Rock-Ola pinball parts supply

Nate

Apr 4, 2011, 8:35:44 AM4/4/11
Greetings RGP Group,

Quick note from a Rock-Ola pinball collector. For nearly twenty years
Hal O'Rourke provided parts for the antique Rock-Ola pinball machines
which included the World’s Series, World’s Fair Jigsaw, Army Navy and
several others. The supply unfortunately ended with Hal’s passing
early in 2010.

Our family collects Rock-Ola mechanical pinball machines which were
made between 1932 and 1939. Four months ago my family and I purchased
the assets of the Rock-Ola pinball parts business from Susan O’Rourke,
wife of the late Hal O’Rourke.

After quite a bit of work we have managed to source nearly all of the
parts that Hal provide including marquees, castings, springs, balls,
labels, leg plates, doors, lockdown bars, instruction sheets, various
screws, bolts, wire gates, etc—all of which we now have in stock.
Also we obtained some surplus parts from a few World’s Series and
Jigsaw games, such as the complex castings. If you break or need an
unusual or critical part to bring a game back to life, we may have it.

All details can be viewed at www.buckwerx.com. We have details on
each of the games, YouTube links and some tips for repair and
shipping.

I wanted to take this opportunity to ask couple of questions for the
Rockola enthusiasts in the group:

1) We can source reproduction legs for around $55-$60 each
out of poplar wood—but we have to build at least 10 sets of four to
cover the mill work set up charges. Is there still need within the
RGP community for the pyramid topped Rock-Ola legs?
2) Does anyone need or want cash boxes for the Rock-Ola
Army Navy? We are in the process of making reproduction cash boxes
for the World’s Series and Jigsaw, but want to know if others are
needed
3) What other parts are needed for Rock-Ola games?

Thanks

Nate Thompson
www.buckwerx.com

Andy B

Apr 4, 2011, 9:25:30 AM4/4/11
Thanks for the great website. I never had an interest in restoration
of any pins before late sixties. But after seing the Rock-ola's in
action , WOW. Very cool. The search is on to find one to add to my
collection and begin to restore . Glad to see you are available to
help in the restorations.

Andy B.

pr

Apr 4, 2011, 11:33:55 AM4/4/11
On Apr 4, 5:35 am, Nate <nath...@spectralogic.com> wrote:
> Greetings RGP Group,
>
> Quick note from a Rock-Ola pinball collector.  For nearly twenty years
> Hal O'Rourke provided parts for the antique Rock-Ola pinball machines
> which included the World’s Series, World’s Fair Jigsaw, Army Navy and
> several others.  The supply unfortunately ended with Hal’s passing
> early in 2010.
>
> Our family collects Rock-Ola mechanical pinball machines which were
> made between 1932 and 1939.  Four months ago my family and I purchased
> the assets of the Rock-Ola pinball parts business from Susan O’Rourke,
> wife of the late Hal O’Rourke.
>
> After quite a bit of work we have managed to source nearly all of the
> parts that Hal provide including marquees, castings, springs, balls,
> labels, leg plates, doors, lockdown bars, instruction sheets, various
> screws, bolts, wire gates, etc—all of which we now have in stock.
> Also we obtained some surplus parts from a few World’s Series and
> Jigsaw games, such as the complex castings.  If you break or need an
> unusual or critical part to bring a game back to life, we may have it.
>
> All details can be viewed atwww.buckwerx.com.  We have details on

> each of the games, YouTube links and some tips for repair and
> shipping.
>
> I wanted to take this opportunity to ask couple of questions for the
> Rockola enthusiasts in the group:
Nate, very glad to see that you are continuing the work that Hal
dedicated his life to. Congrats and thank you.

I would definitely be in for a set of legs. Would you be drilling the
leg bolt hole? Or could you take requests? Since some are one and
others are two holes I believe.

Any chance of reproing the leg plates? I would definitely have an
interest in a few sets of those. And I guess I'd have an interest in
the Army Navy cash box as well.

pr

Gott Lieb?

Apr 4, 2011, 4:44:41 PM4/4/11
This is fantastic news! I intend on owning a World's Series someday,
and I'm sure your parts services will be called upon. I would love to
have an Army Navy too, but unless I fall into one, that will probably
never happen.

Thanks for taking over for Hal!

Jim

On Apr 4, 8:35 am, Nate <nath...@spectralogic.com> wrote:
> Greetings RGP Group,
>
> Quick note from a Rock-Ola pinball collector.  For nearly twenty years
> Hal O'Rourke provided parts for the antique Rock-Ola pinball machines
> which included the World’s Series, World’s Fair Jigsaw, Army Navy and
> several others.  The supply unfortunately ended with Hal’s passing
> early in 2010.
>
> Our family collects Rock-Ola mechanical pinball machines which were
> made between 1932 and 1939.  Four months ago my family and I purchased
> the assets of the Rock-Ola pinball parts business from Susan O’Rourke,
> wife of the late Hal O’Rourke.
>
> After quite a bit of work we have managed to source nearly all of the
> parts that Hal provide including marquees, castings, springs, balls,
> labels, leg plates, doors, lockdown bars, instruction sheets, various
> screws, bolts, wire gates, etc—all of which we now have in stock.
> Also we obtained some surplus parts from a few World’s Series and
> Jigsaw games, such as the complex castings.  If you break or need an
> unusual or critical part to bring a game back to life, we may have it.
>

> All details can be viewed atwww.buckwerx.com.  We have details on

Nate

Apr 4, 2011, 8:03:43 PM4/4/11
On Apr 4, 2:44 pm, "Gott Lieb?" <r...@papinball.com> wrote:
> This is fantastic news!  I intend on owning a World's Series someday,
> and I'm sure your parts services will be called upon.  I would love to
> have an Army Navy too, but unless I fall into one, that will probably
> never happen.

I wish there were more Army Navy games. I searched for 2 years could
only confirm the existance of 8 (plus a 9th that a collector mentioned
to me last week). On the other hand a collector friend estimates that
there are 500-700 World's Series machines and 200-400 Jigsaws still in
existance.

With production of 70,000 World's Series and 50,000 Jigsaw games they
are still the highest production pinball machines ever.

-Nate

Taylor-VA

Apr 4, 2011, 8:58:30 PM4/4/11
70,000?!!

Seriously?

I played a world series and it was easily one of the coolest games I
have ever played.

miracleman

Apr 5, 2011, 2:26:37 AM4/5/11
Thank You for your efforts to keep these games working and looking
great!