Whos hoarding what NOS parts ?

Alan Meyer

Jul 16, 2001, 7:24:22 PM7/16/01
What parts are you sitting on you will possibly never use but won't
sell ?

I have
1 set of NOS Wired BK2K playfields
1 NOS Capt Fantastic Playfield
2 NOS BK plastic sets
2 NOS Firepower plastic sets
4 NOS F/14 plastic sets
3 NOS Black Knight spinner assemblies
2 NOS Gorgar spinners
3 NOS Firepower spinners
2 NOS Flash Spinners
2 NOS Barracorra spinners
2 sets of NOS High Speed spinner assemblies
OK,Thats it for me,what have you guys got ?
Alan

Dave Stambaugh

Jul 16, 2001, 7:46:46 PM7/16/01
I was "hoarding" some stuff, but I've recently sold most of it on ebay and
elsewhere. I now keep only what I consider to be "critical spares" for
certain games. Example would be troll assemblies for MM. I also keep a lot
of routine stuff like pop bumper parts.

I don't really understand the big-time hoarding. I mean, if you're pretty
sure you'll never use it, put it back in circulation and let another
collector benefit from it. (I don't necessarily mean you Alan, I'm
referring to anyone who might be sitting on parts for no good reason).

-dave

"Alan Meyer" <alan...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

VetteMan48

Jul 16, 2001, 8:00:29 PM7/16/01
>What parts are you sitting on you will possibly never use but won't
>sell ?

I'm heavy into PB200 parts but I own 4 of them and operate two and am hoarding
parts I feel might be useful among them being: glass, populated playfields for
both, coils, poppers, switches, plastics, motherboards, prisms, powerboards,
monitor etc. I intend on keeping these machines from becoming expensive
furniture.

Also parts like poppers for MB, MM and AFM.

MB and JY playfields, coin doors, lots of plastic sets etc.
Ron

Matthew

Jul 16, 2001, 8:05:28 PM7/16/01
O.K., here's my list:

<blank>

Matthew

Richard Wiski

Jul 16, 2001, 10:07:43 PM7/16/01
When you hoard pinball parts it's considered one of the deadly sins "GREED"
He who dies with pinball parts get a strait ticket to Hell:)
Give em to me before it's too late.

Rich W

Byron Turner

Jul 16, 2001, 10:32:39 PM7/16/01
The closest I can come is some extra plastics made by - Alan Meyer...
;-)

Well, I have a set of NOS TZ plastics for my TZ.

Oh, and a NOS Cyclone playfield! (But I DO have a Cyclone.)

-Byron

G-MAN

Jul 16, 2001, 10:52:41 PM7/16/01
I'm hoarding nothing. but I could hoard some Gottlieb Spirit of '76 stuff
or other EM stuff.......

Seriously tho' .. I have an NOS set of Godzilla plastics that need a new
home...
The G-Man
Spirit of '76
Big Indian
Jungle Princess
Olympic Hockey
Buck Rogers
High Speed
F14 Tomcat
Airborne Avenger
Grand Prix
Vulcan
Dragon

The_Black_Knight

Jul 16, 2001, 11:49:24 PM7/16/01
Alan,

I have a spare NOS or good used ramp for almost every plastic ramp used in
each of my games. Whitewater, is my only exception (I don't have them all).
Plus, about 1000 lbs of other spare parts (Whew!)
This is includes TZ, CFTBL, WW, TAF, STTNG, IJ, T2, ToM, etc, etc.

The_Black_Knight

Lloyd R Olson

Jul 17, 2001, 12:01:59 AM7/17/01

Byron Turner <btu...@pressenter.com> wrote in message

> The closest I can come is some extra plastics made by - Alan Meyer...
> ;-)
>
> Well, I have a set of NOS TZ plastics for my TZ.
>
> Oh, and a NOS Cyclone playfield! (But I DO have a Cyclone.)
>
> -Byron

You are a wild man Byron. Hope you can make it to the "Mona Geesa" party on
August 11. LTG :)

Jack Rabbit's Laptop

Jul 17, 2001, 2:18:36 AM7/17/01
jeff heres your CF playfield

Alan Meyer wrote:

--
See me at www.jackrabbitshipping.com or call me ANYTIME
at 480-200-4321 if you want it fast and in One piece... kgf

The schedule page is.....
http://www.angelfire.com/games2/JackRabbitShipping/Schedule_Page.htm

Paypal address is
jack_rabbi...@hotmail.com

Jack Rabbit's Laptop

Jul 17, 2001, 2:20:14 AM7/17/01
NO kidding Dave who in the hell has all of the PoolSharks PF plastics????? for
three years and no parts

Dave Stambaugh wrote:

Fred Kemper

Jul 17, 2001, 1:13:06 AM7/17/01
I have:

1 NOS TZ clock
1 New Pinball Lizard clock board set (Protos)
1 NOS Champion Pub pf
1 NOS Atilla the Hun pf
1 NOS Cyclone ramp
1 NOS Pinbot skill shot ramp
1 NOS MM Dragon wings (I hope I don't need them!)
1 NOS RFM skip ramp
2 NOS RFM martians
1 NOS RoboCop bg
1 NOS Pinball Pool bg
1 NOS Elvira translight
1 NOS Scared Stiff spider PCB
1 NOS Dracula long range opto PCB

Probably some other stuff around here, too..........

