Played Family Guy Tonite!

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 10:14:26 AM3/2/07
Well, what can we say? Pretty unfair that the country that made the
thing gets it last! But hopefully we can whet your appetite with Nick
and nuggy's observations tonite. Please keep in mind that this is just
some fun info from two non-professional pinball critics, so take it
for what its worth, we play the game for fun!

We were invited to the Australian unveiling of what we have agreed (at
least for now) is simply the best modern Stern yet.

Bumper Action Amusements in Melbourne with the two Davids were the
hosts at tonite's "Pinball Faith" and the star attraction (as well as
a Cactus Canyon on free play) was Family Guy.

Here's some thoughts:

>From a technical perspective the leds work great under the stewy
playfield (nuggy thinks this will be standard soon). More on Stewy
later! :)

The Lois spinner is positioned beautifully for some serious spin! Love
spinners!

The sound (sort of a metal "scruntch" - think of Titanic meets
Iceberg) that is made when you hit Brian's can or the captive ball is
great. Even greater when it is the captive ball coz it signals moving
towards qualifying for Stewy Pinball!

Nick didn't like the death target much, but nuggy was a bit of a fan.
We hear this was originally going to be a target that traveled across
the playfield (ie like Drac in MB) but got cut back due to budget
constraints.

We heard the Chicken Fight video mode has been removed from the US
version of the software, but **apparently** is working on the Aussie
version. We say apparently coz we didn't get it going, but David Stein
has played it and agrees it ought to be removed - long and boring
according to David.

Very hard to get to the pop bumpers, seemed to need to bounce off the
can with Brian the dog to get there, and in a way that's sort of fun -
instead of the old standard guaranteed WPC pop bumper action (reward
for no skill) you only get them if you get there, suddenly pop bumpers
have more reason to exist!

The Chris lane reminded Nick of the right hand curved target lane/
bulls eye score on the old Time Warp, but the shot is satisfying as it
returns at only a moderate speed enabling you to use the mini-flipper
accurately. The Meg lane is a bit of a non-event.

Now - Stewy Pinball - well, there's a thread around at the moment
asking opinions on the best "toy". Before tonight, Nick's vote was
with Rudy's ugly head, and nuggy was partial to the Ring (LOTR). But
now, well, here's a toy that not only itself actually is a pinball
game with its own unique rules (and great LED lighting), it is really
fun to play - an absolute blast! The flippers and ball were even
smaller than the pictures give the impression of, in fact that ball is
***tiny***, and the flippers look like match stick size! But here's
the thing - it all actually *****works***** and plays like a tiny
little pinball machine! Nick lost all confidence when everyone else
(including the little kid) had played Stewy and he couldn't manage it
until game three - and then only coz nuggy handed his Stewy over to
him! Of course, next ball was Nick's and Stewy was ready anyway, so
he pushed nuggy out of the way and reclaimed his rightful spot, and
Stewy Pinball # 2!!!!!

Now If Stern was to release Stewy Pinball as a "desktop" stand alone
game - we'd both be getting one for work!!!

If there's anything about this machine that elevates Stern to a new
level it's the quality, complexity and clarity of the sound package"
"There's an evil monkey in my closet!!!" Nuggy's seen the show, Nick's
seen about a scene, but is grabbing Season 1 DVD tomorrow after
wetting himself over evil monkey!!!

Now all of this was in a setting where there were queues of people
hankering around for their turn, bumping the machine (and us) and
generally leaving no real opportunity to explore the machine. But we
got three or four games each (always in four play mode, so no real
chance to get a good flow), and kept telling each other that this is
Sterns best effort yet. With that little real time of course we were
left with absolutely no idea as to the depth of the software - maybe
it doesn't approach TSPP, but still -it's got Stewie Pinball!!! And
that's enough to keep you coming back for more.

We took some footage on the phone camera (link below) but took out the
one where Nick swears (a lot) when he misses Stewie Pinball the third
time!

Oh, and they are definitely assholes on the inlanes!!!

http://www.users.on.net/~spaners/Family%20Guy/

Cheers,
Nick & Nuggy

jesse...@comcast.net

Mar 2, 2007, 10:28:27 AM3/2/07
Thanks for the review Nick, can't wait to get mine!

