Stern's next game: Zombies!

vid1900

Jan 24, 2012, 4:37:45 PM1/24/12

So hints this pic from Stern's Facebook

Filename:-----------> 408056_10150546027479244_136972659243_.jpg
Link to attached PIC: http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=685

--
vid1900
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

ldnayman

Jan 24, 2012, 4:42:19 PM1/24/12
Way to go Stern...that fonzie is only about halfway over the shark.

funrudy

Jan 24, 2012, 4:42:36 PM1/24/12
In article <vid1900...@rrgparchive.com>,
vid1900 <vid...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So hints this pic from Stern's Facebook
>
> Filename:-----------> 408056_10150546027479244_136972659243_.jpg
> Link to attached PIC:
> http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=685

Next hint: Plants!!!!

Lloyd Olson

Jan 24, 2012, 4:45:14 PM1/24/12
Kill two birds with one stone. Hobitzees. LTG :)

"vid1900" <vid...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

John

Jan 24, 2012, 4:56:43 PM1/24/12
On Jan 24, 4:45 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Kill two birds with one stone. Hobitzees.  LTG :)
>
> "vid1900" <vid1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > So hints this pic from Stern's Facebook
>
> > Filename:-----------> 408056_10150546027479244_136972659243_.jpg
> > Link to attached PIC:
> >http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=685
>
> > --
> > vid1900
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com- Hide quoted text -

That was really funny! Thanks for putting a smile on my face.

Brian Munn

Jan 24, 2012, 4:59:29 PM1/24/12
On Jan 24, 4:45 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Kill two birds with one stone. Hobitzees.  LTG :)
>
> "vid1900" <vid1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > So hints this pic from Stern's Facebook
>
> > Filename:-----------> 408056_10150546027479244_136972659243_.jpg
> > Link to attached PIC:
> >http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=685
>
> > --
> > vid1900
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com

I would put money down on both zombies and hobbits

Brian
Detroit Pinball

hassell castle

Jan 24, 2012, 5:07:09 PM1/24/12

The Walking Dead....pretty please!

--
hassell castle

mummite

Jan 24, 2012, 5:13:06 PM1/24/12
Hell yes! this could be great! if it's res evil and it's based on
the games oh man......... I really may pass out please make it a
resident evil pin and not walking dead. Or better yet original theme

Starfighter

Jan 24, 2012, 5:40:50 PM1/24/12

I heard it was Ghost Rider 'cause someone at the factory loves Nic
Cage...

that's what I heard anyway...

--
Starfighter

hassell castle

Jan 24, 2012, 5:53:23 PM1/24/12

Just my .02

Resident Evil.....sorry no interest in it for me.

Walking Dead...hella yeah. This show is becoming one of the most talked
about and most popular shows on television right now. And we all know
how Stern likes to jump on the band wagon of what's hot pop culture at
the moment. Second half of season 2 starts up Feb 12th. And I just heard
that they have secured season 3 with AMC so there is definitely more to
come. I know it's a long shot, but if Stern was to get started on it,
and have it ready by October, when season 3 will most likely begin..the
timing would be great. Yeah....I may be in on this one.

--
hassell castle

Xerico

Jan 24, 2012, 5:59:05 PM1/24/12
+1. The Walking Dead would be awesome!

And simply re-theme 24 with the pop up targets, but use troll heads
(ala MM) for the Premium/LE version.
The suitcase can be the RV.
The sniper nest can be the barn.

The sniper shot can simply be a Zombie Kill Shot.

Instead of Chloe making my ears bleed, make it a zombie growling at
me.

If a Walking Dead pinball machine shows up, I will definitely consider
buying a premium version.

Marcus

cody chunn

Jan 24, 2012, 6:11:20 PM1/24/12
You do realize Stern's facebook page's only purpose is to jerk people
around.

Anyway, Jason said x-men and he's never wrong.

-cody

daveispinball

Jan 24, 2012, 6:17:07 PM1/24/12

I think it's great that Stern can float a rumor on facebook and then
watch the action here on RGP. They get to test market with the end
users before production. What companies can get such great free
consumer research? But... I think the post on facebook is a little
strange to happen from the ever so secret Stern right before the AC/DC's
go to market as a premature announcement could canabalize sales of the
current machine. That would seem to be a big sales blunder.