Fred
TX
=========================

"Alan Meyer" <alan...@earthlink.net> wrote

1Ripper

Jul 17, 2001, 7:30:14 AM7/17/01
I have a pile of NOS plastics for Simpsons. I bought a complete set about 2
years ago but only used a few. I recently sold one piece... but that's
it!!

NOS pop bumpers (nuclear towers), drop target stickers, ramp stickers,
playfield plastics... Never know when I might need one! :)

Bill

gra

Jul 17, 2001, 10:26:43 AM7/17/01
MACHINE ID NUMBER TYPE

TERMINATOR 2 PLAYFIELD NOS
METEOR PLAYFIELD

DEMOLTION MAN 31-1919-3 SLINGSHOTS NOS
DEMOLTION MAN 31-1919-18 SLINGSHOTS NOS
THEATRE OF MAGIC SLINGSHOTS NOS
FISHTALES 31-1676-22SP SLINGSHOTS
FISHTALES 31-1676-24-SP SLINGSHOTS
FISHTALES DAMAGED 31-1676-2SP SLINGSHOTS
FISH TALES 31-1676-2SP SLINGSHOTS
FISH TALES 31-1676-24 SLINGSHOTS
FISHTALES DAMAGED 31-1676-23 SLINGSHOTS
FISH TALES 03-8612 MULTI BALL REEL
FISH TALES 31-1676-24 SLINGSHOTS
FISHTALES DAMAGED 31-1676-23 SLINGSHOTS
FISHTALES DAMAGED 31-1676-24 SLINGSHOTS
FISHTALES DAMAGED 31-1676-24 SLINGSHOTS
FISHTALES DAMAGED 31-1676-23 SLINGSHOTS
FISHTALES LEAF SWITCH
FISH TALES 31-1676-23 SLINGSHOTS
DR WHO 31-1681-2-SP SLINGSHOTS
DR WHO 31-1681-1-SP SLINGSHOTS
DR WHO 31-1681-16-SP PLAYFIELD PLASTIC
DR WHO 03-8654 (3) A-15500 5-TARGET ASSEM
DR WHO 31-1681-16-SP PLAYFIELD PLASTIC BUMPER
DR WHO 2 SWITCH COVER OFF RAMP
GLOBE COVERS 2 YELLOW
GLOBE COVERS 2 BLUE
GLOBE COVERS 1 RED
GLOBE COVERS 1 WHITE
GLOBE COVERS 1 GREEN
SPRINGS 7
CREATURE BLACK LAGOON 31-1698A-1 SLINGSHOTS NOS
CREATURE BLACK LAGOON 31-1698A-1 SLINGSHOTS NOS
CREATURE BLACK LAGOON 31- 1698A-2 SLINGSHOTS NOS
CREATURE BLACK LAGOON 31- 1698A-2 SLINGSHOTS NOS
CREATURE BLACK LAGOON 31- 1698A-2 SLINGSHOTS NOS
INDY 500 SLINGSHOTS NOS
INDY 500 A-19820-1 ILLUMINATED TGT ASSY
INDY 500 KEY TAGS
JUDGE DREDD 31-1788-22 SLINGSHOTS NOS
JUDGE DREDD 31-1788-24 SLINGSHOTS NOS
ADAMS FAMILY 20-9247 MAGNETIC COIL
ROLL PIN 20-8716-5 PIN
STAR TREK NG 31-1803-17-SP PLAYFIELD PLASTIC
STAR TREK NG COMPLETE RUBBER KIT
STAR TREK NG 31-1803-7SP PLAYFIELD PLASTIC
MAVERICK 03A SLINGSHOTS NOS
MAVERICK 04A SLINGSHOTS NOS
TOMMY 09 SLINGSHOTS NOS
TOMMY 14 SLINGSHOTS NOS
TOMMY 09 SLINGSHOTS NOS
TOMMY 14 SLINGSHOTS NOS
TOMMY KEY TAGS
RED BUPPER CAPS EBD BUMPER CAPS
NBA FASTBREAK SLINGSHOTS NOS
NBA FASTBREAK SLINGSHOTS NOS
NBA FASTBREAK KEY TAGS
SPACE JAM -12 PLAYFIELD PLASTIC
FLINTSTONES 31-1977-17 SLINGSHOTS NOS
FLINTSTONES 31-1977-13 SLINGSHOTS NOS
JUNKYARD SLINGSHOTS NOS
JUNKYARD SLINGSHOTS NOS
STAR WARS DATA EAST 15 SLINGSHOTS NOS
STAR WARS DATA EAST 12 SLINGSHOTS NOS
STAR WARS DATA EAST 15 SLINGSHOTS NOS
STAR WARS DATA EAST 12 SLINGSHOTS NOS
STAR WARS KEY TAGS
STAR WAR * -09 SLINGSHOTS NOS
STAR WAR * -08 SLINGSHOTS NOS
FRANKEINSTEIN * -04A SLINGSHOTS NOS
FRANKEINSTEIN * SLINGSHOTS NOS
FRANKEINSTEIN * KEY TAG
BATMAN FOREVER SEGA SLINGSHOTS NOS
THE GETAWAY 1674-21 SLINGSHOTS NOS
THE GETAWAY 1674-17 SLINGSHOTS NOS
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS C-18395 SLINGSHOTS NOS
TILT DAMPENER 20A-8949 PENDULUM TILT

