I can not believe Google let this newsgroup go to shit !

Pin Del

May 19, 2022, 12:13:33 AMMay 19
Seems this place is no longer of any use other than the dope heads
trying to sell fake drugs !,

I enjoyed the ride for close tp 20 years, But not anymore !

Pin-Del,
CARGPB28

Othello

May 19, 2022, 10:11:56 AMMay 19
Message filters by sender have proven effective at cutting that junk.
Nevertheless, the volume of regular articles has slowed dramatically.

Newsgroup activity waxes and wanes; a week from now might see a
resurgence of articles. We don't know. Just keep talking about pinball!

Jim Milton

May 20, 2022, 4:24:02 AMMay 20
STOP CHATTING SHIT DICK HEAD!

Riles

May 20, 2022, 7:36:54 AMMay 20
I remember 20 years ago, drinking my coffee and reading RGP on saturday mornings. There were so many posts that a topic would go from top of the page to off the first page before you could finish reading it. Just ignore the trolls, spam and negativity. USENET = Free speech

diana anderson

May 21, 2022, 2:09:17 PMMay 21
No shit..I remember the same thing endless posts some funny shit some good advise..now just alot of BS drug sales dopers

John Robertson

May 21, 2022, 4:50:35 PMMay 21
Ah, there are still a few old-timers here dispensing advice if asked
nicely..

John ;-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

flippy

May 22, 2022, 2:26:14 AMMay 22
John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com> wrote in
John,

I've always appreciated your advice to questions.
Freely given at no charge.
Even if the topic doesn't concern me I
tuck the information learned into the
back of my head for future use.

Lots of readers (Including Del) never seemed
to learn the difference between usenet and
Google Groups.

Pinside is full of Euro/American fascists that
can't tolerate a dissenting opinion.
Especially some of the moderators.

nuff said

Lloyd Olson

May 22, 2022, 12:47:34 PMMay 22
On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 1:26:14 AM UTC-5, flippy wrote:

RGP is on Usenet. You can read it with a newsreader, or Google.

Google is on the internet and makes it available to read.
Google has no control over content on it.

LTG : )

diana anderson

May 22, 2022, 6:50:07 PMMay 22
Damm..Theres over 1/2 million pages to read in this group only to be shit on .. Yes the ride was fun and there were alot of good solid advise, great place to find parts,supplys,ect,or have bragging rights even the idiots and newbie's were fun to haze ,but todays threads here are 90% non pinball related and just worthless shit. Sucks it can't be like it was in the 90's but there still some old timers that still chime in to keep this NG going somewhat ( u know who u are).. but nothing like it was back then..Baby Boomers started this Group. Gen X kept it going, the Millennials made it take off and then Gen Z shit on it and now Gen A Killed it..

Koji Sato

May 23, 2022, 7:28:16 PMMay 23
On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 3:50:07 PM UTC-7, lwin...@gmail.com wrote:

> Damm..Theres over 1/2 million pages to read in this group only to be shit on .. Yes the ride was fun and there were alot of good solid advise, great place to find parts,supplys,ect,or have bragging rights even the idiots and newbie's were fun to haze ,but todays threads here are 90% non pinball related and just worthless shit. Sucks it can't be like it was in the 90's but there still some old timers that still chime in to keep this NG going somewhat ( u know who u are).. but nothing like it was back then..Baby Boomers started this Group. Gen X kept it going, the Millennials made it take off and then Gen Z shit on it and now Gen A Killed it..

It may have a resurgence one day. The key benefit unlike other platforms, is that the information here is not owned or controlled by any particular third party.. in that way it has yet to be made obsolete and the historical record can be saved...

pinballtom

May 24, 2022, 12:00:10 PMMay 24
I remember when it was hosted by Deja-Vu news group before Google took it over.

Scott Lurndal

May 24, 2022, 12:01:53 PMMay 24
Pin Del <delma...@gmail.com> writes:
>Seems this place is no longer of any use other than the dope heads
>trying to sell fake drugs !,
>
>I enjoyed the ride for close tp 20 years, But not anymore !

It has nothing whatsover to do with google, or google groups.

Look up USENET on wikipedia.

pinballtom

May 27, 2022, 6:52:20 PMMay 27
ooops