--
daveispinball

James Lewis

Jan 24, 2012, 6:29:50 PM1/24/12

--
James Lewis

mnpinball

Jan 24, 2012, 6:24:27 PM1/24/12
On Jan 24, 5:11 pm, "cody chunn" <cchu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> You do realize Stern's facebook page's only purpose is to jerk people
> around.
>
> Anyway, Jason said x-men and he's never wrong.
>
> -cody
>
> "vid1900"  wrote in messagenews:vid1900...@rrgparchive.com...
>
> So hints this pic from Stern's Facebook
>
> Filename:-----------> 408056_10150546027479244_136972659243_.jpg
> Link to attached PIC:http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=685
>
> --
> vid1900
> This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com

LMAO

vidgameseller

Jan 24, 2012, 6:35:33 PM1/24/12
I agree and disagree with you on this. I do think that Stern can see
what people are saying about the current "rumors" to help guide them
in a direction that may be a good market for them. Such as seeing a
bunch of hipe on rgp about wanting a zombie pin. Although they might
not always follow the advice.

However, i dont think that hinting at a next machine will hurt sales
at all. Tthose that have decided on a AC/DC have already ordered one
mostly to be sure to get a LE. . Im not rich by any means, but if it
so happens that two titles come out right after each other, ill more
than likely find a way to get them both. Just one might be used a
little later.

Luckily for me, im not jumping after a zombie pin, although the theme
is one of a machine id like to own again (really wish i didnt sell my
class of 1812) its not one that i have to have, but would like to
have. AC/DC is a theme that i had to have. Now hopefully, it is a
zombie pin and not the hobbit, as then id be in trouble as id have to
have it

mummite

Jan 24, 2012, 6:37:55 PM1/24/12
I was thinking the same thing. Why put this type of information up
now, but then again. I don't think AC-DC is going to have any trouble
selling. That game is going to ROCK! and will sell like hot cakes to
OP's here and over seas.
I am sure Stern checks the RGP and Pinside forums to see what they
stirred up and see what sticks : )

underlord

Jan 24, 2012, 6:38:48 PM1/24/12

hassell castle;1870779 Wrote:
> Just my .02
>
> Resident Evil.....sorry no interest in it for me.
>
> Walking Dead...hella yeah. This show is becoming one of the most talked
> about and most popular shows on television right now. And we all know
> how Stern likes to jump on the band wagon of what's hot pop culture at
> the moment. Second half of season 2 starts up Feb 12th. And I just heard
> that they have secured season 3 with AMC so there is definitely more to
> come. I know it's a long shot, but if Stern was to get started on it,
> and have it ready by October, when season 3 will most likely begin..the
> timing would be great. Yeah....I may be in on this one.
Agreed. The Walking Dead is one killer show! All the guys at my
garage where I work are into it...turning wrenches and talking to
eachother about Glen and Maggie, Rick, Shane and Lori's love
triangle...Shane's breakdown... It's all personal to us now! We sound
like a ladies groups talking soap operas for crying out loud! :D

Haven't been this excited about a tv show in over a decade! NICE...

Resident Evil lost it's course...Making the heroin into a super hero
then taking it all back in the last flick, which was Meh for me BTW...

RE stale.
TWD: Better every episode!

--
underlord

--Rick.

Lloyd Olson

Jan 24, 2012, 6:44:52 PM1/24/12
They should do a Michael Jackson Thriller pin.

Kill three birds with one stone. LTG :)

( Michael Jackson, musical, zombies )

mnpinball

Jan 24, 2012, 6:44:25 PM1/24/12
On Jan 24, 5:11 pm, "cody chunn" <cchu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> You do realize Stern's facebook page's only purpose is to jerk people
> around.
>
> Anyway, Jason said x-men and he's never wrong.
>
> -cody
>
> "vid1900"  wrote in messagenews:vid1900...@rrgparchive.com...
>
> So hints this pic from Stern's Facebook
>
> Filename:-----------> 408056_10150546027479244_136972659243_.jpg
> Link to attached PIC:http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=685
>
> --
> vid1900
> This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com

