FS: Original Atari paintings (one of a kind and authentic)

T. Haagen

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that the son of Atari's great lead artist,
George Opperman, has asked me to offer for sale two original paintings
of the backglass artwork for the Atarians and for Middle Earth pinball
games which were produced in the late 1970's.

Theses pieces have been appraised by a professional art dealer at the
following values (negotiable):

- Atarians $ 5000.00

- Middle Earth $ 2500.00

George Opperman was the original creator of the Atari logo, and died
of lung cancer in November, 1985. These are the only two original Atari
paintings by this prestigious artists known to be currently offered for sale
to the general public, and for anyone that has seen the artwork, it is
truely amazing. I intend to place photos of the pieces on the Internet soon,
but wanted to give the pinball and arcade collecting community first crack
at owning these pieces.

I have seen a photo of the Middle Earth backglass on the Internet Pinball
Database, located at the Pinball Pasture Website:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/pinball/

Please only e-mail me if you are seriously interested in buying, and not
to tell me how expensive they are. You can contact me at haa...@teleport.com

Thanks for your time,

Travis Haagen

John Morrison

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

well - for my money

I will buy the BG from both games for next to nothing and then
build a frame - figure to be out at most $200. Just a slight savings.

jmm