1Ripper <rip...@fast.net> wrote in message

Jim Bryant

Jul 17, 2001, 11:03:35 AM7/17/01
I have Funhouse NOS parts..... Playfield, Rudy parts, plastics ramps,pretty
much all the parts that wear out
but I have a mint Funhouse that I want to stay mint.
plus a NOS Playboy playfield and backglass for my almost mint Playboy. I
have a few more Misc. pieces for games I hope to get in the future. oh and
of course the standard collectable NOS TZ clock!!...but still looking for
Proto TZ with the extra magnet

Orin A. Day

Jul 17, 2001, 10:02:10 AM7/17/01
In article <khp6ltg13ki3a9lo4...@4ax.com>,

Alan Meyer <alan...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>What parts are you sitting on you will possibly never use but won't
>sell ?

Only because most are oddballs rather than "hoard" items, I just
haven't been motivated to do a closet-cleaning sale like Ted. The
only thing I've really "hoarded" is your excellent repro TZ plastics
(no TZ yet). Since we're talking about parts I won't begin to talk
about N/W 50's EM's. :)

OK, off the top of my head...

NOS
---
1 Wired Maverick Playfield (has anybody ever seen a Maverick with wear?)
4 Apollo 13 Membrane Switches
1 Apollo 13 Rocket (signed by Jim Lovell)
1 Tommy Playfield (My coffeetable! - had a custom glass top made for it,
a LAH whitewood playfield is the bottom half with legs screwed in, Tommy
rests on top for easy removal if needed)
1 Frankenstein Playfield (on display)
1 Simpsons Playfield (stuck in the attic with some other PF's)
3 Space Jam 3-D Backglasses
1 GnR Rose Plunger
1 Frankenstein Ball Launch Switch
1 Powerball

NWS (W == Weird!)
---
1 mini-Viper whitewood playfield
1 Space Jam whitewood playfield (original insert layout)
1 Space Jam whitewood playfield (interim insert layout)
2 *1"* diameter Powerballs (don't try this at home kids)
1 Space Jam "traditional" backbox (only one made)
1 Data East Pulp Fiction translite (two were made)
1 Data East Marvel Avengers translite (ten+ were made)
1 Data East Aaron Spelling complete plastic set, unpunched
1 Data East Aaron Spelling partial plastic set
1 Data East Michael Jordan partial plastic set
1 3-Bank Standup for Tommy Prototype

UWS (U == Used; W == Weird)
---
1 Maverick *wide-body* playfield (stripped)
1 Sega Derby Days playfield (stripped)

Other
-----
1 ugly silver Data East jacket with NOS patches and my name on it. :)

OD

--
---
Orin Day

Kim

Jul 17, 2001, 3:44:23 PM7/17/01
Hmmm, let's see

NOS Addam's Family playfield (2nd run)
NOS Addam's Family plastic set
NOS Shadow playfield (I do intend to use it after getting it clearcoated
though)
NOS Shadow plastic set (have to finish scanning it before I use the pieces that
are broken on mine)
NOS WhoDunnit playfield (again, after clearcoating it I will use it)
NOS WhoDunnit plastic set
NOS WhoDunnit slot machine decals
NOS Theatre of Magic plastic set (got to scan the plastics, and then I'll use
the slingshot plastics)
NOS Theatre of Magic decals (trap door, spinner, trunk)
NOS Theatre of Magic trunk
NOS Dracula plastic set (I have a lot of broken plastic on my Drac which I'll
replace after I've scanned the pieces)
MM Troll assemblies & heads (2 each)
MM drawbridge assembly
A couple of martians
A T-Rex head
backglass plastic for Goldeneye, Junkyard
and the spinning plastic from Hurricane(?)