Jess

cody chunn

Mar 2, 2007, 10:29:47 AM3/2/07
Thanks for the review. Hopefully with more time on the game you will come to
like it even more. I had a feeling from the photos that Pat had a good game
with this one. The other thread on sound reiterates that this game with many
quips from the creator will be pleasing in that regard.

I saw in the background that Nicholas Cage from Ghost Rider showed up! ;)
Thankyaverymuch.

I hope this is the best PLD Stern yet and sets production records for Stern.

--
-cody
CARGPB4

"Vegemite Nick" <pin...@thistledown.com.au> wrote in message

TheKorn

Mar 2, 2007, 10:37:15 AM3/2/07
"Vegemite Nick" <pin...@thistledown.com.au> wrote in

> The Lois spinner is positioned beautifully for some serious spin! Love
> spinners!

Absolutely; I put that shot as my 'best spinner shot'.

> Very hard to get to the pop bumpers, seemed to need to bounce off the
> can with Brian the dog to get there, and in a way that's sort of fun -
> instead of the old standard guaranteed WPC pop bumper action (reward
> for no skill) you only get them if you get there, suddenly pop bumpers
> have more reason to exist!

Well, there were two ways I'd do it; either ricochet off the FART targets
or stuff the ball in the clam and get bumper hits on the way out.

> We took some footage on the phone camera (link below) but took out the
> one where Nick swears (a lot) when he misses Stewie Pinball the third
> time!
>
> Oh, and they are definitely assholes on the inlanes!!!

They put your face on the inlanes?? :))

> http://www.users.on.net/~spaners/Family%20Guy/

(And in case anyone missed it the first time around, here's video...
http://www.webwidevideo.com/p1069 )

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 10:42:22 AM3/2/07
On Mar 3, 2:37 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:

Thanks Korn:

> [...]

Should have known I could have relied on you for something like that!

Oh, and thanks for trying to hi-jack my post with your video! ;)

hehehe!

TheKorn

Mar 2, 2007, 11:08:07 AM3/2/07

> Should have known I could have relied on you for something like that!

Oh come on, it was a perfect set up! The ball was right there, sitting on
the rim. All it took was a little breath of air to put it through the
hoop. :)

> Oh, and thanks for trying to hi-jack my post with your video! ;)
>
> hehehe!

Why do you think I deliberately left YOUR link in the quoted reply!??
(sigh...)

mack

Mar 2, 2007, 12:21:09 PM3/2/07
Thanks for posting your 1st impressions of FGY. It sounds like a fun
machine to play. Since I'm not a great player things like Wizard Modes
aren't really that important to me. Did you notice any flipper fatigue
while you played or were all the shots hitable while playing? I'm
getting real anxious for mine to be delivered. Maybe in a week or so.

Paul

The CNY PIN GUY

Mar 2, 2007, 12:36:02 PM3/2/07

Is the upper flipper a mini flipper? it looked full size in the images
i have seem

Yeah its shipping US slow Pace next week, words direct from Jolly
Backer at Stern PInball
Man getting excited ,

mnpinball

Mar 2, 2007, 1:29:39 PM3/2/07

CrazyFlipperFingers

Mar 2, 2007, 2:57:19 PM3/2/07
On Mar 2, 9:14 am, "Vegemite Nick" <pinn...@thistledown.com.au> wrote:

Thanks for the review guys.

I, like some others, was a bit skeptical of the Stewie "pin within a
pin" but after reading the reviews, I'm really looking forward to
playing it.

I thought PL's reasoning behind it in the latest Pingame Journal made
total sense.

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 3:04:45 PM3/2/07

Paul, that game took a beating non-stop for hours. When we got back on
the flippers seemed the same as when we played it second game after
turning on. So that answer appears to be no noticeable fatigue and
certainly all shots stayed gettable.

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 3:04:51 PM3/2/07

Didn;t get to see the machine boot Jason, uncertain as to the
revision, but David mentioned "2" but who knows? It definately has the
Chicken fight though.

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 3:06:57 PM3/2/07

Upper left is a mini.

