Been a long time......

Steven Campbell

Apr 21, 2021, 12:46:32 PM4/21/21
I had almost forgot about this group and it's so great to see it still here.

I just have one question....back years ago.the gentlemen that was working with Steve occasionally making parts for Gottlieb machines, roll overs, plastic tops..etc..was at one time a very long time employee of Gottlieb.

He had a barn that was just marvelous as it had one of every machine ever made. And I am talking about Gottlieb. He invited me up to see them in person, (which was sad as I never made it before he had passed), which was so kind of him and then he sent me a CD of him going one machine at at aime talking about how it was different..what was the newest inovation at that time etc..etc..and different attributes about them, etc...etc.. LIke I said, a GOLD MINE of information.....

John Robertson

Apr 21, 2021, 1:05:19 PM4/21/21
If you still have that CD it begs to be shared - check with his estate
to see if it would be OK to post it as a tribute on Youtube (annoying
ads) or Vimeo (no annoying adds!).

I would love to see it!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

John Dayhuff

Apr 21, 2021, 7:48:50 PM4/21/21

I'm guessing your talking about Donal Murphy?

John

John Robertson

Apr 21, 2021, 8:42:46 PM4/21/21
On 2021/04/21 4:48 p.m., John Dayhuff wrote:

> I'm guessing your talking about Donal Murphy?
>
> John

Ah, I had heard he had a lot of pins...even better to see him talk about
them!

cfhatprovidedotnet

Apr 22, 2021, 5:10:50 PM4/22/21
No doubt Donal Murphy, he was the coil winder for all
coils Gottlieb (and others), supplied to Gottlieb (when
they were around), and then to Steve Young.

I had a copy of the DVD spoken of. Donal had (i believe)
a copy of each gottlieb one player EM woodrails in
his collection, and a number of wedgeheads. This was
documented on his DVD. it was not a great video production
by any means, but it gave you an idea of what he had.

Unfortunately Donal passed away a few years ago...
he was cleaning his gutters and fell off the ladder.
(I am reminded of him when i see those gutter-guard
ads on TV!)

I have no idea what happened to his collection. I do
own a couple wedgeheads that were Donals. Bought
those from a Chicago guy a few month ago. But i
think he bought them from Donal probably 10 or 15
years ago.

flipper

May 25, 2021, 10:16:45 PM5/25/21
I knew Donal, saw his collection when I was picking up sooped up
Gott flipper coils Green with a yellow mark on them.

David Kluber

Aug 15, 2021, 4:41:26 PM8/15/21
I have one of Donal's machines myself. Along with a hand signed letter of sale for my Centigrade 37. I spoke with him once on the phone and he was such a kind and generous man in helping me with finding a backglass I was looking for. He invited me to see his barn collection if I was ever back in the area. He touched the lives of many a pinball enthusiast as I have found in my conversations with several older collectors here in the Denver area. My C37 now has an even more special meaning to me.