Re: RARE 1960 WILLIAMS "JUNGLE" EM PINBALL FOR SALE!

Message has been deleted

Sam

Feb 17, 2017, 1:28:59 AM2/17/17
And here is an excellent video of the actual machine for sale!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NGx6Y03bis&app=desktop

Duncan Brown

Feb 17, 2017, 8:46:30 AM2/17/17
On 2/16/2017 10:58 PM, Sam wrote:
> If Don Draper had a pinball machine in his office, this would be the
> one he'd have! For sale is a 1960 Williams "Jungle" EM pinball
> machine for $1100 USD plus shipping. The machine is located in
> Edmonton Canada.
>
> Featuring Williams' exclusive and short-lived "styling of the
> sixties'" cabinet... and being one of only 11 pinballs ever made in
> this style... this exceptionally rare and unusual pinball machine is
> a real find for the serious collector. Besides the hilarious
> animated jungle "animals" in the backbox, (which "fall down" when you
> hit targets on the playfield) this machine had a built-in metal shelf
> and ash tray for your beer and your cigarette! Now that's progress!
>
> Based on the production numbers of other "Styling of the 60s"
> pinballs from Williams, there were likely fewer than 600 of these
> machines made.
>
> The playfield is excellent (almost mint) except for just a bit of
> worn paint in the area of both flipper bats and around a couple of
> the pop bumpers. The cabinet has the original paint job, after
> having an overcoat of brown latex paint from years ago removed.
> Overall she looks really good... a little beat up but original...
> with a 2-tone cream and bright mint-green paint scheme reminiscent of
> the automobiles of the late 1950s. It shows very well as-is, and/or
> it's a prime candidate for a professional cabinet restoration should
> you be so inclined. (please refer to pictures)
>
> Has ALL of the original cardboard animal head cutouts in the backbox
> animation. Playfield plastics are complete, although a couple have
> some cracks. Backglass is an authorized reproduction from
> BGresto.com, plus comes with original backglass (flaking). Also
> includes the original backbox door/rear panel.
>
> Mechanically, it has been professionally repaired and is working 100%
> perfectly in every way and is absolutely reliable. It even has the
> original 5 cent and 25 coin mechs.
>
> Also comes with a brown envelope full of original documentation,
> which includes the schematic diagram, the original warranty card, a
> typewritten letter from the U.S. Department of Treasury dated 1960
> certifying it as a legal non-gambling recreational device, and an
> assortment of original instruction cards and some technical bulletins
> for arcade operators.
>
> Here are some pictures of the actual machine for sale:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z5n0ph69t8c81er/AABieVvSyDzyYoD7XsIyObFXa?dl=0
>
> All-in-all, she looks good and plays even better... a real charmer!
> All pictures are of the actual machine for sale.
>
> Asking $1500 plus shipping (actual cost) from Canada via ground
> freight.
>
> If you're interested, please email curiosit...@gmail.com or
> call Alex at (780) 444-0386. Or come in and take a look for yourself
> at Edmonton's coolest antiques and collectibles store... Curiosity
> Inc. located at 10056 164 Street Edmonton.
>
> Serious enquiries only please!

Cool game! I'm not personally interested, but I'm wondering if the
price is $1100 (as it says at the top of the post) or $1500 (as it says
at the bottom of the post).

Duncan

Sam

Feb 17, 2017, 11:48:42 AM2/17/17
If Don Draper had a pinball machine in his office, this would be the one he'd have!
For sale is a 1960 Williams "Jungle" EM pinball machine for $1500 USD plus shipping. The machine is located in Edmonton Canada.

Frank Furhter

Feb 24, 2017, 9:26:04 PM2/24/17
Yes, interesting cabinet design as Williams didn't make that style for
long, it flunked hard on the 'done it right' scale. Does take way too
much skill to set it up and break it down.

This title made the 'flunk and wagner' videos that helped charity. Over
all not a very interesting game to play. Fun to look at, but a dud on
play experience.

1500 for this title, sad asking price in its sad asking condition. Its
a pretty trashed project, worth about what someone will pay, and that
should be in the 150-200 range.

--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.