9:12:51 PM10/9/06
Wow.... just, wow.

Can I have the wood after you strip the parts off?

JohnBuzzz

Oct 9, 2006, 9:28:00 PM10/9/06
I think the door on playfield may actually open...

Chad Keller

Oct 9, 2006, 9:29:08 PM10/9/06
Yes, it is that bad. I would never dream of sending this to someone
without telling them about the delamination. I did wipe off the area
so you could see it in the pics.

Alex

Oct 9, 2006, 9:39:08 PM10/9/06
Wow you're an ass.

On Oct 9, 6:40 pm, "a...@TXPinball.com" <a...@txpinball.com> wrote:
> Fine. Accurate/inaccurate whatever. I am done with this deal and I will not
>
> Now you're not getting anything for the bottom either.
>
> Whoever needs something for the bottom of TZ playfield, if I have it, it's
> free when they email me.
>
> Adiwww.txpinball.com
>

> "Chad Keller" <chadly2...@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:1160433474.9...@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> > > POST THE PICTURES ALREADY.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

gpc...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2006, 9:49:01 PM10/9/06
i thought adi was one of the good guys .... that playfield is trash ..

gary.arizona.

MikeM.

Oct 9, 2006, 9:52:15 PM10/9/06
It should be real easy for you to find the missing parts.

Just look in the box that says:

" $300 worth of parts ALREADY PAID FOR BUT NEVER SHIPPED "

Hope this helps,
-Mike

gpc...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2006, 9:53:10 PM10/9/06
how about the guy on the group the other day that tried to compare adi
to ch .... what a joke

Del

Oct 9, 2006, 9:54:15 PM10/9/06
I dont agree with much you say Gary,, But its not even Fit to Burn .

tktlwyr

Oct 9, 2006, 9:56:48 PM10/9/06
I'm a lurker and after seeing those pics even I had to say something...

$600 for that pile a shit...good thing you're getting out of the
business because i don't think you're going to sell much to anyone who
has seen those pictures.

A fucking disgrace!

Thanks for sharing Chad!

David

gpc...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2006, 10:01:33 PM10/9/06
adi is a cancer in the hobby ... sad

this is why we buy from ch

no surprises

Rob G

Oct 9, 2006, 10:07:00 PM10/9/06
I don't see how anyone in good concious could sell that for $600. Moldy,
water damaged
and rusted stuff like that should be thrown in the garbage instead. I
wouldn't even want to touch
that with a 10 foot pole.

Rob

"Chad Keller" <chadl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

metallik

Oct 9, 2006, 10:10:15 PM10/9/06
gpct...@yahoo.com wrote:
> adi is a cancer in the hobby ... sad

The perfect definition of irony, right there.

gary, adi could have shipped Chad a box of sawdust and he'd still be
ten times the man you are. Go crawl back in your rathole and stop
fanning the flames. We know that's all you're good at, horror the
thought you actually play your games and try getting better at
pinball... :p

> this is why we buy from ch

Hey "ch" .. how do you like getting dragged into every "bad deal"
thread on rgp?

> no surprises

>From you, there never is. Weren;t you supposed to be gone again? More
lies...

4way

Oct 9, 2006, 10:12:48 PM10/9/06

Lets all play the game where we can see who can think of the most evil
way to slam somebody. To say that there is a person who is, "a cancer
in the hobby" is taking things to the next level. Cancer is the term
used to describe an action that kills without any hope of recovery. To
say that Adi is doing this to the hobby is a clear, compulsive case of
jumping onto a rolling wave of hate.

deafdumb&blindboy

Oct 9, 2006, 10:20:56 PM10/9/06

So Marius, there are the pictures you requested. PICTURES!, he says.
Those pictures are worth more than a thousand words each. Sorry,
Marius, shouldn't have gotten yourself involved in that one. Your
credibility just went the way of Adi's. Right out the M.F'ing window.
Disgraceful, I tell you. But Chad, the fact that he sent you some
pictures of that and you still agreed to pay $600 for it doesn't say
much for your judgement either. I mean, one of those pictures, and you
say you even cleaned it some before taking them, and I would have
turned and ran. The only thing that might have made it worse would have
been some bullet holes in the thing. But it's questionable whether it's
worth spray painting a target on that and shooting at it - would be a
waste of bullets.
J.