Kim Brennan
"My name is my passport. Verify me"
Duo Info Page: http://members.aol.com/kim/computer/duo/duoindex.html
This account has a permit list. No other mail will be accepted.

Russel Willoughby

Jul 17, 2001, 4:29:34 PM7/17/01
On 17 Jul 2001 14:02:10 GMT, lob...@lobsterdevil.com (Orin A. Day)
wrote:

>1 Sega Derby Days playfield (stripped)

You've got a lot of intriguing stuff there, but I have to ask about
this one in particular. What was this game?

Russel Willoughby
<< rus...@bellsouth.net >>

Alan Meyer

Jul 17, 2001, 6:04:06 PM7/17/01
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:24:22 GMT, Alan Meyer <alan...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

OOPS !
I also have the following !
NOS BK2K plastic set
NOS Jungle Lord plastic set
2 NOS Pinbot orange Vortex ramps
1 NOS Goalie unit for WCS94
7 TOM magic trunks
1 NOS red Pinbot backbox topper

Chris Hehman

Jul 17, 2001, 7:18:43 PM7/17/01
Alan Meyer wrote:

> I have
<...>

> 3 NOS Black Knight spinner assemblies
> 2 NOS Gorgar spinners
> 3 NOS Firepower spinners
> 2 NOS Flash Spinners
> 2 NOS Barracorra spinners
> 2 sets of NOS High Speed spinner assemblies

How does one end up with 14 extra spinners?

My hoard of never-to-be-used parts consists entirely of an orange
super-bouncy gopher from early NGG tests. Who wants to trade for a NIB
MM (only if you pay shipping)?

--Hehman

Byron Turner

Jul 17, 2001, 9:58:26 PM7/17/01
Like I'd miss one of your parties!

-Byron

Keith P. Johnson

Jul 17, 2001, 10:33:06 PM7/17/01
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:29:34 GMT, rus...@bellsouth.net (Russel
Willoughby) wrote:

>On 17 Jul 2001 14:02:10 GMT, lob...@lobsterdevil.com (Orin A. Day)
>wrote:
>
>>1 Sega Derby Days playfield (stripped)
>
>You've got a lot of intriguing stuff there, but I have to ask about
>this one in particular. What was this game?

Derby Days (or was it Daze?) and its cousin game, Roach Racers, were
novelty games shown at a show but never produced. Basically, it was
about a Cut the Cheese size cabinet I think, but more traditional
pinball based. You could put in almost any number of balls, the game
would just keep autoplunging anything in the trough. There were I
believe 12 standup targets, 3 each of 4 different colors, 4 along the
left, 4 along the right, and 4 in the middle. In the top third or so
of the playfield, there were NINE jet bumpers, each labelled a certain
way. The gist of the game was that you picked which color horse or
roach you wanted to be, and were trying to hit your color targets to
advance it. The jet bumpers were labelled with things like "move YOUR
horse/roach", "move LOSING horse/roach", "move OTHER (not yours)
horse/roach", "move RANDOM horse/roach"... maybe a couple others. So
each jet would move some horse/roach, and whatever color target you
hit you would also advance that horse/roach.

Other than the 9 bumpers, the other noteworthy things about these
games were that they used super-long flippers, I'm talking like 3-4
inches. Fairly amusing, really. You could still aim at the given
targets pretty well, though. Also, they used the big-dot displays
(192x64) mounted underneath the playfield, and vertically (so it was
64x192, basically).

You would get tickets based on whether you took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th
place. If you played again after winning, the tickets would be worth
more. If you got the "triple crown" which was to win 3 games in a
row, you would get the progessive ticket jackpot.

I think that about covers it.

keith
--
At one time I had random Your Mother jokes down here.
Maybe someday they'll return...

The_Black_Knight

Jul 17, 2001, 10:46:23 PM7/17/01
Concidently,

Would anyone like to trade a NOS Rudy Head Assembly (the WHOLE ball of wax
including complete with new gearset and motor), for anything of significant
of value (i.e multiple NOS ramps)????

The_Black_Knight

Orin A. Day

Jul 17, 2001, 11:23:28 PM7/17/01
In article <9ls9lts6kdrq089mi...@4ax.com>,

Keith P. Johnson <pin-w...@home.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:29:34 GMT, rus...@bellsouth.net (Russel
>Willoughby) wrote:
>
>>On 17 Jul 2001 14:02:10 GMT, lob...@lobsterdevil.com (Orin A. Day)
>>wrote:
>>
>>>1 Sega Derby Days playfield (stripped)
>>
>>You've got a lot of intriguing stuff there, but I have to ask about
>>this one in particular. What was this game?

>Derby Days (or was it Daze?) and its cousin game, Roach Racers, were
>novelty games shown at a show but never produced. Basically, it was
>about a Cut the Cheese size cabinet I think, but more traditional
>pinball based.

