Pinballs on Cruise Ships

gnrbv

Sep 20, 2011, 10:30:36 AM9/20/11
I am planning my first ever cruise on the Carnival Ship "Pride". It
says it has an arcade, does anybody know if I can expect pinballs to
be there. With the money cruise ships take in, you would think it
would be stacked full of high end games like Monster Bash, Cactus
Canyon and titles like that.

Dan Q very much

Sep 20, 2011, 10:38:43 AM9/20/11
Um, no, don't expect any, much less A listers. I've been on five
different Carnival ships and none had a single pin.

The one time I've seen a pin on a cruise ship was a WOF on the MSC
Poesia, and the damned thing was set to Italian!
Message has been deleted

hassell castle

Sep 20, 2011, 10:52:52 AM9/20/11

Just returned from the Carnival Ecstacy in July. There were some late
model arcade games in there but no pins.

--
hassell castle
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

popbumper.com

Sep 20, 2011, 10:41:28 AM9/20/11
Same thoughts here - I doubt you'll see a pin. I didn't on my last
cruise. The arcade had some decent vids - mostly racing simulators of
various flavors. I was very hungry for a pin to play ... had to settle
for a little Future and Visual Pin on the laptop.

-Rob
www.popbumper.com

gearheaddroppings

Sep 20, 2011, 10:55:58 AM9/20/11
I have been on two Norwegian ships that have had pins. The last one I
was on had a POTC and WPT, both in pretty decent shape.

Robert G.

Sep 20, 2011, 11:50:20 AM9/20/11
Must be interesting to play in rough seas - in that case I bet every pin
would play like Orbitor 1.

Bob

"gearheaddroppings" <tpve...@gmail.com> wrote in message

teekee

Sep 20, 2011, 11:49:47 AM9/20/11
On Sep 20, 10:30 am, gnrbv <ad...@wvfirefighters.com> wrote:

Oasis of the Seas... nice arcade, no pins

ovfdfireman

Sep 20, 2011, 12:07:26 PM9/20/11

Never been on a cruise...but how would you keep the pin level? Waves?

--
ovfdfireman

Greg

www.ovfdfireman.com

Rob R

Sep 20, 2011, 12:11:01 PM9/20/11
"Robert G." <miste...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:j5acnh$jcq$1@dont-
email.me:

> I have been on two Norwegian ships that have had pins. The last one I
> was on had a POTC and WPT, both in pretty decent shape.

What NCL ships have you been on that had pins? All of the ships I have
cruised on only had video games.

Rob

Pinballed

Sep 20, 2011, 12:17:04 PM9/20/11
I'm curious also...how do they keep the pins level? I would imagine
Billiards gets a bit interesting too! Eight ball in the corner
pocket...ok, ALL the balls in the corner pocket!

Jonny O

Sep 20, 2011, 11:38:14 AM9/20/11
My mom worked in travel up until about a year ago and I used to work
shore staff for extra scratch. While a cruise vacation can be
expensive for anyone, Carnival is not considered a premium line.
Their offerings fall in the mid to budget range.

However, given the enormous number of senior citizens cruises attract,
woodrails would probably be quite popular.

Miku

Sep 20, 2011, 1:04:13 PM9/20/11

Computer controlled gyroscopes. Really, not making it up.

--
Miku

teekee

Sep 20, 2011, 1:09:59 PM9/20/11
These are ships not boats! All the mega ships I've been on ride smooth
and level. They have high tech leveling systems that keep the ships
pretty smooth and level most of the time. Hard to tell your on a ship.
Sure at times there might be a slight shift here or a bump there but
pins would be just fine on mega ships of today. Would you want to hold
a serious pinball tournament on a cruise ship? Probably not. For
everyday play and entertainment they would be fine.

John Inc

Sep 20, 2011, 3:39:34 PM9/20/11
gnrbv <ad...@wvfirefighters.com> wrote in news:ec22dc63-9207-4568-8904-
c40fd5...@b6g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:
“Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd
ask for a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth
you'd probably be able to get a lot of free games.” -- Jack Handey

bara...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2011, 4:40:09 PM9/20/11
I was on the carnvial glory. No pins :( Crappy arcade too.

Been on princess ships too. No pins either :(

goatdan

Sep 20, 2011, 6:14:07 PM9/20/11
There was a Caribbean Cruise on the Big Red Boat back in the day.

These boats are large enough that it isn't like the game is swinging
the ball all over. I felt the boat a little on our first day (and it
was a "small" boat that has since been decommissioned) and the crew
said that was the roughest the boat had been in over a year. I didn't
even feel the boat after that point.

Ed in Texas

Sep 20, 2011, 10:02:49 PM9/20/11
On Sep 20, 9:30 am, gnrbv <ad...@wvfirefighters.com> wrote:

Why would you play pinball on a cruise ship? I love pinball, but come
on. Take a break from pinball and enjoy your cruise. There is so much
to do (or not do if you prefer) on a cruise.
-Ed

Starfighter

Sep 21, 2011, 12:17:27 AM9/21/11
Some video of a cruise ship pinball tournament. I'm the guy in black
and white striped sweater. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njt8Ae7Dqhc

-Mike

--
Starfighter

Riles

Sep 21, 2011, 12:38:29 AM9/21/11

Ridiculous!!! Great video!

-Riles

--
Riles

Flipper City Phoenix

Sep 21, 2011, 1:51:13 AM9/21/11
On Sep 20, 9:17 pm, Starfighter <starfighter...@gmail.com> wrote:

Great video!!!
but I was kind of expecting a guy to fly by holding onto a pinball
machine.

Mike G

Sep 21, 2011, 8:35:50 AM9/21/11
Yeah, a WhiteWater.

marcopolo

Sep 23, 2011, 9:25:01 AM9/23/11
how about a cruise theme pin...like the Poseidon?

Libre Life

Sep 13, 2022, 8:26:00 AM9/13/22
Seems to me right now it's worth choosing a cruise by price and by the beautiful places you can visit. There are a lot of budget cruises to different places, but I would personally recommend canary island cruises - https://cruisepanda.com/destinations/canary-islands It's a great option for both your first cruise and your next cruise because it's really beautiful there!