916th Best Player in the World

Pins Anon

Jun 23, 2009, 4:54:29 PM6/23/09
Some of you must know who this guy is - funny interview though!

http://www.thepinballblog.com/2009/06/916th-best-pinball-player-in-world.html

Cheers

Nick
Pins Anon
UK

btrip

Jun 23, 2009, 5:32:30 PM6/23/09
On Jun 23, 3:54 pm, Pins Anon <n...@pinsanon.co.uk> wrote:
> Some of you must know who this guy is - funny interview though!
>
> http://www.thepinballblog.com/2009/06/916th-best-pinball-player-in-wo...

> Cheers
>
> Nick
> Pins Anon
> UK

"That's the whole point of pinball, fight gravity, which I believe
in."

Awesome.

gbiz

Jun 23, 2009, 5:32:47 PM6/23/09
That was amusing. "I fight gravity with flippers" What's this
etiquette thing he eluded to?

-Gregg B.

Ken

Jun 23, 2009, 5:56:05 PM6/23/09
On Jun 23, 3:54 pm, Pins Anon <n...@pinsanon.co.uk> wrote:
> Some of you must know who this guy is - funny interview though!
>
> http://www.thepinballblog.com/2009/06/916th-best-pinball-player-in-wo...

> Cheers
>
> Nick
> Pins Anon
> UK

THAT>>>>>WAS>>>>>AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight Gravity Now!

-Ken "862nd Best Pinball Player in the World" Walker
www.Team-EM.com
Chicago Pinball League

Gott Lieb?

Jun 23, 2009, 6:03:42 PM6/23/09
It would have been better with more cowbell though. ;-)

Jim

dcerny

Jun 23, 2009, 6:07:37 PM6/23/09
On Jun 23, 5:56 pm, Ken <jetsurg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Yea. I met this guy at the LA show. Or certainly tried to. As cocksure
in person as he is in that video. He was definitely very passionate
about playing pinball. I went up and introduced myself, tried to take
him around and have him meet several of our notable locals, even
talked to him about coming out to play in the OC league. He pretended
to be interested for 5 or 10 minutes, then put his ipod headphones
back on and went back to being antisocial. Oh well.

congrats to him on his great success fighting back against gravity.

scott (Detroit Pinball)

Jun 23, 2009, 8:04:42 PM6/23/09

Classic, I loved it..... "Fighting Gravity one flipper at a time
(After all, No one likes a quiter)"
I will have to check my world standings to see if I have surpassed the
new coveted "916th spot".

Scott
Detroit Pinball

On Jun 23, 4:54 pm, Pins Anon <n...@pinsanon.co.uk> wrote:
> Some of you must know who this guy is - funny interview though!
>

> http://www.thepinballblog.com/2009/06/916th-best-pinball-player-in-wo...

Captain Neo

Jun 23, 2009, 8:20:38 PM6/23/09
no other country in the world makes pinball? I guess Zaccaria and
spinball must have shipped them back to themselves. Funny stuff.

Captain Neo

Jun 23, 2009, 8:22:55 PM6/23/09
oh crap. I just looked, i'm 675th ranked. I want and interview :(

Gregg

Jun 23, 2009, 9:01:27 PM6/23/09
In article
<b40664dc-54c5-4c0d...@g1g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
Captain Neo <nwo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> oh crap. I just looked, i'm 675th ranked. I want and interview :(

got 50 cents?

--
Gregg in Baltimore

Chris Hibler

Jun 23, 2009, 11:12:16 PM6/23/09
Very entertaining Nick. Thanks for posting. Now...I'm off to fight
some gravity, one flipper at a time...
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
www.Team-EM.com

On Jun 23, 3:54 pm, Pins Anon <n...@pinsanon.co.uk> wrote:
> Some of you must know who this guy is - funny interview though!
>

> http://www.thepinballblog.com/2009/06/916th-best-pinball-player-in-wo...

Steve Charland

Jun 23, 2009, 11:27:18 PM6/23/09
I guess they'll let anyone buy their way in. ;) -S (CARGPB1)

Old School Al

Jun 23, 2009, 11:47:30 PM6/23/09
C'mon, somebody make this saying into a t-shirt. I'm in for one!

On Jun 23, 10:12 pm, Chris Hibler <ch...@Team-EM.com> wrote:
> Very entertaining Nick. Thanks for posting. Now...I'm off to fight
> some gravity, one flipper at a time...
> --

> Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31www.Team-EM.comhttp://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm

> On Jun 23, 3:54 pm, Pins Anon <n...@pinsanon.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > Some of you must know who this guy is - funny interview though!
>
> >http://www.thepinballblog.com/2009/06/916th-best-pinball-player-in-wo...
>
> > Cheers
>
> > Nick
> > Pins Anon

> > UK- Hide quoted text -

Pins Anon

Jun 24, 2009, 5:23:52 AM6/24/09
I found the guy and he's down @ 1600 now in the rankings!
http://www.pinballrankings.com/player.php?t=p&player_id=2881

I think he's a funny guy - cocksure or not. I'm anti-social 360 days a
year and I'm still a massive pinball enthusiast!
http://www.thepinballblog.com/2009/06/916th-best-pinball-player-in-world.html

Agreed it would make a good t-shirt too!

Nick

WEC

Jun 24, 2009, 11:49:57 AM6/24/09
I love it! Reminded me of Will Ferrell. I wanna have a beer with that
guy.

phishrace

Jun 24, 2009, 3:04:21 PM6/24/09
On Jun 24, 2:23 am, Pins Anon <n...@pinsanon.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm anti-social 360 days a year and I'm still a massive pinball enthusiast!

Pinball has always attracted the anti-social crowd (oxymoron?). That's
why the best arcades are always dimly lit. d;^)

Keep the great interviews coming.

-phish

Dan Q.

Jun 24, 2009, 3:24:40 PM6/24/09
On Jun 24, 4:23 am, Pins Anon <n...@pinsanon.co.uk> wrote:
> I found the guy and he's down @ 1600 now in the rankings!http://www.pinballrankings.com/player.php?t=p&player_id=2881

But that record says the player's highest ranking ever was 1304th?

Pins Anon

Jun 24, 2009, 4:39:28 PM6/24/09
Maybe he was around 916th when he told how many points he'd be
getting, but perhaps was down at 1304 by the time the stats were
updated and other tournies taken into account.

To be fair, he could have made it completely up - and it would still
have been funny!

Could be a whole new series.... "916 Pinball". Interviews with the
916th best pinball player according to WPPR every now and then :)

Nick
Pins Anon
UK

sk8ball

Jun 24, 2009, 6:17:15 PM6/24/09
When WPPR "re-organized" in March, all the old stats went out the
window

Josh Sharpe

Jun 24, 2009, 6:40:10 PM6/24/09
On Jun 24, 5:17 pm, sk8ball <daveycat2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> When WPPR "re-organized" in March, all the old stats went out the
> window

No worries . . . you're back where you belong . . . for the moment ;-)

Josh (who finally finished higher than KME at a tournament)

Chris Hibler

May 10, 2021, 8:30:12 PM5/10/21
Updated link...
https://vimeo.com/5848150

Dan Espen

May 10, 2021, 9:17:59 PM5/10/21
Chris Hibler <chrishibl...@gmail.com> writes:

> Updated link...
> https://vimeo.com/5848150

I fight gravity.

I love it.

But there's something seriously wrong with the guy with the hat.
He turned down a game of pinball.

--
Dan Espen