Can one be swapped for the other? Which one is more powerful?
* FL-11753: used for small flippers, like the "Thing" flipper on
Addam's Family. 9.8 ohms/165 ohms. Usually a yellow coil wrapper.
* FL-11722: used for weak flippers, like Twilight Zone's upper
right flipper. 6.2 ohms/160 ohms. Usually a green coil wrapper.
* FL-11630: "standard" flipper strength, as used on older games
like Earthshaker, Whirlwind, etc. 4.7 ohms/160 ohms. Usually a red
* FL-15411 : strong flipper, as used for main flippers on Addam's
Family, Twilight Zone, etc. 4.2 ohms/145 ohms. Usually an orange coil
* FL-11629: strongest Williams flipper. Used on most of the newest
WPC games. 4.0 ohms/132 ohms. Usually a blue coil wrapper.
Can they be swapped? It depends. I have seen a BSD with
11629's(strongest coil) that had all kinds of broken plastics and
targets. I don't recomend going up in strength. In the case of my RFM,
once I cleaned my playfield and rebuilt the flippers, I found the
11629 to be too strong, so I went down to 15411's, which I still think
is too strong.
It is usually safe to go down in strength, but going up is asking for