MAD Amusements - still in business?

www.pinballheaven.co.uk

Sep 13, 2012, 5:17:45 AM9/13/12
Help! I cant get hold of Mike, I dont know if I'm being ignored or he really does have serious issues (email of course). All I'm trying to do is get the $1k order shipped I've paid for or my money, its not too much to ask, I've been waiting like 3 months.

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Or do I need to give him more time?!

Phil

BUY...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2012, 8:07:33 AM9/13/12
On Sep 13, 5:17 am, "www.pinballheaven.co.uk"
mike spends alot of time on beach in asbury park playing vball
season is over now he should get back to biz, unless he filling in
for fat frank on american pickers

fatality83

Sep 13, 2012, 9:26:45 AM9/13/12

lol here we go again. It seems like when people contact the appropriate
authorities, that your order magically arrives. 3 months is too long to
wait for a part. I suggest doing the same as every other over seas
person had to do before you to get their order.

Waiting for the, "Mike is a good seller", "I always get my parts in time
and even get a candy hot dog with it" in 3...2....1...

--
fatality83
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

pinnut

Sep 13, 2012, 9:32:32 AM9/13/12
3...2...1... blast off ! i needed a board last week, and fast. i
called mike at 2 pm and had it the next day at 2 pm, ups ground. no
jacked up shipping.

ED()

Sep 13, 2012, 9:56:01 AM9/13/12
Phil,

You are not from the good ol' USA, kiss your money good bye. So many non US residents have been screwed by this guy it's not funny. It seems his continental service is great but outside of that....arrgghhhh.

Joe Grenuk

Sep 13, 2012, 10:18:04 AM9/13/12

> You are not from the good ol' USA, kiss your money good bye. So many non US residents have been screwed by this guy it's not funny. It seems his continental service is great but outside of that....arrgghhhh.

I don't know if that is a true statement or not, but there is a lot of
smoke there for sure. Having said that, with so much smoke around
international buyers and MAD, and with no shortage of alternate
suppliers, why do international buyers continually pull on the smoke
mask, buy, and post about it here after the fact? I don't get
it....If you know enough about RGP to post here and complain, you know
enough about RGP to search the archives.

I've never ever had any sort of issue with MAD, but if I were from
another country, I'd buy elsewhere.

cburnett11

Sep 13, 2012, 10:36:03 AM9/13/12
Domestic buyer. Ordered a bunch of locks last week and got the order
very fast... included not only a gummy hot dog, but also a gummy
burger.

fatality83

Sep 13, 2012, 10:43:20 AM9/13/12
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he may be the last
person on the planet that has the parts they need. I am sure that many
people sit there and say I wouldn't buy from him if he was the last
person on earth, however when their machine goes down and it's just
sitting there and they can't play it, they bite the bullet and wish for
the best.

Scott McClure

Sep 13, 2012, 10:48:33 AM9/13/12

fatality83;1995423 Wrote:
> I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he may be the last
> person on the planet that has the parts they need. I am sure that many
> people sit there and say I wouldn't buy from him if he was the last
> person on earth, however when their machine goes down and it's just
> sitting there and they can't play it, they bite the bullet and wish for
> the best.

That's understandable, but it sure does seem that international buyers
and MAD are truly proof of Albert Einstein's thoughts on the definition
of insanity.

--
Scott McClure

Skeley68

Sep 13, 2012, 11:09:50 AM9/13/12

I had ordered a scoop from Mike "MAD" 2 weeks ago for a popeye thru his
website. Had it delivered in 2 days, but then again I'm a domestic buyer
in the states.

--
Skeley68

schudel5

Sep 13, 2012, 11:25:31 AM9/13/12
"ED()" <eh9...@gmail.com> wrote in message...
>You are not from the good ol' USA, kiss your money good bye. So many non US
>residents have been screwed by this guy it's not funny. It seems his
>continental service >is great but outside of that....arrgghhhh.