Pretty much so, the playfield was the same size as the standard playfield,
but it was made to look more like a novelty game than a pinball machine so
that we could charge novelty game prices. If anybody remembers the
golf-ball dispensing "Irons & Woods" game it was in a very similar cabinet
to that.

> You could put in almost any number of balls, the game
>would just keep autoplunging anything in the trough. There were I
>believe 12 standup targets, 3 each of 4 different colors, 4 along the
>left, 4 along the right, and 4 in the middle. In the top third or so
>of the playfield, there were NINE jet bumpers, each labelled a certain
>way. The gist of the game was that you picked which color horse or
>roach you wanted to be, and were trying to hit your color targets to
>advance it. The jet bumpers were labelled with things like "move YOUR
>horse/roach", "move LOSING horse/roach", "move OTHER (not yours)
>horse/roach", "move RANDOM horse/roach"... maybe a couple others. So
>each jet would move some horse/roach, and whatever color target you
>hit you would also advance that horse/roach.
>
>Other than the 9 bumpers, the other noteworthy things about these
>games were that they used super-long flippers, I'm talking like 3-4
>inches. Fairly amusing, really. You could still aim at the given
>targets pretty well, though. Also, they used the big-dot displays
>(192x64) mounted underneath the playfield, and vertically (so it was
>64x192, basically).

>You would get tickets based on whether you took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th
>place. If you played again after winning, the tickets would be worth
>more. If you got the "triple crown" which was to win 3 games in a
>row, you would get the progessive ticket jackpot.

>I think that about covers it.

Until it was time to share...the REST of the story! :)

DISCLAIMER: When I was working at Sega I heard all sorts of consipiracy
theories about how pinball machines had hidden magnets or software that
would screw the player when he/she got close to a replay - of course none
of this was true. (Aside: There was the Hook bangarang replay bug but
this was clearly a bug and was eventually fixed.) I'll look forward to a
post from Tommy about how the flippers collapsed after hitting 999
consecutive ramps on Star Wars. I'm also hoping that this is outside of
any non-disclosure agreements I signed with Data East waybackwhen. :)

ANYWAY, not unlike most novelty games, Derby Daze was often totally fixed
- it didn't always play fair. (Recall how the novelty game Cyclone seems
to deny a jackpot when you hit it "just right"? You're probably not
imagining it.)

The targets advanced horses all right, but not always as labelled. There
were enough balls on the playfield that the mayhem was very great - nobody
could tell if "the fix was on" or not. Many many people played the game
but nobody figured out that it was extremely "well-percentaged". When the
fix was on all the game did was play back a "movie" of a race - each
horsie/roach target moved the movie one frame forward.

The Paul Harveyesque kicker is that we were pretty much forced to do
the software this way, not to cheat people because people DIDN'T WIN
ENOUGH TICKETS!!! When the fix was on the player ALWAYS won the race -
when it wasn't on the player was on his/her own and most often lost.

If you did well at Derby Daze, maybe with a miraculous comeback to win
the first or second race, well, your confidence may have been just that.
But at least now you know...the rest of the Derby Daze/Roach Racers story!

O "glad to be posting more again" D

Barry Miller

Jul 18, 2001, 12:36:48 AM7/18/01
NOS Viper (Stern) Playfield
NOS Bally Lost World Playfield
NOS Spectrum Prototype Playfield
NOS Alvin G. World Tour Playfield

wrote:

>What parts are you sitting on you will possibly never use but won't

---------------------
www.PinballOwners.com

Blank (Prototype)
Blank (Bought this game NIB)
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

Mike Burke

Jul 18, 2001, 1:01:23 AM7/18/01
lob...@lobsterdevil.com (Orin A. Day) wrote:

>O "glad to be posting more again" D

So are we, esprcially with your additional "insider" information! :-)

Mikey
--
http://pinlinks.org - Pinball Game Web Index Site (595 Games, 1574 Sites)
http://wellingtonpinball.go.to - Wellington [New Zealand] Pinball Directory

Planet Pinball

Jul 18, 2001, 3:46:57 AM7/18/01
I beter speak up as well,
1 NOS Big Shot playfield
1 NOS Simpsons playfield
1 NOS Mata Hari playfield

Don't want to go to Hell. (do they play pinball in hell?)The Big shot
playfield and Mata Hari Playfield into my EM will be installed soon!
Don't really need the Simpsons make offers!!

Regards Rawdon

"Barry Miller" <ba...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Aeneas Verhe

Jul 18, 2001, 4:20:52 AM7/18/01
don't have anything nos..
only thing which is in perfect condition and what I don't need is a
Dolly Parton backglass.. if anyone's interested lemme know;.
Aeneas - averhe at hotmail dot com

Scott

Jul 18, 2001, 7:37:22 AM7/18/01
hmmm...