metallik

Oct 9, 2006, 10:23:51 PM10/9/06
In Adi's defense, that description basically matches that of a parts
Dracula playfield I bought from Kirk Weaver for $50 a couple years ago.
Semi populated playfield with lots of good parts on the top and
bottom (the really good game-specific stuff was long gone, and the
playfield itself was no good due to grain cracking all over the top).
Anytime you read something like "lots of good, useful stuff that could
be used on Twilight Zone or any other machines" you *have* to assume
the board is trashed and you're just buying parts.

On the other hand, if you're offering to ship it back at your expense,
Adi oughta refund your money. No reason not to. Next time though, get
more/better pics and watch those descriptions.

Josh A. wrote:

> Twilight Zone near completely populated playfield - 1 in stock - 749$
> plus shipping
> Manufacturer: Bally/Williams
> Condition #: Twilight Zone semi-populated playfield
> Details Twilight Zone semi-populated playfield with assemblies under
> the playfield and on the top with coils, ramps, plastics, wiring
> harness etc... lots of good, useful stuff that could be used on

metallik

Oct 9, 2006, 10:30:11 PM10/9/06

You just described gary's singular skill :p

cpiel

Oct 9, 2006, 10:32:32 PM10/9/06
Sheesh Adi, I hope the $600 was worth whatever was left of your rep
here : (

rwi...@advantexmail.net

Oct 9, 2006, 10:43:59 PM10/9/06
I see ONE picture of the playfield. Granted it looks pretty bad but
what about the rest of the playfield? I see some other pictures of the
dirty sides but we all know that can be fixed with some simple green
and a sander.The rest looks filthy but cleanable. Lots of parts there
but I can't tell since there are only 9 pictures and most of them are
duplicates. Some parts missing on the back side what's on the front?

Rich Wiski

TheKorn

Oct 9, 2006, 11:19:43 PM10/9/06
"deafdumb&blindboy" <ildu...@earthlink.net> wrote in

> So Marius, there are the pictures you requested. PICTURES!, he says.
> Those pictures are worth more than a thousand words each. Sorry,
> Marius, shouldn't have gotten yourself involved in that one. Your
> credibility just went the way of Adi's. Right out the M.F'ing window.

Welll, hang on there. All I saw was Marius asking for pictures. No harm
(or credibility loss) in that.

> But Chad, the fact that he sent you some
> pictures of that and you still agreed to pay $600 for it doesn't say
> much for your judgement either. I mean, one of those pictures, and you
> say you even cleaned it some before taking them, and I would have
> turned and ran.

Kick a guy while he's down, why don't you!

At some point, we all wind up making a deal we've regretted. Sometimes
it's through trusting the other person's definitions too much, sometimes
it's just being in too much of a damn hurry to do the proper legwork,
whatever. IMHO, I think Chad is owing up to not doing the proper amount
of legwork by not asking for ALL of his money back. In my mind he's
saying, "OK, maybe I didn't do *everything* I could have, so I'll take a
lump." That gets him something in my book, anyway.

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Fred Kemper

Oct 9, 2006, 11:20:27 PM10/9/06
I totally agree, that's a very overpriced piece
of junk. Might make a decent wall hanging.

Maybe you can get a refund, but he said he wasn't
going to reply to this thread any longer.

Oh, but then I'm "petty", so my view probably doesn't
really mean much...

Good luck.
--
Fred
TX

TheKorn

Oct 9, 2006, 11:22:05 PM10/9/06
rwi...@advantexmail.net wrote in news:1160448239.598232.283090
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

>> http://tinyurl.com/zlpal
>>
> I see ONE picture of the playfield. Granted it looks pretty bad but
> what about the rest of the playfield? I see some other pictures of the
> dirty sides but we all know that can be fixed with some simple green
> and a sander.The rest looks filthy but cleanable. Lots of parts there
> but I can't tell since there are only 9 pictures and most of them are
> duplicates. Some parts missing on the back side what's on the front?