Cheers,
Nick

Lloyd Olson

Mar 2, 2007, 3:17:44 PM3/2/07
First Vegemite, and now this. You guys have all the luck ! LTG :)

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 3:20:54 PM3/2/07
On Mar 3, 7:17 am, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> First Vegemite, and now this. You guys have all the luck ! LTG :)
>
> "Vegemite Nick" <pinn...@thistledown.com.au> wrote in message

> > We took some footage on the phone camera (link below) but took out the
> > one where Nick swears (a lot) when he misses Stewie Pinball the third
> > time!
>
> > Oh, and they are definitely assholes on the inlanes!!!
>
> >http://www.users.on.net/~spaners/Family%20Guy/
>
> > Cheers,
> > Nick & Nuggy

Ah, but we ain't got you Lloyd, so not **all** the luck! ;)

pinball1974

Mar 2, 2007, 3:41:28 PM3/2/07

Congrats Nick on being one of the first in Oz to play F*G*. The crew
over here in SA have a pinnie night organised for next Tuesday at the
local distributors here in Adelaide as the F*G pin has already arrived
here too. Hope it plays as well as you have described.

Just checking on one thing mate, the spelling of TONITE in your thread
title, what's the deal ;).

I think you've been on rgp too long, definitely spelt as TONIGHT "down
under".;)

Just joking. Gotcha :D

frenchy

Mar 2, 2007, 4:20:34 PM3/2/07
> I thought PL's reasoning behind it in the latest Pingame Journal made
> total sense>>

Reasoning? Wasn't it Steve Kordek that said to design pinballs you
have to be somewhat crazy? : )

Ron Strom

Mar 2, 2007, 7:23:14 PM3/2/07
In article <1172868088.8...@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
reuben...@yahoo.com.au says...

> Just checking on one thing mate, the spelling of TONITE in your thread
> title, what's the deal ;).
>
> I think you've been on rgp too long, definitely spelt as TONIGHT "down
> under".;)
>
> Just joking. Gotcha :D

"spelt" has nothing to do with spelling. It's a type of grain. ;-)
--
Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 7:40:14 PM3/2/07
On Mar 3, 11:23 am, Ron Strom <ron...@hothouse.net> wrote:
> In article <1172868088.802480.225...@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> reuben_mi...@yahoo.com.au says...

> > Just checking on one thing mate, the spelling of TONITE in your thread
> > title, what's the deal ;).
>
> > I think you've been on rgp too long, definitely spelt as TONIGHT "down
> > under".;)
>
> > Just joking. Gotcha :D
>
> "spelt" has nothing to do with spelling. It's a type of grain. ;-)
> --
> Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)

Hehe!

I saw that, and decided that I'd leave it alone coz I'm the bigger
man. Not sure what that says about you Ron! ;)

Hey, are you allowed to called Us Citizens "yanks?" Never sure on
that, us Aussie's don't mind being called Aussies???

What I was going to say about the spelling of "Tonite" which over here
is spelled "Tonight" was that I've "yanked up" my spelling due to
RGP's influence.

But if I can't say "yank" then I won't say it at all.

Oh - too late..... ;(

pinball1974

Mar 2, 2007, 7:50:05 PM3/2/07
On Mar 3, 10:23 am, Ron Strom <ron...@hothouse.net> wrote:
> In article <1172868088.802480.225...@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> reuben_mi...@yahoo.com.au says...

> > Just checking on one thing mate, the spelling of TONITE in your thread
> > title, what's the deal ;).
>
> > I think you've been on rgp too long, definitely spelt as TONIGHT "down
> > under".;)
>
> > Just joking. Gotcha :D
>
> "spelt" has nothing to do with spelling. It's a type of grain. ;-)
> --
> Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)

Touche, Ron. :D

Just having a bit of friendly "down unda" interstate rivalry with
Vegemite Nick. Commonly known in Oz as "takin the piss out". No harm
intended.;)

If Nick can successfully introduce Vegemite to rgp (with albeit a
mixed reception), I can attempt to introduce more of the Aussie
vernacular.

No worries, mate.
Cheers :D

Ron Strom

Mar 2, 2007, 8:59:39 PM3/2/07
In article <1172882414....@64g2000cwx.googlegroups.com>,
pin...@thistledown.com.au says...