Off the top of my head...

NOS ToTan PF
NOS CV PF
NOS JD PF
NOS ToM left ramp
NOS MM Moat
NOS ToM Trunks (2)
NOS ToM Plastic set (2)
NOS MM Plastic set (2)
NOS MM Castle front
NOS MM Castle stickers (2)
NOS MM Castle motor, door, gate and gear assembly !!!
NOS WCS sticker set (complete)
NOS Goldeneye Left ramp
NOS Goldeneye Sticker set
NOS Goldeneye Plastic set
NOS Goldeneye Satellite
NOS JD Plastic Set
NOS ToTan Plastic Set
NOS ToTan Swirly Ramp
Used Totan Skill Shot
NOS Totan Sticker set
NOS ToTan Newton plastic
NOS MM Merlin gate plastic
NOS MM dragon wings
NOS Batman forever stickers
NOS Batman forever slings
NOS Totan Slings
NOS Batman Forever Gun
NOS CP Sling set
NOS MM Stickers
NOS ToM Stickers
NOS CV Ringmaster Head
Used CV Menagerie Ball Yellow
Used CV Plastics (incomplete)
Used WCS right metal ramp
Used WCS Soccer Ball
Every size rubber
Every size bulb
lamp sockets
WMS flipper bats
Bakelite connectors
Springs
Flipper buttons
Extra Balls

Scott

Greg P

Jul 18, 2001, 9:55:20 AM7/18/01
I don't have much but a few goodies......

1-NOS Wired Black Knight Playfield
1-NOS Funhouse Playfield, not Diamondplate though :-(
1-NOS Funhouse Plastics Set
1-NOS Funhouse Lower Ramp

and a bunch of non-machine specific wear and tear parts.

That's about it!

Greg

Russel Willoughby

Jul 18, 2001, 11:47:48 AM7/18/01
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:46:57 +1000, "Planet Pinball"
<pinba...@bigpond.com.au> wrote:

> Don't want to go to Hell. (do they play pinball in hell?)The Big shot

Do they play pinball in Hell? Of course -- there is an arcade full of
perfectly maintained Popeyes.

Russel Willoughby
<< rus...@bellsouth.net >>

Russel Willoughby

Jul 18, 2001, 11:58:46 AM7/18/01
On 18 Jul 2001 03:23:28 GMT, lob...@lobsterdevil.com (Orin A. Day)
wrote:

>ANYWAY, not unlike most novelty games, Derby Daze was often totally fixed

>- it didn't always play fair. (Recall how the novelty game Cyclone seems
>to deny a jackpot when you hit it "just right"? You're probably not
>imagining it.)

Cyclone is pretty obvious about it. There are times when the "win"
lamp will light for a split second... and then the light will actually
move in reverse to the previous lamp! I guess the target audience for
this game -- six-year-olds -- may not notice things like that.

>If you did well at Derby Daze, maybe with a miraculous comeback to win
>the first or second race, well, your confidence may have been just that.
>But at least now you know...the rest of the Derby Daze/Roach Racers story!

Thanks to you and Keith for telling us about it. It sounds like a
better game than Cut the Cheese, really.

Now, I know the story on the widebody Maverick game -- there was a
last-minute decree that the game be changed to standard width, so the
original widebody playfield was "squished" down in an amazingly short
period of time.

But I do wonder: Did any of the original widebody Maverick games
survive in complete, working condition? I always thought the released
game was quite good, especially considering its bizarre history -- so
naturally, I'd like to play the original game someday.

Russel Willoughby
<< rus...@bellsouth.net >>

Orin A. Day

Jul 18, 2001, 1:26:57 PM7/18/01
In article <3b55b234....@news.sdf.bellsouth.net>,

Russel Willoughby <rus...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>On 18 Jul 2001 03:23:28 GMT, lob...@lobsterdevil.com (Orin A. Day)
>wrote:

>>ANYWAY, not unlike most novelty games, Derby Daze was often totally fixed
>>- it didn't always play fair. (Recall how the novelty game Cyclone seems
>>to deny a jackpot when you hit it "just right"? You're probably not
>>imagining it.)

>Cyclone is pretty obvious about it. There are times when the "win"
>lamp will light for a split second... and then the light will actually
>move in reverse to the previous lamp! I guess the target audience for
>this game -- six-year-olds -- may not notice things like that.

High speed video pretty much confirmed that the light went backwards.

>>If you did well at Derby Daze, maybe with a miraculous comeback to win
>>the first or second race, well, your confidence may have been just that.
>>But at least now you know...the rest of the Derby Daze/Roach Racers story!

>Thanks to you and Keith for telling us about it. It sounds like a
>better game than Cut the Cheese, really.

