Self Adhesive Mylar Pop protectors

Wedgehead Killer

Aug 25, 2014, 6:10:37 PM8/25/14
PBR is currently out of stock. I am artistic by nature and Mr. Pinball says to buy self adheisve mylar and make your own. A google search gives you mostly self adhesive Laminating sheets. Has anyone ever used a photo sheet? Anyone have a hyperlink to self adhesive mylar sheets that have proven to work?

Don O Team EM!

Aug 25, 2014, 6:47:46 PM8/25/14
No reason he should be OOS on these; I think it's been several years now since he's had them. Don't want to speak for Steve, but maybe he's not too keen on using something that's not a stock application. IMO, the adhesive route keeps grit from getting underneath the mylar platter and is a MUCH better way to go for protection of those areas.

Although I have not tried this, I was thinking that you could use his non-adhesive platters, spray one side with 3m spray adhesive and install, going light on the adhesive.

There's no reason that this method wouldn't work, but care should be made to get absolutely no glue on the top side of the mylar.

Don O in MD

Mike Berger

Aug 25, 2014, 7:04:13 PM8/25/14
Buy a sheet of self sticking mylar (I got it from PBR a while ago) and cut the rings with a razor compass (get at an art store).

Worked great and was real easy to to.

Mike

mimih...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2014, 8:17:16 PM8/25/14
I talked to Steve a little while back about these. The ones available to PBR do not meet Steve's specifications.

Butch Horwath

Don O Team EM!

Aug 25, 2014, 8:41:43 PM8/25/14
Butch:

I appreciate Steve being quality minded for sure...

Do you know if Steve has a plan for finding a replacement source if the ones he's contracted out aren't good enough?

Don O in MD

William Brower

Aug 25, 2014, 9:30:51 PM8/25/14
After 35+ years of collecting Pins, I feel that theses protectors do not protect very well. I've seen more bad from using these than good. When I'm shopping out a game the protectors are removed and new ones are not installed...thats just me:), I'm sure some other Pinheads would agree.

Bill

William Brower

Aug 25, 2014, 9:44:24 PM8/25/14
To add to above: My games don't get much play, playfield's are cleaned and waxed and all balls are new...(I wish I had new balls, old ones don't work like used to) :) The next owner can reinstall the pop bumper protectors.

Bill

David Gersic

Aug 26, 2014, 12:43:20 AM8/26/14

Terry @ PinballLife has them.

--
| David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
| You never know who is right, but you always know who is in charge. |

cody chunn

Aug 26, 2014, 5:51:11 PM8/26/14
Whatever you decide, make sure the product is genuine Mylar. It will last
much longer with luster than any other product.

Laminating sheets = NO! Too soft. OK for open areas but too much force
around bumpers and in front of slings.

-cody

"Wedgehead Killer" wrote in message

llabrevlis

Aug 26, 2014, 5:56:13 PM8/26/14
On Monday, August 25, 2014 3:10:37 PM UTC-7, Wedgehead Killer wrote:
> PBR is currently out of stock. I am artistic by nature and Mr. Pinball says to buy self adheisve mylar and make your own. A google search gives you mostly self adhesive Laminating sheets. Has anyone ever used a photo sheet? Anyone have a hyperlink to self adhesive mylar sheets that have proven to work?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=303

mimih...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2014, 7:55:56 PM8/26/14
Don O
It's been a couple of months since I had the conversation. I think he is but too be honest I'm not 100% sure. I juat talked to him yesterday but it was before I had read the post.

schudel5

Aug 27, 2014, 1:46:06 PM8/27/14
"Wedgehead Killer" <peters...@att.net> wrote in message
> [...]
I use these for newer games with the standard pop bumpers:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=303

I use these on the classic Stern and Game Plan games with the larger
openings that the skirts will fit through:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-5820-00

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Chaz

Aug 31, 2014, 2:56:11 PM8/31/14
On Monday, 25 August 2014 18:10:37 UTC-4, Wedgehead Killer wrote:
> PBR is currently out of stock. I am artistic by nature and Mr. Pinball says to buy self adheisve mylar and make your own. A google search gives you mostly self adhesive Laminating sheets. Has anyone ever used a photo sheet? Anyone have a hyperlink to self adhesive mylar sheets that have proven to work?

I get mine from Ray @ Action Pinball..
Chaz