Stern Cairo sworsdman mosfet replacement...

Schus

Dec 8, 2021, 9:52:56 AM12/8/21
I have the infamous Stern Indy Cairo Swordsman issue pop up recently. I saw a tech post by someone which said to replace the P/N BSS123 Mosfet chip with transistor type MMST3904 for Q1. I'm just seeing this type:MMST3904-7 Transistor Bipolar NPN 40V 0.2A SC70-3 listed. Would this be a suitable replacement?

John Robertson

Dec 8, 2021, 11:50:01 AM12/8/21
On 2021/12/08 6:52 a.m., Schus wrote:
> I have the infamous Stern Indy Cairo Swordsman issue pop up recently. I saw a tech post by someone which said to replace the P/N BSS123 Mosfet chip with transistor type MMST3904 for Q1. I'm just seeing this type:MMST3904-7 Transistor Bipolar NPN 40V 0.2A SC70-3 listed. Would this be a suitable replacement?

Compare the specs. Although they look cross compatible, I'm not sure why
the designation "-7" was added. The original part number appears to be
obsolete so perhaps there is a minor change.

Digi-key.com has spec sheets on both.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Schus

Dec 8, 2021, 1:51:19 PM12/8/21
Thanks John... wasn't clear on the -7 either