Fish Tales Pop bumper Lamp wiring

Marc Konny

Apr 26, 2023, 8:57:20 AM4/26/23
I need some help.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my Fish Tales pin. Normally I take pictures of everything I dismantle so as not to forget how it goes back together. Lots of pictures so far. BUT for what ever reason I forgot to map out / take pictures of the 3 pop bumper lamp socket wiring path before I cut the metal pieces. Now I'm stuck on which post gets solider on to what.

Is there an easy way to figure out the path way?

Thanks for the help.

Kerry Imming

Apr 26, 2023, 10:16:49 AM4/26/23
The General Illumination (GI) lamp circuit is shown on page 3-14 in the
manual (available on www.ipdb.org).

I don't see the pops in the lamp matrix chart on page 3-2, so I believe
those are GI (non-controlled) lamps. Page 3-32 has details on the J120
plug.

Also, searching www for "pinball fish tales teardown pictures under
playfield" turns up some images that may be helpful. For example:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/media/fish-tales-under-playfield.79/full?d=1411480662

- Kerry

Lloyd Olson

Apr 26, 2023, 1:11:22 PM4/26/23
As Kerry posted the pop bumpers are GI lighting.

Page 3-32 in the manual has the connector pinouts. Pictures show a violet wire. So pin #6 is violet and pin #11 is white with violet stripe. Those are the two wires you need to each pop bumper light. This is AC so no diodes.

LTG : )

Lloyd Olson

Apr 26, 2023, 1:22:23 PM4/26/23
I should add the connector is on the driver board J121
LTG : )

Mr Pinball

Apr 26, 2023, 6:55:21 PM4/26/23

Lloyd Olson

Apr 26, 2023, 11:00:57 PM4/26/23

John Robertson

Apr 27, 2023, 1:37:01 AM4/27/23
On 2023/04/26 8:00 p.m., Lloyd Olson wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 5:55:21 PM UTC-5, Mr Pinball wrote:
>> Buy New and Used pinball machines online https://mrpinballmachines.lies/..
>>
>> Contact your FBI or RCMP or federal police and ask them to investigate this scammer's phone number - (405)283-2648
>>

>> Visit our (copied from other sites' photos) website for more info
>> https://mrpinballmachines.lies.lies.lies
>
> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites

Lloyd, don't re-post their entire con ad, trim it down! Have some fun
with it!

John ;-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Lloyd Olson

Apr 27, 2023, 1:26:29 PM4/27/23
On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 12:37:01 AM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:

> >> Contact your FBI or RCMP or federal police and ask them to investigate this scammer's phone number - (405)283-2648

> Lloyd, don't re-post their entire con ad, trim it down! Have some fun
> with it!
>
> John ;-#)#
> --
> (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
> John's Jukes Ltd.
> #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
> (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
> www.flippers.com
> "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

Thank you John ! I didn't think of that,
LTG : )

Mr Pinball

Apr 29, 2023, 7:22:35 AM4/29/23

Lloyd Olson

Apr 29, 2023, 12:33:49 PM4/29/23
Always research before spending money on a pinball machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites