(PINBIZ) Manufacturer news in RePlay (Calling all millionaires!)

David Marston

Jun 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/30/96

The July issue of RePlay includes a few tidbits about softness of the
pinball business and what the manufacturers will be doing.

Premier Technology is looking for investors and would consider mergers as
well as a simple cash infusion. They have a BROOKS & DUNN pinball under
development, but apparently they can't build it without more money.

WMS is closing the Atari factory in California and will henceforth make
Atari-brand product in Chicago, or at least Illinois. They did not state
what will happen to the Atari factory in Ireland, or whether Atari sales
and marketing will remain in California. A separate item on the next page
says that Williams/Bally/Midway has already re-assigned some of the 8
pinball design teams, due to softness in the pingame market.

Sega states that pinball may undergo a transformation to use more
sophisticated technology, but they expect to continue making pinballs.
Coming after ID4 is SPACE JAM, a Warner Bros. license that stars Michael
Jordan and Bugs Bunny.

Attention rich people: if you can't afford to buy a piece of Premier
Technology, perhaps you'd want to invest in ESS Productions' long-form
video on the history of pinball. They're making good progress, but an
extra 100K or so would certainly help things along.
.................David Marston uunet!dartvax!coos!marston
mar...@coos.dartmouth.EDU

Don Coons

Jun 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/30/96

In article <4r67v5$7...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,

David Marston <mar...@coos.dartmouth.edu> wrote:
>The July issue of RePlay includes a few tidbits about softness of the
>pinball business and what the manufacturers will be doing.
>
>Premier Technology is looking for investors and would consider mergers as
>well as a simple cash infusion. They have a BROOKS & DUNN pinball under
>development, but apparently they can't build it without more money.

Brooks and Dunn has been out in test for about two weeks. The must have
made a few test games. For those in the Chicago area its at Town and
Country mall along with Capcom's latest (Big Bang Bar or something to
that effect).

Don Coons
d...@gisa.att.com

Gil Graybill

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96

David Marston wrote:

> Coming after ID4 is SPACE JAM, a Warner Bros. license that stars Michael
> Jordan and Bugs Bunny.

This is for those of you who didn't get enough of "Bugs Bunny's Birthday
Bash". I know there are lot of you out there. Since Michael Jordan is
involved, maybe they'll just morph together a BBBB and SHAQ . Please,
don't crowd, don't crowd....

Isn't anybody going to crowd?

Gil Graybill
Counting the days.....

Lee Van Doren

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96

Ya know... I used to always call it Bugs Bunny Birthday BASH and then I saw
some people call it Birthday BALL. I thought, huh?? no it's BASH! Then I
went to WWPF and saw one, and sure enough it was BALL (or was I dreaming?).
I guess BALL sort of has a pun, huh?
It's weird to see someone else call it BASH... any reason why?

Lee
----------------------------------------------------------------------------* Lee Van Doren Home: dep...@gnn.com Work: l...@lucent.com *
* Owings Mills, MD http://members.gnn.com/depeche/lee.html *

Keith Johnson

Jul 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/1/96

Lee Van Doren <Dep...@gnn.com> writes:

> It's weird to see someone else call it BASH... any reason why?

Becuase BASHing is what you feel like doing to it after you've played
it!

At any rate, I certainly wouldn't want to ball it.....

keith
--
Keith P. Johnson, kee...@access.digex.net, kee...@mnsinc.com
Insults are random and for amusement only.

Bill Ung

Jul 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/2/96

Lee Van Doren <Dep...@gnn.com> writes:
|Gil Graybill wrote:
|>
|> David Marston wrote:
|> >

|> > Coming after ID4 is SPACE JAM, a Warner Bros. license that stars Michael
|> > Jordan and Bugs Bunny.
|> >
|> This is for those of you who didn't get enough of "Bugs Bunny's Birthday
|> Bash". I know there are lot of you out there. Since Michael Jordan is
|> involved, maybe they'll just morph together a BBBB and SHAQ . Please,
|> don't crowd, don't crowd....
|>
|> Isn't anybody going to crowd?
|>
|> Gil Graybill
|> Counting the days.....
|
| Ya know... I used to always call it Bugs Bunny Birthday BASH and then I saw
|some people call it Birthday BALL. I thought, huh?? no it's BASH! Then I
|went to WWPF and saw one, and sure enough it was BALL (or was I dreaming?).
|I guess BALL sort of has a pun, huh?
| It's weird to see someone else call it BASH... any reason why?

I think it's just been a long-standing error on the part of r.g.p.
and related web pages. If we had the archive up and running,
perhaps we could do a count of how often we've gotten it wrong.

It's most definately "Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball". That's what it
says on the flyer, and the game.

Perhaps "Birthday Bash" just made more sense than "Birthday Ball".
It did, after all, look like a party...

--
Bill Ung
u...@filenet.com

Don Hargraves

Jul 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/4/96

u...@filenet.com wrote:

>Perhaps "Birthday Bash" just made more sense than "Birthday Ball".
>It did, after all, look like a party...

Also, I think the game sucked. I played it once, very much wanted
to BASH it to the ground.

--
******* Don Hargraves ****** Hun...@vixa.voyager.net *******
Human culture, we know, evolved over millennia in direct

Don Hargraves

Jul 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/4/96