It was aimed at a slightly different audience, the hard-core redemption
player would never play DDz or Roach because the game lasted too long. It
also didn't earn as much as a traditional redemption quarter-sucker for
the same reason - too much play time. Those games were knocking around
the factory at the old building, don't know if somebody like Mike Pacak
bought them or not. It was nice to revive the King Kong flipper.

>Now, I know the story on the widebody Maverick game -- there was a
>last-minute decree that the game be changed to standard width, so the
>original widebody playfield was "squished" down in an amazingly short
>period of time.

Actually it wasn't nearly as last minute as some other major changes that
happened during my DE/Sega days. The game went out on test with a
standard sized display and a widebody playfield even after we had a
narrow-body whitewood up and shooting. Why? To confuse the competition
(sorry WMS, Premier, & Capcom alums out there). There was definitely an
element of surprise when the narrow-body Maverick games with 192x64
display came to the show even as the widebody was still on test in a black
cabinet, IIRC it moved from Dennis' Place to Gala a week before the show
and stayed there even throughout the show. Too bad I missed that show, I
was in Japan at the JAMMA show.

>But I do wonder: Did any of the original widebody Maverick games
>survive in complete, working condition?

IIRC there was only one playfield that was built up, it's the stripped one
in my basement. The tech who stripped it was kind enough to save it for
me rather than put it in the dumpster. The ramps for that game were built
from wood forms and IIRC they were redone for the standard body version.
If it was ever rebuilt it would take a custom ramp as well as a custom
undertrough - the shot under the boat was really a shot rather than just a
captive ball! I don't recall exactly where it fed, I think there was some
sort of kicker lane at the bottom left, I'd have to look at the PF. I
don't know if the current software still has hooks for that kicker
position or not, but it would be a real pain to have to refabricate the
proper flatrails for the orbit shot. There'd also need to be a donor
widebody cabinet - WWF perhaps? It would be a lot of work for not a lot
of return IMO. The only real change was in the Lauren Belle area, the
angle of the drop targets to the player was less steep and of course the
hole under the boat. If somebody was ambitious they could remove the
captive ball, cut some sort of hole to an undertrough and feed it to the
blackjack hole which could be replaced with a Super-VUK, but there would
still be the issue of that switch scoring after the undertrough switch -
it would basically change the rules. The angle would still be wrong to
shoot the hole, and you'd need to leave enough wood that the drops would
still be supported from behind. It would be really tight, too tight for
us to do it that way for production anyway, that boat area was already a
focal point for other problems anyway.

>I always thought the released game was quite good, especially
>considering its bizarre history -- so naturally, I'd like to play the
>original game someday.

Maybe someday I'll post a webpage with side-by-side pictures (the
widebody also had different artwork that was changed or deleted from the
production version at the request of Warner Bros) but I wouldn't count
on that board being playable unless I recieve some sort of endowment. :)

OD

p.s. I still sometimes have nightmares about that first Maverick test,
when we went out the game had software that wasn't at all complete.
Every time you hit any drop target during regular play it drawled
"Mul-ty-ball Ready." That speech call must have been some minor sound
effect in GnR (the previous game). Unfortunately Google only goes back to
early 1995 so I can't find any of the "BETA:" messages there.

bobg...@aol.com

Jul 18, 2001, 3:07:52 PM7/18/01
I have little spare parts boxes for each of my games and also stuff
for sale or trade marked with (*)
Kiss - NOS translite and playfield, plastics, repro bumper caps
TZ, NOS clock decal, clock housing, lens, and decal plate, motor,
plastics, extra slingshots, bumper caps*,gumball plastic (with light
in middle - no light)*,minute and hour opto boards, extra optos, bare
and with "U" plastic
ToM, NOS plastics*, decal set (for trunk, spinner, trap door)*, trap
door flap,
magic trunk*, bumper caps*, shooter ramp assy*,crossover wire ramp
assy*,mirror plastic,curtain decal set
MM - troll carriage assemblies, castle front, castle gate, troll
switches with heads*, decals for trap door*, trap door flaps*, (flap
ramp, and drawbridge) decal set, decal set for right ramp*, wire
catapault ramp*, exploding castle tower kit [with troll flaps (4) and
flap decals(4)]*,dragon,dragon wings
RS - ted jaw, red hair, red eyelids, some gears and plungers for the
heads, plastic set, bumper caps*,speaker lucite panel with graphics*
TAF - plastics with pre-prototype 7 extra pieces (3 extra bugs, a
bush, and 3 pc castle door)*, electric chair*, magnet, bookcase base,
bookcase, bookcase cover*, bumper caps*, TAFG bumper caps*,
translite*,main ramp bare*,main ramp assy (possible trade)*
Indiana Jones - lane light hoods, biplane, drop targets, drop traget
decals, translite*, plastics,bumper caps*
STTNG - just put all NOS plastics, shuttle craft, etc on shopped game.
One large stand-up target,translite*,bumper caps*,alpha ramp
assy*,delta ramp assy*
Other parts FS (*) for machines that I don't have:
T2 - playfield*,bumper caps*,translite*,
SS - bumper caps*,bumper cap covers*,frogs*,plastics, translite*,
right ramp*, right bone lsing shot*,bony flippers,boogeymen,crate
decal, crate, coffin and playfield decal set - in process of buying SS
machine
Dr. Dude - plastic ramp*
Funhouse - upper ramp sub-assembly*
AFM - middle ramp assembly*
WCS - front ramp*,bottom ramp*
The Resuce - translite*
Cactus Canyon - translite*
Black Rose - translite*
Diner translite*
big guns - translite*
party zone - translite*
TOTAN translite*
CV - decal and plastic cover for boom balloon*,bumper caps*
Bugs Bunny translite*
The Machine BOP - translite*
WW - whirlpool ramp
MB front cabinet and both sides of head decals - plan to buy MB
SWE! - conversion kits*
Flyers* - MM,CV,MB,ToM,Indy 500,SWE1,NGG,CP,CC,JY,RFM,NBA
FastBreak,JackBot,Johnny Mnemonic,RS,Congo,Corvette,Whodunnit,Dirty
Harry,TOTAN

