[ Whimpering noises ]

Joseph Nebus

Jan 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/17/97

The RPI arcade finally did something about the FunHouse pin, which
they had not maintained in any way, shape, or form for over a year--I am
exaggerating when I say that every major part of the game was broken only
because the right plunger, while worn, could still be used to put a ball
into the game. Despite this miserable shape, it was still probably the
most fun game in the arcade (remove the 'probably' if the Road Show is broken
at the moment, which it probably is).

They took out the FunHouse. And put in "Batman Forever," which,
although I've only played it a few times and may be missing some subtlety,
seems like another in the string of basically unengaging games they've
been picking. The current lineup:

Road Show (broken)
Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street (How can any thinking
person replace FunHouse and not dump Freddy?)
Frankenstein
Batman Forever

More than ever I appreciate the Latham Circle Mall, with a lineup
of Addams Family (original), Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Jack*Bot.

Joseph Nebus