> On Mar 3, 11:23 am, Ron Strom <ron...@hothouse.net> wrote:
> > In article <1172868088.802480.225...@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> > reuben_mi...@yahoo.com.au says...
> >
> > > Just checking on one thing mate, the spelling of TONITE in your thread
> > > title, what's the deal ;).
> >
> > > I think you've been on rgp too long, definitely spelt as TONIGHT "down
> > > under".;)
> >
> > > Just joking. Gotcha :D
> >
> > "spelt" has nothing to do with spelling. It's a type of grain. ;-)
> > --
> > Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)
>
> Hehe!
>
> I saw that, and decided that I'd leave it alone coz I'm the bigger
> man. Not sure what that says about you Ron! ;)

It just says I'm trying to stay one step ahead of Cliffy :)

> Hey, are you allowed to called Us Citizens "yanks?" Never sure on
> that, us Aussie's don't mind being called Aussies???
>
> What I was going to say about the spelling of "Tonite" which over here
> is spelled "Tonight" was that I've "yanked up" my spelling due to
> RGP's influence.
>
> But if I can't say "yank" then I won't say it at all.
>
> Oh - too late..... ;(

Glad to see those pics of you playing TFG. It's funny how a person
never looks at all like ones "minds eye" pictures them from their
writing.

You actually look like a decent upstanding guy ;-D

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 9:04:55 PM3/2/07
On Mar 3, 12:59 pm, Ron Strom <ron...@hothouse.net> wrote:
> In article <1172882414.018936.66...@64g2000cwx.googlegroups.com>,
> pinn...@thistledown.com.au says...

Thanks Ron, I feel better now that that mental image of me as some
form of bottom-dwelling troll-like creature has been dispelled from
you mind! ;)

I need to tell the truth though, it's not really me in those pictures.
I am a real troll,scales and all, so I hire a very handsome actor to
stand in for shots like that.

;)

Ron Strom

Mar 2, 2007, 9:06:50 PM3/2/07
In article <1172883005....@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
reuben...@yahoo.com.au says...
Glad you didn't miss the smiley.

I actually love the Aussie vernacular and the accent when it's coming
from real Aussies.

Hell... I even like and know all the words and meanings to Waltzing
Matilda... how's that? :-)

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 9:17:01 PM3/2/07
On Mar 3, 1:06 pm, Ron Strom <ron...@hothouse.net> wrote:
> In article <1172883005.598446.79...@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
> reuben_mi...@yahoo.com.au says...

You're doing really well then. I don't even know our national anthem!
Hang on, I that is our national anthem...... Hmmm a song about a tramp
who camps by a creek and steals a sheep (Think his initials were BK).
Three policemen arrive and rather than be captured, he commits suicide
by drowning himself in a creek. Crikey! That's our unofficial national
anthem! In fact, it's an interesting song with good reason to be so
well loved - I guess its because Australia was colonised by convicts
from England for trivial offences, and somehow that leaves us still
suspicious of authority and cynical about hypocrisy of the legal and
police systems.

So coppers, don't come after me or I'll jump in my pool!

Lloyd Olson

Mar 2, 2007, 9:21:01 PM3/2/07
Swagman is a hobo, billabong is a small pond or water hole, coolabah tree is
a species of tree native to Australia, billy is a small kettle to boil water
for tea, jumbuck is a sheep, tuckerbag is a bag to store food, squater is a
land squater, trooper refers to police - Australia was patroled by soldiers
and eventually when the police force was established they were still refered
to troopers. LTG :)

"Ron Strom" <ron...@hothouse.net> wrote in message

Lloyd Olson

Mar 2, 2007, 9:43:00 PM3/2/07
Here you go Ron
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~enigman/australia/slang.html everything you
need to understand Aussie slang. What an amazing people ! LTG :)

"Ron Strom" <ron...@hothouse.net> wrote in message

> I actually love the Aussie vernacular and the accent when it's coming
> from real Aussies.

> Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)

Vegemite Nick

Mar 2, 2007, 9:45:06 PM3/2/07
On Mar 3, 1:43 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Here you go Ronhttp://members.ozemail.com.au/~enigman/australia/slang.html everything you

Yep, "They're a Weird Mob" (google that if interested)

Ja...@pinballsales.com

Mar 2, 2007, 9:45:19 PM3/2/07
On Mar 2, 9:43�pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Here you go Ronhttp://members.ozemail.com.au/~enigman/australia/slang.html everything you
> > Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)- Hide quoted text -

I played it too - and soon - so will you!!!!

