Williams lamp driver mosfet upgrade

skulldy

May 12, 2006, 11:04:48 AM5/12/06
Does anyone remember an article in Gameroom magazine about upgrading
the Tip42 in the Williams lamp driver circuit to a P channel mosfet?I
wanted to try it on a Guns n Roses since it's pretty much the same
circuit, but I don't remember the part number.
Thanks
Kelley

Action Pinball

May 12, 2006, 5:48:35 PM5/12/06
P12N10L and P20N10L are commonly used in pin applications- maybe one of
these?

We have the 20 in stock: www.actionpinball.com

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"skulldy" <sku...@mn.astound.net> wrote in message

Frank-Rainer Grahl

May 12, 2006, 7:27:28 PM5/12/06
Didn't read the Gameroom magazine but some local guys had great success with the
IRF 9540 as a TIP42C replacement. I bought 8 but didn't try them yet. The P20N10L
will not work here.

Regards
Frank-Rainer Grahl

www.pinballz.net - The #1 pinball forum for me

c...@provide.net

May 12, 2006, 6:54:54 PM5/12/06

As in most pinball repair info, that resides at
http://marvin3m.com/fix.htm

Big Gay Al

May 12, 2006, 6:56:57 PM5/12/06

c...@provide.net wrote:
> As in most pinball repair info, that resides at
> http://marvin3m.com/fix.htm

Well said fine sir, Thank you for sharing!
Karl.

seymour...@excite.com

May 12, 2006, 7:18:26 PM5/12/06
wow when was that added? That could make a huge difference. Pays to
read the guides more often rather than rely on the printed copy I made
a couple years ago.

c...@provide.net

May 12, 2006, 7:26:22 PM5/12/06

That was added well over 1 year ago (if not
longer) in the driver board upgrade section.

miracleman

May 12, 2006, 7:49:21 PM5/12/06
Mayhaps you can post here when/what is updated for us.
And TANKS for the guides!

Stewie Caines

May 12, 2006, 10:09:20 PM5/12/06
Can someone please point out where in particular Clay's guide makes
reference to this?

Stewie

c...@provide.net

May 12, 2006, 10:30:06 PM5/12/06
miracleman wrote:
> Mayhaps you can post here when/what is updated for us.
> And TANKS for the guides!

Aww NO. seeing how the guides are often updated
weekly (give or take), i'm not really interested in
sucking up more RGP bandwidth (or MY TIME)
for this task.

seymour...@excite.com

May 13, 2006, 7:41:21 AM5/13/06
Look in the lamp matrix section of system 3-7, it's right under the 27
ohm 5 watt upgrade instructions.

skulldy

May 13, 2006, 8:50:05 AM5/13/06
Thanks for all the help.I didn't realise the guides got updated that
much.
Thnaks again
Kelley