* = for sale or trade
Bob Antelman

-Coons,D.W.

Jul 18, 2001, 3:21:53 PM7/18/01
In article <9j4gt...@enews3.newsguy.com>,

Orin A. Day <lob...@lobsterdevil.com> wrote:
>In article <3b55b234....@news.sdf.bellsouth.net>,
>Russel Willoughby <rus...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>>Now, I know the story on the widebody Maverick game -- there was a
>>last-minute decree that the game be changed to standard width, so the
>>original widebody playfield was "squished" down in an amazingly short
>>period of time.
>
>Actually it wasn't nearly as last minute as some other major changes that
>happened during my DE/Sega days. The game went out on test with a
>standard sized display and a widebody playfield even after we had a
>narrow-body whitewood up and shooting. Why? To confuse the competition
>(sorry WMS, Premier, & Capcom alums out there). There was definitely an
>element of surprise when the narrow-body Maverick games with 192x64
>display came to the show even as the widebody was still on test in a black
>cabinet, IIRC it moved from Dennis' Place to Gala a week before the show
>and stayed there even throughout the show. Too bad I missed that show, I
>was in Japan at the JAMMA show.

I was there, and probably posted a beta report. There wasn't much remarkable
about the widebodied Maverick. In fact, it played like it was thrown together
to confuse the competition. If I remember correctly, the joke at Expo
that year was Joe how was trying to fool WMS with the game on test. Any WMS
already knew that it was going to be a regular sized game.

Don Coons
dco...@lucent.com
--
dco...@lucent.com
Office: 1-630-224-6680

Russel Willoughby

Jul 18, 2001, 4:12:18 PM7/18/01
On 18 Jul 2001 17:26:57 GMT, lob...@lobsterdevil.com (Orin A. Day)
wrote:

>Maybe someday I'll post a webpage with side-by-side pictures (the

>widebody also had different artwork that was changed or deleted from the
>production version at the request of Warner Bros) but I wouldn't count
>on that board being playable unless I recieve some sort of endowment. :)

Hmmm. I'll contribute ten bucks to the Widebody Maverick Resurrection
Fund. You'd probably need a more substantial endowment than that.

It would be nice to see the playfield, though.

>p.s. I still sometimes have nightmares about that first Maverick test,
>when we went out the game had software that wasn't at all complete.
>Every time you hit any drop target during regular play it drawled
>"Mul-ty-ball Ready." That speech call must have been some minor sound
>effect in GnR (the previous game). Unfortunately Google only goes back to
>early 1995 so I can't find any of the "BETA:" messages there.

You still have Maverick-related nightmares? That must mean you haven't
had any major work-related anxiety since 1994. :-)

Russel Willoughby
<< rus...@bellsouth.net >>

Kirb

Jul 18, 2001, 4:13:01 PM7/18/01
I only have a NOS "world tour" playfield (but who doesn't?)

Oh, and a NOS (and I mean REALLY NOS) Whitewood. Basicly a blank PF
with nothing attached. Someday that will house my custom game
controlled by a PLC that I picked up after it was no longer needed at
a work location.

Game concept? I am an engineer, therefore I cannot do anything
artistic. Name of the game? What else? "Whitewood". No art, just
inserts with lettering and a few ramps and such. Maybe I can get an
old codger to carve some ramps out of a hardwood. Two player which I
may even put the score reels set into the playfield.

who knows, I'll have grey hair before that project sees the light of
day.

Kirb

Ed B.

Jul 18, 2001, 7:29:56 PM7/18/01
I've been buying / hoarding NOS KISS Lane Guides.. EL