Does it really matter? With both the left and the right sides above the
flippers severely water damaged, the whole field would have to be sanded
and then repainted for it to ever look right. Any partial touch ups
would just make it look worse than it already is.

tomservo.mst3k

Oct 9, 2006, 11:31:16 PM10/9/06
Yeah, well Marius doesn't have much credibility to start with. He
doesn't honor his word, either.

I'm not going to get into all the details, would take to long to type
it all out, but the thing I am most grateful for is that I didn't
actually lose any money on my "deal" with Marius. Let's just say that
if he is the type of person that sells stuff to other people that he
had promised to you and after we had settled on a price, then that says
everything about his character. To see him defending this other con
doesn't surprise me at all. Steer clear of this Marius guy, definitely
not a man of his word.

On Oct 9, 10:20 pm, "deafdumb&blindboy" <ilduc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Chad Keller wrote:
> >http://kellerpinball.com/gallery/adi/index.html
>
> > or
>

> >http://tinyurl.com/zlpalSo Marius, there are the pictures you requested. PICTURES!, he says.

metallik

Oct 9, 2006, 11:36:06 PM10/9/06

gpc...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2006, 11:51:28 PM10/9/06
metallik, on this one, you are all wet

sorry ....

BWAGNER5150

Oct 9, 2006, 11:57:53 PM10/9/06
<adi is a cancer in the hobby ... sad>

I'm not taking sides, but I think it's DAMN funny when the biggest wart
on the ass of pinball calls anyone a "cancer."

WHACK! Back in your hole, Gary. It was so nice without you. Stupid
troll.

Christopher Hutchins

Oct 9, 2006, 11:46:50 PM10/9/06
> Hey "ch" .. how do you like getting dragged into every "bad deal"
> thread on rgp?

I don't recall being dragged into every bad deal on RGP.If you are talking
about being used as an example of someone that doesn't screw people then I
have to say thanks.Just because you don't like Gary doesn't mean it has to
reflect on me.Do you ask Smith and Wesson how they like people using their
guns in bank robberies or murders?Do you think that is what they made their
products for?Are they put on trial with the accused criminals?I don't think
his post are to be taken that seriously but since you do it is a fine
analogy.
Let me pitch the scenario for you that most here seem to understand and
respect.
I run a business.That business like most others requires paying
customers.Gary is one such paying customer.I restore his games he pays me
quite promptly and we move on.It is not a crime.It is life and how a
business has to operate to survive.
It is not my job to hold his hand ,tell him what he can or can't post on
his computer across the country or clean up behind his every post.I do not
have to account for Gary's actions or anyone else's just my own so why even
ask?
Gary has in essence put food on my table,paid my house payment,put clothes
on my kids back and had enthusiasm for what I do.What do you propose I do
about that part of it?Post about how great it is?How much I appriceate it.If
I did wouldn't that bother you too.So how do I handle it?Where do I come in
that helps "everyone" here out without hurting myself one way or the other?
Seriously give me a break and stop trying to make your disdain of Gary my
problem.It's not.For *me* the good outweighs the bad and I shouldn't have to
apologize for explain or it.
I worked hard to earn a good rep,I do good work and I am certainly not
bothering anyone nor have I.Doesn't seem to count for much here but that's
fine.
For the sake of staying on topic...
I am sorry these two guys had a bad deal and even more sorry that it
made it this far.The playfield is pretty much worthless hopefully Adi will
have a change of heart and make it right.
--
Christopher Hutchins
www.highendpins.com
"metallik" <lsc...@dlptech.com> wrote in message

BWAGNER5150

Oct 10, 2006, 12:02:01 AM10/10/06
<You just described gary's singular skill>

Well said. Hopefully he'll return to hole soon enough.

gpc...@yahoo.com

Oct 10, 2006, 12:09:24 AM10/10/06
super logic once again from ch

why does mark spitz not like me

i'm not the one that sold that trashed playfield

Ron Strom

Oct 10, 2006, 12:12:13 AM10/10/06
What a pile of shit! $600.00?|?|?|? That ain't worth 200.00 or even
the cost to ship it.

