Great Seller / Guy: Michael Pupo of Flipper Fidelity

DugFreez

May 29, 2010, 5:29:35 AM5/29/10
I need to post about the "beyond the call of duty" super support
that Michael Pupo of Flipper Fidelity has given me with the sub
upgrade kit I bought for my Spider-Man.

I e-mailed Michael about the kit but expressed concern about
getting the subs volume control mounted in my Black Spider-Man since I
had a cointaker LED backbox light board in it. He said he would make
me a longer wired volume control so I could mount it higher in the
backbox above the light board.

We arranged payment through PayPal and the sub kit arrived quickly.
I installed the kit and had some problems that were described in a
thread here:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/3bb715975b4aee29#

I called Michael and left a message (it was almost midnight) and
then posted the above thread on RGP. Michael called me back first
thing the next morning. He said he didn't think that I could have done
anything wrong with the install and he suspected something in the kit
may have shorted and messed with the boards. He asked me if I would
want to send the boards to him, along with the sub kit so everything
could be inspected and repaired. He paid for all of the return
shipping and said he would keep me updated on what he found.

He called me the following Monday when he received the boards and
sub kit. He first checked the sub kit and said it checked out fine.
There was nothing with the kit that should have damaged the boards. He
then called me the next day after he got a chance to check the boards.
There was nothing wrong with them either. As a matter of fact the
boards were still showing all of my game scores and data that wouldn't
appear when they were in my machine.

We then realized the problem had to be with my machine. Something in
it was causing the 2 fuses to blow and when they did it would take out
the 12v and everything that used it (including the tournament info
among other things). He asked what after market additions I had on the
machine that were connected to the wiring on the machine. I told him I
had a real knocker kit and the LED backbox light board. He suggested
that I unhook them and put the boards back in with the original
speakers first. If all seemed to work correctly...then hook the real
knocker and the light board back up one at a time to see if they
caused any issues.

He then asked if I wanted a refund for the sub kit. I told him that
I really wanted to give it a try and if the boards and kit checked out
I would give it another go.

A couple of days later I got the boards back and put them back in as
he suggested, adding the real knocker and light board after.
Everything worked fine. No humming, no fuse blowing and all of the
game data, switches and setting were fine.

The next day I got the sub kit back. It installed easy and also
worked great...no issues at all. It really couldn't be an easier
install. Mount the volume control, plug in 2 harnesses and swap the 2
wires from the old sub to the new one.

The sub sounds great. I had to bump the machine volume up a little
bit but the bass is much richer and after I got the machine and kit
volumes adjusted in, it was a noticeable improvement. It actually
surprised me at how subtle the difference is at some times, but when
certain sounds would play (ex: thunder sounds when ball locks, pop
sounds) you could feel the bass without it being over powered or
incredibly loud. I actually turned my shaker motor off so I could
notice how much the bass actually added to the vibration.

Everything is now installed and working great. I offered to PayPal
Michael some extra money for his trouble or at least to cover his
extra shipping but he refused. I couldn't have asked for a more
helpful person to get things worked out. It was only a week turn
around, Michael kept me posted on how things were going and it wasn't
even an issue with his product. That's why I say it was service
"beyond the call of duty".

Phil Dixon

May 29, 2010, 5:58:21 AM5/29/10
On May 29, 10:29 am, DugFreez <dugfr...@live.com> wrote:
>    I need to post about the "beyond the call of duty" super support
> that Michael Pupo of Flipper Fidelity has given me with the sub
> upgrade kit I bought for my Spider-Man.
>
>    I e-mailed Michael about the kit but expressed concern about
> getting the subs volume control mounted in my Black Spider-Man since I
> had a cointaker LED backbox light board in it. He said he would make
> me a longer wired volume control so I could mount it higher in the
> backbox above the light board.
>
>    We arranged payment through PayPal and the sub kit arrived quickly.
> I installed the kit and had some problems that were described in a
> thread here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread...

I'll second that, Michael sorted out sending to the UK, even gave me
updates as to where it was with the post office. Kit is really nice
and volume control is far better thn the croc clip effort I had with a
rival kit. Performs really well in my Batman too.

thaiisl...@yahoo.com

May 29, 2010, 1:09:33 PM5/29/10
> rival kit. Performs really well in my Batman too.- Hide quoted text -

I installed one of his subs in my BDK, and was extremely impressed.
Frankly I don't know why you'd need the shaker kit with this sub
installed. Great product
Randy

DugFreez

May 29, 2010, 1:56:33 PM5/29/10

It's like shaker .5. It actually adds some effects that the normal
shaker doesn't. What amazes me most about it is that the overall
volume doesn't need to be that loud to be impressive and make the bass
"feel-able".

TG

May 29, 2010, 2:20:02 PM5/29/10
On May 29, 2:29 am, DugFreez <dugfr...@live.com> wrote:
>    I need to post about the "beyond the call of duty" super support
> that Michael Pupo of Flipper Fidelity has given me with the sub
> upgrade kit I bought for my Spider-Man.
>
>    I e-mailed Michael about the kit but expressed concern about
> getting the subs volume control mounted in my Black Spider-Man since I
> had a cointaker LED backbox light board in it. He said he would make
> me a longer wired volume control so I could mount it higher in the
> backbox above the light board.
>
>    We arranged payment through PayPal and the sub kit arrived quickly.
> I installed the kit and had some problems that were described in a
> thread here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread...

So did you ever figure out what was causing the fuses to blow
originally?

Todd

MB

May 29, 2010, 3:10:13 PM5/29/10

I actually pulled my Pinball Pro subs and replaced them with these-
noticeable improvement!!
Awesome kits and well priced.
marc

DugFreez

May 29, 2010, 5:01:38 PM5/29/10
On May 29, 2:20 pm, TG <fint...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So did you ever figure out what was causing the fuses to blow
> originally?
>
> Todd

Nope...but that isn't the first time my luck has run that way. It was
the second time in 2 months that I have sent boards out for repair and
nothing was wrong with them. The other was on my Police Force...it
actually had a problem with a different board though.

As for the Spider-Man problems...I don't have a clue what caused it
or what corrected it.