3.3M facebook likes can't be wrong.
http://www.facebook.com/ResidentEvilMovie

Official site
http://www.residentevil-movie.com/

5 movies and a great franchise

Ya I heard some buzz about it at expo ;-)

daveispinball

Jan 24, 2012, 6:54:37 PM1/24/12

vidgameseller;1870806 Wrote:
> On Jan 24, 5:17*pm, daveispinball <silverd... (AT) msn (DOT) com>
> wrote:[color=blue]
> I agree and disagree with you on this. I do think that Stern can see
> what people are saying about the current "rumors" to help guide them
> in a direction that may be a good market for them. Such as seeing a
> bunch of hipe on rgp about wanting a zombie pin. Although they might
> not always follow the advice.
>
> However, i dont think that hinting at a next machine will hurt sales
> at all. Tthose that have decided on a AC/DC have already ordered one
> mostly to be sure to get a LE. . Im not rich by any means, but if it
> so happens that two titles come out right after each other, ill more
> than likely find a way to get them both. Just one might be used a
> little later.
>
> Luckily for me, im not jumping after a zombie pin, although the theme
> is one of a machine id like to own again (really wish i didnt sell my
> class of 1812) its not one that i have to have, but would like to
> have. AC/DC is a theme that i had to have. Now hopefully, it is a
> zombie pin and not the hobbit, as then id be in trouble as id have to
> have it

That's just it. You are passionate about getting a LE so you jumped in
early (although not sure they sold out yet). However, how many Pro's
are there? They certainly can't afford to sit on a few hundred extra
inventory as a result of those on the fence for AC/DC deciding to wait
for a Zombie pin. This would be a tactical error on Stern's part.
Simple supply and demand... if you only have $7,000 to spend once this
year, do you pick up an AC/DC, Zombie, or a third produced in the Fall?
Move demand but keep supply constant and you have a reason a company
goes belly up. We can't afford for Stern to do that...

JeffS

Jan 24, 2012, 7:18:39 PM1/24/12

Two new but complete games a year would be better. More time to finish
software. Finish 90 pct of coding, then release.

--
JeffS

Dan Q very much

Jan 24, 2012, 7:35:55 PM1/24/12
On Jan 24, 3:42 pm, funrudy <funr...@aol.com> wrote:
> In article <vid1900.56v...@rrgparchive.com>,
>
>  vid1900 <vid1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > So hints this pic from Stern's Facebook
>
> > Filename:-----------> 408056_10150546027479244_136972659243_.jpg
> > Link to attached PIC:
> >http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=685
>
> Next hint: Plants!!!!

That would be too weird. I swear I just installed Plants vs Zombies,
it's still running in another window.

mrbillishere

Jan 24, 2012, 7:32:06 PM1/24/12
With the way Stern keeps jacking their prices lately for incomplete
games, they could probably match what JPOP and BH want for their take
on this theme.

Who'd you rather put your $$ on?

underlord

Jan 24, 2012, 7:52:10 PM1/24/12

mrbillishere;1870833 Wrote:
> On Jan 24, 5:54*pm, daveispinball <silverd... (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:
> > vidgameseller;1870806 Wrote:
> >

> > > On Jan 24, 5:17*pm, daveispinball <silverd... (AT) msn (DOT) com>
> > > wrote:[color=blue]
> > > I agree and disagree with you on this. *I do think that Stern can
> see
> > > what people are saying about the current "rumors" to help guide them
> > > in a direction that may be a good market for them. *Such as seeing a
> > > bunch of hipe on rgp about wanting a zombie pin. *Although they
> might
> > > not always follow the advice.
> >
> > > However, i dont think that hinting at a next machine will hurt sales
> > > at all. *Tthose that have decided on a AC/DC have already ordered
> one
> > > mostly to be sure to get a LE. . *Im not rich by any means, but if
> it
> > > so happens that two titles come out right after each other, ill more
> > > than likely find a way to get them both. *Just one might be used a
> > > little later.
> >
> > > Luckily for me, im not jumping after a zombie pin, although the
> theme
> > > is one of a machine id like to own again (really wish i didnt sell
> my
> > > class of 1812) its not one that i have to have, but would like to
> > > have. *AC/DC is a theme that i had to have. *Now hopefully, it is a
> > > zombie pin and not the hobbit, as then id be in trouble as id have
> > > have it
> >
> > That's just it. *You are passionate about getting a LE so you jumped
> in
> > early (although not sure they sold out yet). *However, how many Pro's
> > are there? *They certainly can't afford to sit on a few hundred extra
> > inventory as a result of those on the fence for AC/DC deciding to wait
> > for a Zombie pin. *This would be a tactical error on Stern's part.
> > Simple supply and demand... if you only have $7,000 to spend once this
> > year, do you pick up an AC/DC, Zombie, or a third produced in the
> Fall?
> > Move demand but keep supply constant and you have a reason a company
> > goes belly up. *We can't afford for Stern to do that...
> >
> > --
> > daveispinball
> > This USENET post sent from *http://rgparchive.com
>
> With the way Stern keeps jacking their prices lately for incomplete
> games, they could probably match what JPOP and BH want for their take
> on this theme.
>
> Who'd you rather put your $$ on?
JJP! :O

