HSII: The Getaway ROM question

Trevor

Sep 1, 2009, 5:47:48 PM9/1/09
I noticed my Getaway is using the L-1 ROM. I see there are several
different ones available though(L-2, L-3, L-5). Can anyone explain to
me the differences between the different versions?

Thanks!
Trevor

John Wart, jr

Sep 1, 2009, 5:51:49 PM9/1/09
It's not documented real well. There's no revision info from the
manufacturer that's public knowledge.

There's a list maintained on Ray's site that has some info

http://actionpinball.com/tech/getaway.htm

"Trevor" <trev...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Cayle George

Sep 1, 2009, 5:54:32 PM9/1/09
Search RGP for a full low down, but what I love about L5 is that you
can control the upper right flipper independantly from the lower right
flipper. (depending on the depth the button is pressed in).

In this way, you can trp a ball on the lower right, and hit a jackpot
with another ball on the upper right all the while keeping the one
ball trapped.

-cAyle

psk445

Sep 1, 2009, 6:22:15 PM9/1/09
John or anyone else, is their an option to extend the "free ride" time
in any of the versions? I'm currently running L-2 and don't see that
as an option.
Thanks,
JJ

On Sep 1, 2:51 pm, "John Wart, jr" <johnwar...@johnwartjr.com> wrote:
> It's not documented real well. There's no revision info from the
> manufacturer that's public knowledge.
>
> There's a list maintained on Ray's site that has some info
>
> http://actionpinball.com/tech/getaway.htm

seodude

Sep 1, 2009, 6:33:54 PM9/1/09
On Sep 1, 5:51 pm, "John Wart, jr" <johnwar...@johnwartjr.com> wrote:
> It's not documented real well. There's no revision info from the
> manufacturer that's public knowledge.
>
> There's a list maintained on Ray's site that has some info
>
> http://actionpinball.com/tech/getaway.htm

John I noticed on your site you dont offer the L-5 ROM, just L1 and
L2. Is this true or just an inventory error?
If true could you tell me why? I have an L1 Getaway and I was
thinking of going to L5.

Damian Parrino

Sep 2, 2009, 9:23:42 AM9/2/09

IIRC, the usually suggested and reliable revision is L-2. I guess that
L-5 added some new bugs.
I've a Getaway running L-2 and it works just fine.

Retrogameconnection

Sep 2, 2009, 9:41:48 AM9/2/09

There are NO versions of the ROM that allow you to adjust the timing
of the FREE RIDE feature AFAIK.

IMO the best ROM available (for fun gameplay and no bugs) is the
prototype P-7 ROM.

Trevor

Sep 2, 2009, 10:05:52 AM9/2/09
Thanks for all the responses. Ray's site definitely helped lay out
the differences between the different revisions. What was different
about the prototype P-7 ROM?

I'll probably upgrade to the L-2 ROM for now...

Thanks!
Trevor

d rock

Sep 16, 2009, 3:34:09 PM9/16/09

What is differnt on the P-7 proto roms?
does it have the super charger mball on it that was canned?

MarcelG

Sep 16, 2009, 5:00:50 PM9/16/09

Its a double leaf aligned so you can do that. ROM has nothing to do
with it.

Cayle George

Sep 16, 2009, 5:13:09 PM9/16/09
Actually, the ROM has EVRYTHING to do with it in this case. The double
leaf does not do anything in versions before L-5.

-cAyle

> Its a double leaf aligned so you can do that. ROM has nothing to do
> with it.

psk445

Sep 16, 2009, 5:36:54 PM9/16/09
On Sep 16, 2:13 pm, Cayle George <caylegeo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, the ROM has EVRYTHING to do with it in this case. The double
> leaf does not do anything in versions before L-5.
>
> -cAyle

Sorry Cayle but you are in the wrong here. I'm running L-2 and when
you press the right flipper button gently (not all the way in) the
lower right flipper flips, and if you continue to press the right
flipper in (harder) the upper right flipper flips.
JJ