Game Plan MPU replacement?

Othello

Sep 13, 2022, 10:47:22 AM9/13/22
Life lesson, don't buy a pinball remotely without thorough visual
documentation.

Game Plan Foxy Lady needs a lot of lovin. The MPU and coin door assembly
are missing. Other things seem workable.

I did a few cursory web searches and found some references from years
ago about a custom replacement for the MPU-1 board. This board
reportedly works in all Game plan machines, both upright and cocktail.
The schematics and Gerber files are downloadable but this is a little
too DIY for me.

Where can I find replacement parts for my Game Plan model 110 cocktail
pinball machine? Marcos and Action Pinball have more generic pinball
parts but the MPU and coin door are pretty specific.

pacman...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2022, 3:47:36 PM9/13/22
This sounds like the machine that just sold at the Captains auction! Needs some love for sure

Othello

Sep 13, 2022, 10:46:03 PM9/13/22
On 9/13/2022 3:47 PM, pacman...@gmail.com wrote:
> This sounds like the machine that just sold at the Captains auction! Needs some love for sure

You are quite observant! I did indeed buy that machine. I bid on both
this one and Roy Clark The Entertainer but I hedged my bets. You never
know which bid's gonna work.

I have made a cursory assessment of the machine I received.

MPU-1 missing. Coin door missing. Coin accepter assembly seems intact.
Top glass intact. Wood case and playfield show no water damage. Wiring
harnesses seem complete and were not removed with MPU-1. Some playfield
wear but not terrible, just somewhat cracked paint. Rollover switches
are sticky. Power supply looks somewhat battered but may be intact;
voltage regulator and heat sink are sitting loose on the PS. Start and
flipper switches look broken. Rubbers are badly deteriorated or missing.
A little rust on back entry ramp rail. One remaining pinball is stuck in
the ball trough. I plucked a dried leaf from the entry ramp so you know
it has been stored well.

But you know, compared to many other machines I've seen over the years,
I don't think it is a lost cause. Like I've read in several repair sites
and manuals, it just takes a little patience and tenacity.

I have found a source for the MPU reproduction (6 week backorder on
pinballreplacementparts.com); now I need to find a coin door and bucket.
In the meantime I can test out the remaining components. I've downloaded
and ordered all the service manuals and schematics I could find.

I've been wanting to try this for 30 years; this will be my first actual
restoration. I hope to find a mentor out there to guide me through the
process.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John Robertson

Sep 23, 2022, 8:03:44 AM9/23/22
I think we have a GP coin door, will check stock at the shop later today...

I have a Game Plan support web page that may help you a bit:

https://www.flippers.com/gameplanTips.html

> I've been wanting to try this for 30 years; this will be my first actual
> restoration. I hope to find a mentor out there to guide me through the
> process.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com