Indiana Jones Path of Adventure Stutter

D-Rowe

May 30, 2011, 10:16:05 PM5/30/11
I am having issues w/ my POA stuttering when it is tilting left. I
cleaned the optos for the flippers and still am having a problem. Is
there a quick fix that I can try. Is there a way to tilt the poa
playfield (ala Shadow) to get under it to possibly reseat the
connectors etc...?

Thx

Damion

Lloyd Olson

May 30, 2011, 10:36:57 PM5/30/11
Swap left and right flipper button opto boards first and see if problem goes
with. LTG :)

"D-Rowe" <damio...@msn.com> wrote in message

Taxman

May 31, 2011, 1:40:42 PM5/31/11
I have the same issue about ten years ago. If I remember I took the
POA off the used a lettle canned air where it mounts. I think there
are optos in there. Anyway, used the oportunity do clean things and
it worked fine.

Dave "Taxman" http://www.pinbald.com

Mark Clayton

May 31, 2011, 3:02:18 PM5/31/11
Yes, there's an opto board at the back end of the POA.
An arm attached to the POA passes between the optos when
it rocks left to right. Here's a photo of the board:

http://i87.com/gallery/ij-shopout/_DSC0674.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=3

You may need to clean the optos and/or reflow the solder to the optos
or the resistors on the board.

-Mark
-----
http://pinballpal.com