Lloyd Olson

Mar 2, 2007, 9:49:12 PM3/2/07
Skip Google and go to the Internet Movie Database
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061087/ LTG :)

"Vegemite Nick" <pin...@thistledown.com.au> wrote in message

pinball1974

Mar 3, 2007, 3:07:24 AM3/3/07
> > Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)- Hide quoted text -

I get off rgp for a few hours and look what I have started.....great
stuff guys :)

TheKorn

Mar 3, 2007, 4:55:09 PM3/3/07

> Hey, are you allowed to called Us Citizens "yanks?" Never sure on
> that, us Aussie's don't mind being called Aussies???
>
> What I was going to say about the spelling of "Tonite" which over here
> is spelled "Tonight" was that I've "yanked up" my spelling due to
> RGP's influence.
>
> But if I can't say "yank" then I won't say it at all.

It kind of depends. Traditionally, the term has been used by those in
The South (i.e. NASCARland!) as a somewhat derogatory term for those from
The North. Except someone forgot to tell those in The South that those
in The North don't give a damn about that name.

Call someone from The South that, though, and you'll probably annoy them.
No idea what Westerners would do; probably look at you like you're an
idiot. :)

And "tonite" is an incorrect spelling, no matter which side of the Mason-
Dixon line you're on!

Superpin Al

Mar 3, 2007, 5:43:08 PM3/3/07
On Mar 3, 3:55 pm, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:

> And "tonite" is an incorrect spelling, no matter which side of the Mason-
> Dixon line you're on!
>
> --
> Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
> web or on DVD?
>
> http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Depends on what you are trying to say! ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tonite

Ken In Texas

Mar 3, 2007, 5:49:41 PM3/3/07
Calling those of us who are native Texans a yankee is not really
acceptable :)

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

pinballjim

Mar 3, 2007, 5:53:36 PM3/3/07
On Mar 3, 4:49 pm, Ken In Texas <k...@pinballrebel.com> wrote:
> Calling those of us who are native Texans a yankee is not really
> acceptable :)

Probably just a notch or two below "liar" in my book, and being called
a liar is grounds to shoot someone.

:D

cody chunn

Mar 3, 2007, 6:06:30 PM3/3/07
For some reason the British liked to call all Americans 'Yanks' at some
point. That term is beginning to loose usage down heuh in thuh deep say-uth.
:)

--
-cody
CARGPB4

"TheKorn" <The...@TheKorn.Net> wrote in message

Vegemite Nick

Mar 3, 2007, 6:17:49 PM3/3/07
On Mar 4, 10:06 am, "cody chunn" <cchu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> For some reason the British liked to call all Americans 'Yanks' at some
> point. That term is beginning to loose usage down heuh in thuh deep say-uth.
> :)
>
> --
> -cody
> CARGPB4
>
> "TheKorn" <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote in message

> > "Vegemite Nick" <pinn...@thistledown.com.au> wrote in

> >> Hey, are you allowed to called Us Citizens "yanks?" Never sure on
> >> that, us Aussie's don't mind being called Aussies???
>
> >> What I was going to say about the spelling of "Tonite" which over here
> >> is spelled "Tonight" was that I've "yanked up" my spelling due to
> >> RGP's influence.
>
> >> But if I can't say "yank" then I won't say it at all.
>
> > It kind of depends. Traditionally, the term has been used by those in
> > The South (i.e. NASCARland!) as a somewhat derogatory term for those from
> > The North. Except someone forgot to tell those in The South that those
> > in The North don't give a damn about that name.
>
> > Call someone from The South that, though, and you'll probably annoy them.
> > No idea what Westerners would do; probably look at you like you're an
> > idiot. :)
>
> > And "tonite" is an incorrect spelling, no matter which side of the Mason-
> > Dixon line you're on!
>
> > --
> > Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
> > web or on DVD?
>
> >http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Thanks for that guys, always wondered how that term was perceived and
from the sounds of it not one to bandy about as some wouldn't like it.