--
underlord

--Rick.

underlord

Jan 24, 2012, 7:55:16 PM1/24/12

underlord;1870844 Wrote:
> JJP! :O
I just told my daughter about Stern's remote 'possibility' of The
Walking Dead becoming a pin theme, and she jumped onto Facebook to
pledge her support. She is 12 going on 23. My whole family cozy's up
on the couch @ 10 pm (EST) to watch the show together.

Who would have thunk it...GEEKS bringing a family closer! :)

vid1900

Jan 24, 2012, 7:58:07 PM1/24/12

Stern puts this little tidbit out and does 2 things:

1. AC/DC LE is already sold out, so they get everyone lubed up and
talking about the next game.

2. They steal the thunder from any upstarts (JPOP & Heck) trying to get
some kind of pinball manufacturing together.

Smart on both moves.

There is only so much NIB pinball money in athe market. If you can take
50% of an upstarts sales, it might just make them a nonstarter.

--
vid1900

vid1900

Jan 24, 2012, 8:01:24 PM1/24/12

Sadly, you know the moment Heck and JPOP heard about the Stern posting,
they were slapping their desks and crying out "WHY?????"

OR what if:

Stern is doing the manufacturing for those guys.......

underlord

Jan 24, 2012, 8:02:09 PM1/24/12

vid1900;1870847 Wrote:
> Stern puts this little tidbit out and does 2 things:
>
> 1. AC/DC LE is already sold out, so they get everyone lubed up and
> talking about the next game.
>
> 2. They steal the thunder from any upstarts (JPOP & Heck) trying to get
> some kind of pinball manufacturing together.
>

> Smart on both moves.
>
> There is only so much NIB pinball money in athe market. If you can take
> 50% of an upstarts sales, it might just make them a nonstarter.
I wish JPOP and Benny Heck the best in their venture, but Magic versus
Zombies, and the Park playground kinda smack of 'funny' Walkers, not the
more dangerous one's based on TWD series.

Besides, Ben being a Zombie killer, well, he is no Rick or Shane. ;P

And the price knocks it out of the (interested) park for me. 12-15k for
a specialty pin is unrealistic for me.

--
underlord

--Rick.

rly...@carolina.rr.com

Jan 24, 2012, 8:15:26 PM1/24/12

I think Resident Evil... appropriatly Evil enough... could be an awesome
theme. Also could be completely possible since Stern's done like 5
'most requested' themes recently.

--
RLy...@carolina.rr.com

Sam

Jan 24, 2012, 8:49:17 PM1/24/12
On Jan 24, 4:44 pm, mnpinball <mnpinb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 5:11 pm, "cody chunn" <cchu...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > You do realize Stern's facebook page's only purpose is to jerk people
> > around.
>
> > Anyway, Jason said x-men and he's never wrong.
>
> > -cody
>
> > "vid1900"  wrote in messagenews:vid1900...@rrgparchive.com...
>
> > So hints this pic from Stern's Facebook
>
> > Filename:-----------> 408056_10150546027479244_136972659243_.jpg
> > Link to attached PIC:http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=685
>
> > --
> > vid1900
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com
>
> 3.3M facebook likes can't be wrong.http://www.facebook.com/ResidentEvilMovie
>
> Official sitehttp://www.residentevil-movie.com/
>
> 5 movies and a great franchise
>
> Ya  I heard some buzz about it at expo ;-)

The 3.3M likes is not the market for Stern. Their market is the
intersection of the 3.3M RE fans and x number of pin fans. That
number is a whole lot smaller. And as we have seen here, the theme
alone only goes so far if the rest of the pinball package doesn't
deliver.

underlord

Jan 24, 2012, 9:05:08 PM1/24/12

Versus the 8.1 million ratings on AMC for TWD. C'mon man. Project
Alice is a failure. ;)

She is quite cute though!

Loved her in The Fifth Element.

