Pinball Sound Effects

schmoo

Dec 16, 2009, 7:33:52 AM12/16/09
I'm looking for some free sound files of 70s or 80s pinball sound
effects. Does anyone know where I can find any ? I am looking for
high quality stuff, not youtube, home video stuff.

Thanks.

firepower

Dec 16, 2009, 7:57:42 AM12/16/09

You could run Virtual Pinball ona PC, which is free and record your
own WAVs directly.
or
Here are some of Firepower and Gorgar, Williams first pinballs with
Sounds and Speech.
www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/FirepowerSounds.zip
www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/GorgarSpeaks.zip

Cheers

-Richard

faz

Dec 16, 2009, 8:20:33 AM12/16/09
The Gorgar file is a RIOT!!! Since this was pre-internet, I can't
imagine the venue where such a monologue would be made available. Did
Williams send out a flier and a cassette tape to promo Gorgar?!?!?

The announcer is sooooo serious.....but Gorgar's "comments" are soooo
CHEEZY. :)
faz

Pat

Dec 16, 2009, 8:36:21 AM12/16/09

I believe, from memory, there was a 45rpm record that was a
promotional item for Gorgar when the game came out. Maybe a more
knowledgeable historian can shed some light on this.

I remember playing Gorgar on location when I was 10 years old at my
local bowling alley. I was so intrigued with the speech, I always
shot for the magnet when people were walking by just to have them ask
what was going on.

-Pat

faz

Dec 16, 2009, 8:46:58 AM12/16/09
Well I think the whole thing is fantastic! A great piece of history!

btw - The Firepower website is really well done and nicely
organized. I wish all games had that kind of set up. The schematics
are perfect. A lot of effort.

faz

firepower

Dec 16, 2009, 9:04:14 AM12/16/09

Thanks for the kind words on the site. I do a lot of the technical
stuff, another guy Phil Butcher does the graphics and does the flash
web programming.

Yes the Gorgar sound file was made from a flimsy red record that was
given away with the flyer. A few people still have one intact. Like
owning a time capsule.
If you like that, check out some of the orignal Williams video pinball
promos on youtube. Someone posted a few.

-Richard

seymour-shabow

Dec 16, 2009, 9:44:31 AM12/16/09

Lots of people have the one with the record the problem is they want too
much $$$ for it ;)

Now that I've heard what's on the record anyway I would only want it for
my flyer collection for completion's sake.

-scott CARGPB#29

pingeek

Dec 16, 2009, 11:58:30 AM12/16/09

When I owned a Bally Playboy pin, I ran a microphone from my PC to
underneath the cabinet of the pin located in the next room. Here are
some wav files.

http://home.comcast.net/~lobo666666/playboy1.htm

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com

David Marston

Dec 29, 2009, 7:28:24 PM12/29/09
In article <fea384ac-e8a6-479b...@t42g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

faz <pinba...@live.com> wrote:
>The Gorgar file is a RIOT!!! Since this was pre-internet, I can't
>imagine the venue where such a monologue would be made available. Did
>Williams send out a flier and a cassette tape to promo Gorgar?!?!?

There was a flexi-disc attached to the flyer (at least some of the flyers,
anyway). When the flyer was used as the trade ad in RePlay and Play Meter
magazines, the flexi-disc was there, too.

I played the track as part of my original "Pinball on Record" presentation
at Pinball Expo 1988, and it was the favorite of many in the audience.

So the answer to your question is: once upon a time, advertisers could
send out records, assuming that everyone has a turntable.
--
................David Marston at MV

Jonny O

Dec 29, 2009, 11:52:50 PM12/29/09

LOL that gorgar mp3 reminds me of old B-movie promos. The cabinet art
is also top notch.

twne...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2017, 7:03:47 PM7/2/17
My dad and I went to a lot of pinball auctions, looking for the "perfect" machine. We got a Gorgar in 1982. I was 14. We played that thing a TON until I graduated. So many Sundays spent in the basement, listening to vinyl on the stereo, battling the evil Gorgar. Times that a teen can never forget. The machine was so advanced for its time! The heartbeat was incredible.

Frank Furhter

Jul 2, 2017, 11:01:17 PM7/2/17
twne...@gmail.com wrote:
> My dad and I went to a lot of pinball auctions, looking for the "perfect" machine. We got a Gorgar in 1982. I was 14. We played that thing a TON until I graduated. So many Sundays spent in the basement, listening to vinyl on the stereo, battling the evil Gorgar. Times that a teen can never forget. The machine was so advanced for its time! The heartbeat was incredible.

The gradual heartbeat is indeed a genius simpleton effect. It still
works, and works well.

--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.

Aaron Smiles

Jul 2, 2021, 10:28:14 AM7/2/21
1979 Soundsheet record promotional for Gorgar Pinball game from Williams Electronics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXsKE0Glko