Thanks to Herb Silvers

Scott Corson

Oct 6, 2010, 12:16:09 AM10/6/10
Just wanted to give kudos to Herb Silvers at Fabulous Fantasies for
taking care of a problem I had with EBD and Kiss overlays damaged in
shipment. He stands behind his sales 100%, and what beautiful
overlays. Just got the EBD on and it looks like a repro playfield.
Thanks again.

BF

Oct 21, 2010, 6:46:28 PM10/21/10

I can say the exact opposite about Silvers. He's a crook. Claims to
"ground up restore" pinballs, but does anything but. Shoddy work, both
from a cosmetic and mechanical/electrical point of view. And, he
charges outragous prices. Check out the link below (a post going back
a while) for a horror story regarding Herb Silvers. I had an
experience all too similiar. Not only had he not restored the pin, he
didn't even perform basic cleaning or maintenance. I spent a lot of
out-of-pocket cash getting the machine in proper working order. He
took advantage of someone relatively new to the field in the process.
Avoid this wannabe, self-described pinball savior at all costs.

Oh, and he'll always mention Slash to you, even claim he's a business
partner (he came by Herb's former shop one time years ago and that
somehow makes Herb and him lifelong buddies). Pathetic.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/4eb926e54798c3b2/813b8223d9b08aaa

BF

Oct 21, 2010, 6:49:28 PM10/21/10
On Oct 5, 9:16 pm, Scott Corson <silverballamusem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wanted to give kudos toHerbSilversat Fabulous Fantasies for

> taking care of a problem I had with EBD and Kiss overlays damaged in
> shipment.  He stands behind his sales 100%, and what beautiful
> overlays.  Just got the EBD on and it looks like a repro playfield.
> Thanks again.

I can say the exact opposite about Silvers. He's a crook. Claims to

Daina Pettit

Oct 22, 2010, 10:09:20 PM10/22/10
In article <0dc4cbcd-15a8-4f41...@h37g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,

Thanks for posting this under your own name so you can take credit for it
and give your statement lots of credibility.

What's your name? Billy Farty? Wow, you've got to be brave to admit to a
name like that. Hat's off to you!

--
Daina Pettit=da...@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
Linux Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com

Grojohn

Oct 23, 2010, 1:09:56 AM10/23/10
On Oct 22, 9:09 pm, da...@shell.xmission.com (Daina Pettit) wrote:
> In article <0dc4cbcd-15a8-4f41-88da-f36d9ac50...@h37g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,

Fuck Herb!

Chaz

Oct 23, 2010, 11:04:17 AM10/23/10
> Fuck Herb!- Hide quoted text -

When I was a newbie about 6 years ago I bought a (Ground up restore)
Williams Heat Wave from Herb,
I don't want to remember how much I paid. I have yet to repaint the
backbox the right color sheme.
I took me two weekends to clean the inside of the game , the motor was
full of grease, rusted lockdown bar mech. wrong ball lift rod , wrong
bumper caps, wrong flipper bats,wrong drop target.
He did a few touchups on the playfield that looked like they were done
by a 4 year old.
(My wife redid a good job) thanks Goof Off. The Cabinet has webbing on
the sides that Williams did not have. (I'm sure I forgot a few things)
The backglass is a translite. My one and only experience
with Herb, was a 'FABULOUS NIGHTMARE' I cringe everytime I see one of
is Ads.
Chaz.

Pinball Plus

Oct 23, 2010, 12:50:06 PM10/23/10
On Oct 5, 9:16 pm, Scott Corson <silverballamusem...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have used a couple overlays and they work nice. I would reccomend
using leds where ever possible to cut down on the heat . Ive seen the
adhesive have issues with the heat and the overlay will come up.

BF

Oct 27, 2010, 6:16:15 PM10/27/10
On Oct 23, 8:04 am, Chaz <i006...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> On Oct 23, 1:09 am, Grojohn <carnie...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 22, 9:09 pm, da...@shell.xmission.com (Daina Pettit) wrote:

> > > Thanks for posting this under your own name so you can take credit for it
> > > and give your statement lots of credibility.
>
> > > What's your name?  Billy Farty?  Wow, you've got to be brave to admit to a
> > > name like that.  Hat's off to you!
>
> > > --
> > > Daina Pettit=da...@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
> > > Linux Consulting      Salt Lake City, Utah      http://www.MrPinball.com
> > > Mr. Pinball Classified--More Pinball Ads than ANYWHERE, and they're FREE!
>
> > FuckHerb!- Hide quoted text -