Adi - absolutely no conscience or sense of propriety!
--
Ron -- (CARGPB7 -- Change hot o ice to email)

In article <1160442551....@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
chadl...@yahoo.com says...

BWAGNER5150

Oct 10, 2006, 12:39:16 AM10/10/06
Huh??

deafdumb&blindboy

Oct 10, 2006, 12:56:25 AM10/10/06

TheKorn wrote:
> "deafdumb&blindboy" <ildu...@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
> > So Marius, there are the pictures you requested. PICTURES!, he says.
> > Those pictures are worth more than a thousand words each. Sorry,
> > Marius, shouldn't have gotten yourself involved in that one. Your
> > credibility just went the way of Adi's. Right out the M.F'ing window.
>
> Welll, hang on there. All I saw was Marius asking for pictures. No harm
> (or credibility loss) in that.
>
> > But Chad, the fact that he sent you some
> > pictures of that and you still agreed to pay $600 for it doesn't say
> > much for your judgement either. I mean, one of those pictures, and you
> > say you even cleaned it some before taking them, and I would have
> > turned and ran.
>
> Kick a guy while he's down, why don't you!

I've bought from Marius, and it was an OK deal, not the best, but OK.
I'm just saying he went out on a limb to defend Adi w/o seeing what the
deal was. You're right about credibility, but he was unreasonably
abrasive in his defense, which turned from a rant on principles to a
rant on racism. I still think he's a good guy, but I'm not willing to
pay the shipping charges on any of his stuff.

And yeah, I guess it was a kick, but he HAD seen pictures, right? What
would you have done? (Ask yourself, WWKD?) I'm saying that any
revealing pictures, unlike the ones he posted, would have told enough
of a story to say no to the deal. That's all, not meant to be
offensive, just a statement of fact. The bottom line is, it's too bad a
deal went bad, but it's worse when the seller is not willing to do
what's right in the interest of customer service.

Oh, and regarding those pictures, it's pretty clear that the plywood is
delaminating, and therefore the pictures of the edges that some were
complaining about. They weren't the best at telling the whole story
though, and that always makes me wonder. Perhaps there was a lot more
to be seen than what they showed, but if they are meant to show
delamination, they did show that.
J.

easternpinman

Oct 10, 2006, 6:22:22 AM10/10/06
John

Is a matter of timming here:
pictures have been posted after 7 hours the thread was started .

If someone will accuse You and anybody else I know here without some
proves support, I will defend him ,,,,,despite the reputation of the "
prosecutor " as any reasonable doubt on this planet !
this was my involvement here

Marius
www.pinball.ro

kirb

Oct 10, 2006, 7:05:21 AM10/10/06

Christopher Hutchins wrote:
> Seriously give me a break and stop trying to make your disdain of Gary my
> problem.It's not.For *me* the good outweighs the bad and I shouldn't have to
> apologize for explain or it.

You don't have to do either. That's the problem.

Maybe your friend will see that someday, but history says otherwise.

Kirb

Mamushka

Oct 10, 2006, 7:39:42 AM10/10/06
Christopher Hutchins wrote:

"Just because you don't like Gary doesn't mean it has to
reflect on me.Do you ask Smith and Wesson how they like people using
their
guns in bank robberies or murders?Do you think that is what they made
their
products for?Are they put on trial with the accused criminals?"

Now this is funny. Obviously in this example CH is S&W and Gary is the
dirtbag murderer. It amazes me how "professionals" that make there
livelihood selling stuff to us pinball people will jump into these
petty squabblings. Yes, you were dragged into this but do you think
responding to this helped you in anyway? I could be a potential
customer but I just read: Yes, Gary is a douche-bag but he pays me so I
deal with him. Nice, makes me want to send you money if you treat
customers like that. I can not think of one instance where a
supplier/service provider jumped into a flamefest and it helped there
credibility. I guess it really doesn't matter though, even though you
slam Gary in a round-about way he comes right back and jams his nose in
your rear, and that makes me laugh :)

Mamushka

Orlando Ortiz

Oct 10, 2006, 8:08:46 AM10/10/06
Let's just get the undeniable facts straight.
Please remember these are FACTS, I'm not taking sides or approving the
acts of either party:

1) Chad saw a playfield in a picture, called about it.
2) Chad got one picture, in which the playfield looked OK
3) Chad agreed with the $600 price, since the playfield LOOKED OK on
the picture
4) Adi and Chad seal the deal, Chad pays, Adi ships
5) Chad gets a CRAP playfield, water damaged, moldy, rusted parts,
badly cut/damaged wiring, essentially fubar'd. It's not even good for
wall hanging. This was ommitted from the PFs description.
6) Chad e-mails Adi, who says "too bad"
7) Chad gets pissed off, posts on the group. Flame war ensues. Funny
english guy goes pissy too.
8) Adi changes his mind a couple of times about whether the deal was
right or not, and whether he would change the extra spare parts or not
9) Holocaust

So basically, we're all discussing if both guys are right or wrong and
making a huge deal about it. Just stick to the facts, those are
undeniably true. Being 100% honest, IN MY BOOK, means letting the buyer
know of any problems with the product. Make everything as clear as
possible, sometimes even understated, so you won't have any problems.
Send more pictures, even if not requested.

Now my OPINION (which is not right or wrong, true or false):

Chad got shafted in the poop chute bigtime in this deal.

- Orlando

Jeff Beyer

Oct 10, 2006, 8:23:22 AM10/10/06

OK guys,

Enough is enough. This was simply a deal gone bad. We've heard the
arguments, seen the pics, and heard lots of opinions.

This will not be resolved on the newsgroup. Hopefully the two parties
will take a day or two to cool off and then come to some sort of
resolution (privately).

Time to give it a rest..

-J

Del

Oct 10, 2006, 8:29:45 AM10/10/06
I think you need to Re-read Chris's Post, He Runs a Business & Gary
happens to spend money there, i.e., Bills get paid, Food on the Table &
Alls well.
Chris shouldnt have to come here every day to defend him-self or his
work & "Someone" should know better by now about dragging his name into
crap like this & As much as I Like Adi, That PF is still junk & theres
no 2 ways about it & I didnt need Gary to point that out for me,
There are Folks here who can sell Parts sight un-seen & no problems, I
know people here
that I can buy games from Sight un-seen & they can ship them from
Germany or Japan &
still no problems, I dont know what questions Chad asked about that PF
& Really, For $ 600.00 I would have expected at least a use-able PF no
matter if I was in this hobby for the money or Not.
If you "Had Thought" about sending Chris a Game & Now wouldnt because
of a certain
person, Then chances are you didnt really want/ need his services to
begin with, But no worries there as I'd be more than happy to take your
place in line.

Pin-Del
CARGPB28

Mamushka wrote:

> Now this is funny. Obviously in this example CH is S&W and Gary is the
> dirtbag murderer. It amazes me how "professionals" that make there
> livelihood selling stuff to us pinball people will jump into these
> petty squabblings.

> Mamushka

Christopher Hutchins

Oct 10, 2006, 8:36:30 AM10/10/06
You can take it anyway you would like but basically what I am saying is
that I provide a service of pinball restoration not RGP monitoring.It isn't
a slam to anyone.What amazes me is how "professionals" are dragged into
these petty threads to start with and for the record I *am* a pinball
person.
The only reason people should "send me their money" is because they know I
will do a nice job restoring their game.This is pinball not politics.Kissing
ass or arguing doesn't make peoples games any nicer or pay the bills.You can
read about how our customers are treated right here it is much more telling
than the inaccurate spin you are trying to put on my post.
http://tinyurl.com/cbjn5

"Mamushka" <jvca...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

metallik

Oct 10, 2006, 8:42:39 AM10/10/06
> reflect on me.Do you ask Smith and Wesson how they like people using their
> guns in bank robberies or murders?Do you think that is what they made their
> products for?Are they put on trial with the accused criminals?I don't think

That's a pretty funny analogy.. I can see the headlines now: "Man
killed by fully restored pinball machine dropped from 2nd floor window.
Film at 11" :)

> on my kids back and had enthusiasm for what I do.What do you propose I do
> about that part of it?Post about how great it is?How much I appriceate it.If
> I did wouldn't that bother you too.So how do I handle it?Where do I come in
> that helps "everyone" here out without hurting myself one way or the other?