Don't understand why international shipping would make a difference. You go
down to the post office and put it in a Priority box. Fill out a customs
form, print on the box the shipping address and that's it. Not much more
strenuous than sending something domestically. Yeah it may cost more, but
he should have that already figured out as part of the shipping cost when
you order. Priority shipping from the P.O. to Europe takes less than a
week. Something just doesn't seem right.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

mr tobias

Sep 13, 2012, 11:23:40 AM9/13/12
Hmmm, perhaps it's a case of Mike thinking it's more likely US
residents will take further action against him if he takes their money
and runs. A bad international seller is a bad seller.

fatality83

Sep 13, 2012, 11:39:05 AM9/13/12

Someone that I will not mention knows someone who works at a bank who
was able to track down the wire payments of a prior international buyer
who was having similar issues. Mike was not returning emails or calls.
He eventually did and said he never received the money. Turns out the
money got deposited right into his account while he was claiming he
never got it. It appears as if the bank puts a temporary hold on
everything deposited into his account for one reason or another. You
can be the judge of why that is. Either way, something is not right
with this guy.

--
fatality83

Joe Grenuk

Sep 13, 2012, 11:42:57 AM9/13/12

> I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he may be the last
> person on the planet that has the parts they need.  I am sure that many
> people sit there and say I wouldn't buy from him if he was the last
> person on earth, however when their machine goes down and it's just
> sitting there and they can't play it, they bite the bullet and wish for
> the best.

Well, after they get finished wishing for the best, don't come here
and say "I bit the bullet and hoped for the best and it didn't work
out".

And what part (s) does Mike have that no one else has? (Not
including stuff that is on back order from other vendors?) I've never
known him to have an exclusive part, but I could be wrong.

Scott McClure

Sep 13, 2012, 11:50:03 AM9/13/12

jgrenuk;1995463 Wrote:

> And what part (s) does Mike have that no one else has? (Not
> including stuff that is on back order from other vendors?) I've never
> known him to have an exclusive part, but I could be wrong.

Well, I've never gotten a candy hot dog from Marco or Steve Young, so
maybe that's it?

--
Scott McClure

Tom G WI

Sep 13, 2012, 12:07:54 PM9/13/12
I ordered from MAD a few weeks ago for ramps on my Whirlwind. Shipped fast and had no problems. Again I'm a domestic buyer but I have never had a problem.

fatality83

Sep 13, 2012, 12:09:49 PM9/13/12

I thought he sold backglass and other items that were hard to come by
but IDK maybe I'm wrong. I never bought from him because of these
issues. I choose to spend my hard earned money with other companies who
are more responsible. Yea chances are since I am located in the US I
would get my products quickly but that still doesn't change the fact
that he gives overseas buyers the shaft.

--
fatality83

pins4fun

Sep 13, 2012, 12:30:55 PM9/13/12
On Sep 13, 5:17 am, "www.pinballheaven.co.uk"
You may not remember this, but I bought a small part from you a few
years back, and it took me approx six months before I finally received
it, AFTER I had to send a good number of polite emails to you
inquiring about the status of my shipment. You were downright nasty
in your few email responses and blamed everybody except for yourself
for what was/was not happening. By your own example, you should wait
at least another three months before you start screaming here. Maybe
the international channels don't work as well as the domestic channels
do, not to say that Mike has had his share of f@#k-ups with
international shipments.

.

homebrood

Sep 13, 2012, 1:09:25 PM9/13/12
touche!!!

Snap!!! Wet noodle time!!!

Pacpin

Sep 14, 2012, 9:08:36 AM9/14/12
Why does this same post come up every month or so....and it's always
around 1000.00? You sure you aren't trolling? You waited 3 months with
1K of parts in limbo before you just now make this post, and you seem
pretty laid back about it all. I'm really not buying this one.

--
Pacpin

ice...@thearistocrats.org

Sep 14, 2012, 12:30:29 PM9/14/12
I've had it both ways.

I've had him take forever on my ramps (which pissed me off since I was living in atl, and I could have and should have just gone and gotten them from James directly.)

And I've had him take no time at all.

He's usually a decent guy to work with, but seems to get distracted sometimes.

Honestly I've had the same thing happen with more and more vendors nowadays. Even non pinball.

Just seems like no one cares about getting your product out.

That being said, all my bad experiences with him were 7-8 years ago. He's been great recently. I also get gummi hot dogs..

I've had 1k orders from him, no problem.

Mike is an alright guy, but my advice is if you see your order going sideways don't wait to deal with it.

I'm a pretty busy guy, so I understand (just took me over 2 weeks to even get time to photograph something) but if you're not active in resolving the problem, I'd say it's just as much your fault.

I file him under quirky, but mostly harmless. Along with PBR and Bob.

www.pinballheaven.co.uk

Sep 18, 2012, 9:13:27 AM9/18/12
I sent mike $1000 parts, i said he could pay me or send parts, I got NEITHER!!!