Cheers from the land of Aus,
(You can call us "Skips" - that is a reference to Skippy the Bush
Kangaroo)
Nick

TheKorn

Mar 3, 2007, 6:36:28 PM3/3/07
"pinballjim" <pinba...@hotmail.com> wrote in

That's OK, someone called me Jim once...

...he never got the opportunity to make THAT mistake again! :)

TheKorn

Mar 3, 2007, 6:43:22 PM3/3/07

> Thanks for that guys, always wondered how that term was perceived and
> from the sounds of it not one to bandy about as some wouldn't like it.

Really it's more of an archaic term than anything; outside of watching
British TV re-runs I can't remember the last time I actually *heard* the
term. That said, usually if someone uses it I think to myself, "oh,
that's their term for American", just as how when some non-US person says
fag, I immediately translate it into cigarette.

> Cheers from the land of Aus,
> (You can call us "Skips" - that is a reference to Skippy the Bush
> Kangaroo)

I *still* hate you for sending me that file! :)

Vegemite Nick

Mar 3, 2007, 8:29:45 PM3/3/07
On Mar 4, 10:43 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:

hehehehehehe!

cody chunn

Mar 3, 2007, 8:49:46 PM3/3/07
Nick,

It's not really an insult, and anyone who would use it as an insult isn't
the brightest bulb on the playfield. It certainly isn't a racial slur or
worse. Coming from a southern redneck directed at someone from the northern
US, it is almost an insult. That usage goes back to the US civil war and
it's basic translation is "winner". Damn Yankee = Damn winner and I'm still
pissed off about it. Coming from someone abroad directed at Americans in
general, it is more like a term of endearment. The Brits called us Yanks in
WWII and they weren't being insulting when they said it. So use it as you
wish, mate. :)

--
-cody
CARGPB4

Ken In Texas

Mar 3, 2007, 9:13:50 PM3/3/07
Actually Cody the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee is that
the damn yankees don't go home ;)

Or so I've been told all my life.....common southern joke....

Seriously though its just a moniker like redneck, yankee, etc. It
really doesnt have the punch of a term like white trash etc.

Fred Kemper

Mar 3, 2007, 11:02:24 PM3/3/07
Indeed!

Them be fight'n words!! ;)

--
Fred
TX

"Ken In Texas" <k...@pinballrebel.com> wrote

> Calling those of us who are native Texans a yankee is not really acceptable :)

Ron Strom

Mar 4, 2007, 12:18:39 AM3/4/07
In article <6ZednSBBppVkuHfY...@comcast.com>, cchunn3
@comcast.net says...

> Nick,
>
> It's not really an insult, and anyone who would use it as an insult isn't
> the brightest bulb on the playfield. It certainly isn't a racial slur or
> worse. Coming from a southern redneck directed at someone from the northern
> US, it is almost an insult. That usage goes back to the US civil war and
> it's basic translation is "winner". Damn Yankee = Damn winner and I'm still
> pissed off about it. Coming from someone abroad directed at Americans in
> general, it is more like a term of endearment. The Brits called us Yanks in
> WWII and they weren't being insulting when they said it. So use it as you
> wish, mate. :)

I dunno Cody... them Brits during the war said "Them damn Yanks...
they're overpaid, they're oversexed, and they're over here". :-)

Vegemite Nick

Mar 4, 2007, 10:02:38 PM3/4/07
On Mar 3, 5:29 am, "mnpinball" <mnpinb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > generally leaving no real opportunity to explore the machine. But we
> > got three or four games each (always in four play mode, so no real
> > chance to get a good flow), and kept telling each other that this is
> > Sterns best effort yet. With that little real time of course we were
> > left with absolutely no idea as to the depth of the software - maybe
> > it doesn't approach TSPP, but still -it's got Stewie Pinball!!! And
> > that's enough to keep you coming back for more.
>
> > We took some footage on the phone camera (link below) but took out the
> > one where Nick swears (a lot) when he misses Stewie Pinball the third
> > time!
>
> > Oh, and they are definitely assholes on the inlanes!!!
>
> >http://www.users.on.net/~spaners/Family%20Guy/
>
> > Cheers,
> > Nick & Nuggy
>
> What software revision was shipped with the game ?

Jason, David at Bumper just emailed me that It is running on version
2.0 software.

Cheers,
Nick