Just ask gary to stopp tossing your name around. Or not, I really
don't care. I just find it humorous that he insists on dropping your
name each and every chance he gets. What did this thread have to do
with you or pinball restoration? But, just as he has a right to do
that, we have the right to respond to it. Funny you ignore the times he
slathers praise on you in completely unrelated threads, but a one-line
response to such elicits a lengthy rebuttal.

> Seriously give me a break and stop trying to make your disdain of Gary my
> problem.It's not.For *me* the good outweighs the bad and I shouldn't have to

How did I make it your problem? If you don't want your name dragged
into non-related topics, ask gary to stop it. Or else deal with the
association. I don't blame you for selling to him, his money is as
green as anyone's. I just find the relationship amusing. Why am I not
allowed to respond as such?

rwi...@advantexmail.net

Oct 10, 2006, 8:53:31 AM10/10/06

TheKorn wrote:

> Does it really matter? With both the left and the right sides above the
> flippers severely water damaged, the whole field would have to be sanded
> and then repainted for it to ever look right. Any partial touch ups
> would just make it look worse than it already is.

I think it does. I see one picture showing the left side above the
flippers. Where do you see both? If this is the only area that's
damaged then this may not be a total loss. It can be fixed. Just trying
to put a positive spin on this.

Rich Wiski

Mamushka

Oct 10, 2006, 8:57:01 AM10/10/06
Del wrote:
"I think you need to Re-read Chris's Post"

If his S&W analogy was not about him and Gary what was it about?

> Chris shouldn't have to come here every day to defend him-self or his
> work

I agree, my point is that he is not one of the general shmucks
(including me) that post here. He makes his living of some of the
people that read this group and now he got goaded into slamming one of
his customers in a public forum.

> For $ 600.00 I would have expected at least a use-able PF

Agree, I would never buy anything from Adi because of this low-life
transaction.

> If you "Had Thought" about sending Chris a Game & Now wouldn't because
> of a certain person, Then chances are you didn't really want/ need his services to
> begin with.

I never stated I would never use his services; please do not place
words into my mouth. I also think you missed my point. I think that it
is either a lack of judgment or character to drag one of your repeat
customers through the mud in a public forum when you could have just
ignored the whole thing. Would I spend money with CH? Possibly, but
getting involved with the flame fest like he did makes him look less
professional.

Mamushka

Christopher Hutchins

Oct 10, 2006, 9:00:49 AM10/10/06
Last time I checked you ask me a question and I answered it for the second
time.This time as completely as possible to hopefully put it to rest.
It bothers you more than me I guess is another way to look at it.I am not
upset with you,Gary or anyone else just stating the obvious that we are all
our own men and in control of our own fingers here.

Mamushka

Oct 10, 2006, 9:10:09 AM10/10/06

"Just because you don't like Gary doesn't mean it has to reflect on
me.Do you ask Smith and Wesson how they like people using their guns in
bank robberies or murders?Do you think that is what they made their
products for?Are they put on trial with the accused criminals?"

"You can read about how our customers are treated right here it is

much more telling
than the inaccurate spin you are trying to put on my post."

I am not trying to spin your post at all. It is possible that I
misunderstood what your point was. However, when I read your above
quote I see you presenting an analogy of *You and Gary* to *S&W and
thieves and murderers* in a public forum. That is what I find
unprofessional, not that you deal with Gary. If I missed the point of
your analogy I apologize, however at this time it still looks like a
slam on one of your loyal customers. No *spin* on my part at all.

Mamushka

Christopher Hutchins

Oct 10, 2006, 9:25:54 AM10/10/06
Mamushka please read below and paste the last sentence below if you are not
trying to purposely put a negative spin on my post.

Do you ask Smith and Wesson how they like people using their
guns in bank robberies or murders?Do you think that is what they made their

products for?Are they put on trial with the accused criminals?I don't think
his post are to be taken that seriously but since you do it is a fine
analogy.