> When I was a newbie about 6 years ago I bought a (Ground up restore)
> Williams Heat Wave fromHerb,
> I don't want to remember how much I paid. I have yet to repaint the
> backbox the right color sheme.
> I took me two weekends to clean the inside of the game , the motor was
> full of grease, rusted lockdown bar mech. wrong ball lift rod , wrong
> bumper caps, wrong flipper bats,wrong drop target.
> He did a few touchups on the playfield that looked like they were done
> by a 4 year old.
> (My wife redid a good job) thanks Goof Off. The Cabinet has webbing on
> the sides that Williams did not have. (I'm sure I forgot a few things)
> The backglass is a translite. My one and only experience
> withHerb, was a 'FABULOUS NIGHTMARE' I cringe everytime I see one of
> is Ads.
> Chaz.- Hide quoted text -

This is my real name and my experience with Herb Silvers was
unfortunately all too real. You gotta a problem with my name? - Billy

BF

Oct 27, 2010, 6:20:50 PM10/27/10
On Oct 23, 8:04 am, Chaz <i006...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> On Oct 23, 1:09 am, Grojohn <carnie...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 22, 9:09 pm, da...@shell.xmission.com (Daina Pettit) wrote:

> > > Thanks for posting this under your own name so you can take credit for it
> > > and give your statement lots of credibility.
>
> > > What's your name?  Billy Farty?  Wow, you've got to be brave to admit to a
> > > name like that.  Hat's off to you!
>
> > > --
> > > Daina Pettit=da...@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
> > > Linux Consulting      Salt Lake City, Utah      http://www.MrPinball.com
> > > Mr. Pinball Classified--More Pinball Ads than ANYWHERE, and they're FREE!
>
> > FuckHerb!- Hide quoted text -

> When I was a newbie about 6 years ago I bought a (Ground up restore)
> Williams Heat Wave fromHerb,
> I don't want to remember how much I paid. I have yet to repaint the
> backbox the right color sheme.
> I took me two weekends to clean the inside of the game , the motor was
> full of grease, rusted lockdown bar mech. wrong ball lift rod , wrong
> bumper caps, wrong flipper bats,wrong drop target.
> He did a few touchups on the playfield that looked like they were done
> by a 4 year old.
> (My wife redid a good job) thanks Goof Off. The Cabinet has webbing on
> the sides that Williams did not have. (I'm sure I forgot a few things)
> The backglass is a translite. My one and only experience
> withHerb, was a 'FABULOUS NIGHTMARE' I cringe everytime I see one of
> is Ads.
> Chaz.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, that's Herb's work. I also have crappy "touch-ups" on the
playfield. If I only knew then what I know now. How Silvers sleeps at
night knowing he is a fraud is beyond me. I wonder where his repro
King of Diamonds is now. Anybody have a deposit for one and not
received the machine to date? I would be shocked if he ever ends up
releasing those pins - Billy

mike

Oct 27, 2010, 6:28:32 PM10/27/10
On Oct 23, 8:04 am, Chaz <i006...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Chaz.- Hide quoted text -

So I have this straight. All those things were wrong with the game,
and you bought it anyway? Who's the fool!

seymour.shabow

Oct 27, 2010, 6:58:11 PM10/27/10
mike wrote:

> So I have this straight. All those things were wrong with the game,
> and you bought it anyway? Who's the fool!

Bet he had it shipped. My experience with FF restored games mirrors his
- looked at the EK EM that's in the Asbury PHof - looks nice from the
outside. Open it up, grease pit. Plus, the 'repaints' they do are
vinyl cut on the outside. Sure, easy for him to 'restore' stuff like
that, but it's not original and you can peel it away from the cab.

For the prices he's charging he should be doing things proper.

-scott CARGPB#29

BF

Oct 27, 2010, 7:07:27 PM10/27/10
On Oct 27, 3:28 pm, mike <wizb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 23, 8:04 am, Chaz <i006...@videotron.ca> wrote:

> > > FuckHerb!- Hide quoted text -

> > When I was a newbie about 6 years ago I bought a (Ground up restore)
> > Williams Heat Wave fromHerb,
> > I don't want to remember how much I paid. I have yet to repaint the
> > backbox the right color sheme.
> > I took me two weekends to clean the inside of the game , the motor was
> > full of grease, rusted lockdown bar mech. wrong ball lift rod , wrong
> > bumper caps, wrong flipper bats,wrong drop target.
> > He did a few touchups on the playfield that looked like they were done
> > by a 4 year old.
> > (My wife redid a good job) thanks Goof Off. The Cabinet has webbing on
> > the sides that Williams did not have. (I'm sure I forgot a few things)
> > The backglass is a translite. My one and only experience
> > withHerb, was a 'FABULOUS NIGHTMARE' I cringe everytime I see one of

> > is Ads.
> > Chaz.- Hide quoted text -

> So I have this straight. All those things were wrong with the game,
> and you bought it anyway? Who's the fool!- Hide quoted text -

Let's get this straight - Herb Silvers has no right to take advantage
of anyone, period. You are either a Herb cronie or don't know the guy.
Suck it hard, Mike. -Billy