As I stated *I* do not think they are to be taken that seriously but others
seem to.
When I restore games I imagine someone enjoying them not using them to bash
or taunt others with.That happens on both sides here.They taunt Gary for
collecting "museum pieces"so he taunts back with how great they are.I get
caught in the middle,it's unfair and it grows old.
Sorry if my people skills and post are not up to your standards but I
should not need a PR spokesman in order to be able to participate here on
RGP or run a small simple business. I am doing the best I can.

Mamushka

Oct 10, 2006, 10:02:57 AM10/10/06

Chris, now this is classic, you bag on me for trying to "spin" your
words and you delete the reference to Gary in your rebuttal. Here let
me add it back along with the last sentence that I cropped:

"Just because you don't like Gary doesn't mean it has to reflect on
me.Do you ask Smith and Wesson how they like people using their guns in
bank robberies or murders?Do you think that is what they made their

products for?Are they put on trial with the accused criminals?I don't
think his post are to be taken that seriously but since you do it is a
fine
analogy."

Are you happy with the quote now? Or am I still spinning it? Now
let's look at the analogy. I read it as you consider your self as the
"good guy" and you look at Gary as the "irresponsible idiot"
running around causing mayhem. If I am wrong here please explain what
this analogy pertains to because, apparently I don't get it.

Mamushka

Christopher Hutchins

Oct 10, 2006, 10:37:21 AM10/10/06
I am not bagging on anyone,I was fine with it when I posted it.It is a
reference to how many people feel about Gary not myself personally.It was
clearly spelled out that I appreciate his business and I don't see that
being quoted either.So no you don't get it but I can live with that and it
is not a requirement of mine.I should be spending my time restoring games
for paying customers not arguing with a "potential" one..

Christopher Hutchins
www.highendpins.com

"Mamushka" <jvca...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

gpc...@yahoo.com

Oct 10, 2006, 10:43:06 AM10/10/06
chris treats me just fine

there always seems to be just a twinge of jealousy in the air when it
comes to the king of restored games

as far as the other stuff goes, i wasn't the one getting tackled on
dateline nbc or doing the pool thing

by the way, you will now be seeing my ads on mr. pinball again

now let teamch get back to work

gpc

Kansas Pinball

Oct 10, 2006, 11:54:43 AM10/10/06

Wow, this has to be a classic trolling post.

Lessee, you mention how others are jealous in hopes of getting someone
mad enuff to post a response.

Next, you post a funny little "teamch" in the message. Classic attempt
to show people you want to be part of a group yet no one will
invite/nominate you to be in one. Therefore, you try to create one
yourself.

Gary, Chris is going to do his job whether you prance around singing
praise about him or not. Your money is simply that, money. Eventually,
you will run out of pins for him to work on and you will fall by the
wayside, forgotten. Who will you latch onto then?

I just don't understand why you need to come in here and post the above
obvious attempts at stirring shit. You intentionally take pot-shots at
Metallik, you intentionally put twists in your messages to get people
angry etc. Is that what people do when they don't have a job and become
bored out of their skull?

I don't mind reading your posts if there is a reasonable point to your
post. But this one is so far out there that I had to say something.

Doug

Max Badazz

Oct 10, 2006, 1:39:45 PM10/10/06
Not to change the subject, but that is a really nice game room you have
(especially the wall of fish).

Chris (in NH)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/maxbadazz
WTB locally: DH, GI, SMB, GnR, or T0mmy

Chad Keller wrote:
> http://kellerpinball.com/gallery/adi/index.html

playfi...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2006, 10:02:35 AM10/11/06
Yeah the fish tank also caught my eye, it looks great. Nice games room
and some very nice titles there.

Jim

Oct 11, 2006, 7:59:41 PM10/11/06
It's good this, keep it going.

Wayne is no longer public enemy number 1 after some bloke made one bad
decision.

I say it's time to start burning something.

Any offers?

Sig

Oct 12, 2006, 4:57:59 PM10/12/06

I'm still pretty new to this board, so I know none of you and will not
participate in the argument. The good thing I got out of all of this
is that I may have found a local shop. Chris, I visited your site and
noticed you're located in Charlotte. I live in Hickory and just bought
my first pin, so I may need your help soon.

Carry on.

a...@txpinball.com

Oct 13, 2006, 2:05:28 PM10/13/06
I am very pleased to announce that earlier this week - Tuesday morning
to be exact, just a
morning after I got bashed as a bad seller, Chad and I have resolved
all our issues to a
complete satisfaction of all.

Since numerous emails people have sent to me trying to intervene have
stated "The last thing
he cares about is money, he has plenty of it"... Chad and I decided to
put our differences
behind us and to contribute something to the community:

Chad said: Heck, I can always make more money, like he once said to a
customer of his. But I
don't care about money at all he said, and I agreed - it's all for the
love of pinball.
He also said that he loved Eastern Europeans and he is goign to shortly
visit Romania and
have a month long vacation there studying foreign languages and
cultures...

So, in conclusion, all 600$ that he paid, have been given by me as a
donation a long time ago (well, a day after the group post, really) and
Chad was absolutely ecstatic about it. A few tears rolled down a nice
man's cheek when I looked at him and all was fine, we restored the
peace in this great Kindgom... I don't have a playfield anymore, I
don't have his money and all is swell and well.

As it goes, 300$ have been sent to Pinball Hall of Fame as a donation
as seen here: http://www.txpinball.com/images/1remove/

and the remainder, another 300$ has been sent to IPDB.org as a donation
as well, as seen

in the same place: http://www.txpinball.com/images/1remove/

On top of that, I have given more boards and parts for free to people
that needed them int he meantime. Hell, a WPC boardset that I traded
with a guy has never even made it back to me and is essentialy lost in
translation. But, who cares about that. WPC set- WPC schmet, let's just
have a Monster Bash of people at the newsgroup. I will give away more
boards like original fully working TZ clock boards and Rottendog TZ
clock boards since I bought 10 of them 2 years ago and I still have
them. They will all be given away in short time span of a few months.
And I will always remember it, like a hologram of past Jedi Masters
hovering in the clouds - Use the force, this is not a shrewd weasel
you're looking for"...

In fact, Chad was so moved with these gestures, since money is
meaningless, he is not a
nickel and dimer, or a shark circling for meat for hard to find parts
that he can negotiate
the price on, but he cares deeply and profoundly about giving back,
that he agreed to match
my 600$ donation.

He will match my donation with another 600$ of his own money, sort of
like "Chadly 401K
matching plan", too. That made me extremely happy, what a guy. His
statement announcing his
own donation should follow shortly afterwards.

That's it, I am done, as soon as I reply to others that I need to reply
to.

For Google's eternity, as this post will be saved forever: If anyone
sees me posting again
to this fine, fine newsgroup of upstanding, great human beings sharing
their deep love and
respect for pinball and each others, I will give him a free pinball
machine or I wil give a
"robatki" guy a free Twilight Zone machine.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

Ceegary

Oct 13, 2006, 9:08:14 PM10/13/06
Great resolution and gesture, but stay on the board.

GRY

<a...@txpinball.com> wrote in message

Chad Keller

Oct 14, 2006, 5:57:49 PM10/14/06
Unfortunately, this was not discussed with me. Adi sent me a personal
email threatening to expose me as a theif, nickel dimer, etc. In this
email he said he was doing this. There was no discussion. I responded
by saying if he did this I would undress him on the internet. There
was no agreement. He is lying again. I still stick to my original
request. I want to send the playfield back for a refund. Just another
class move by Adi. It looks like he brought those excellent business
ethics to the states with him.

Fred Kemper

Oct 14, 2006, 11:07:04 PM10/14/06
Sorry to read this. Keep in mind that this is not representative
of most of the pin collectors in Texas.

We have two or three bad apples, but all in all, a bunch of real
great guys in these parts. :)

--
Fred
TX

miracleman

Oct 15, 2006, 12:16:10 AM10/15/06
Wow, that's a pretty low move. Guess Google WILL show the truth after
all!

playfi...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2006, 1:09:20 AM10/15/06
What an absolute joke, whats ADI sniffing ?