--
underlord

--Rick.

daveispinball

Jan 24, 2012, 9:06:44 PM1/24/12

vid1900;1870847 Wrote:
> Stern puts this little tidbit out and does 2 things:
>
> 1. AC/DC LE is already sold out, so they get everyone lubed up and
> talking about the next game.
>
> 2. They steal the thunder from any upstarts (JPOP & Heck) trying to get
> some kind of pinball manufacturing together.
>

> Smart on both moves.
>
> There is only so much NIB pinball money in athe market. If you can take
> 50% of an upstarts sales, it might just make them a nonstarter.

Does sold out include the sales of the pin I can find on eBay on any
given day? If actually sold out, maybe it's just that the distributors
have them spoken for and are now holding the entrepreneurial risk.

--
daveispinball

vid1900

Jan 24, 2012, 9:16:23 PM1/24/12

daveispinball;1870885 Wrote:
> Does sold out include the sales of the pin I can find on eBay on any
> given day?

You can find many sold out items on Ebay. It's like a giant garage
sale.

Stern has sold out all of its LEs. If you are a distributor and you
waited, you are out of luck.

--
vid1900

underlord

Jan 24, 2012, 9:16:08 PM1/24/12

daveispinball;1870885 Wrote:
> Does sold out include the sales of the pin I can find on eBay on any
> given day? If actually sold out, maybe it's just that the distributors
> have them spoken for and are now holding the entrepreneurial risk.
That is exactly it. Sold out means STERN is out. Not necessarily the
distributors.

--
underlord

--Rick.

JeffS

Jan 24, 2012, 9:25:05 PM1/24/12

Well let's see how smart it is to start hinting at the next theme. Tron
has a number of rule enhancements anticipated - delivery tbd. TF was
pretty complete but needs some final polishing and then there was the
flying ball fiasco that was just recently available and but was not
evenly distributed. ACDC does not in any way appear to match the hype
and is totally dependent on software code to be remotely fun.

Wouldn't it be nice for Stern to come out and say they are working.to
make these better first? That would give me a lot of comfort that Stern
understands what needs to be done and confident in their commitment to
their customers. The old adage of taking care of the customer first and
the money will follow applies well.

Only then should the focus be on what's coming next. How could I get
excited about a theme if I have no confidence it won't end up being a
single level, two flipper, fan layout game with incomplete software and
a price tag 2k over where its value lies? I don't care what theme is
announced, rather fix recent pin software, and then release a fun but
complete game at a decent price and then I WILL be excited.

JeffS
ATL

--
JeffS

rly...@carolina.rr.com

Jan 24, 2012, 11:07:32 PM1/24/12

Jeff:

Stern knows pinheads are going to bitch about anything possible. If
they fixed everything perfectly and made everything exactly like you
wanted it and more than you expected, you would start bitching that
they're still using the same old leg levelers that people have been
using since the 50's, I mean damn can't they spend a litlte money on
redesigning the leg levelers? Gary's such a cheap skate he's cutting
corners with the leg levelers blah blah blah.

Essentially, the collective pin community has ruined any company giving
2 shits because they cannot make you happy. So they're just aiming for
"SOLD OUT!" which they're still pulling off quite nicely.

--
RLy...@carolina.rr.com

Wizardry

Jan 24, 2012, 11:31:42 PM1/24/12

Night of the Living Dead license!

More realistically it would probably be Resident Evil as that would
overlap several demographics (since it is a zombie, videogame, and a
series of films pin).

I think it could be pretty cool. I would prefer if it was based on the
games. More timeless.

--
Wizardry

Big12bus

Jan 24, 2012, 11:48:19 PM1/24/12
Themes will outsell anything with reduced rules and small fixes
needed. There is not comparison.

When I was in retail....DE pins would sell quickly vs. its B/W counter
part because people recognize the title. Gameplay was second after
looking at the backglass and theme....Most would not even plunge the
ball !!!!. Write the check and walk out.......

AC/DC limited is going to be a great game. I know the theme is going
to sell ALOT of games. It will help connect pinball with the younger
generation.

Bill

Big12bus

Jan 24, 2012, 11:52:58 PM1/24/12
On Jan 24, 10:07 pm, RLyo...@carolina.rr.com <rlyo...@carolina.rr.com>
wrote:
> RLyo...@carolina.rr.com
> This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com

+1 Absolutely right. That is why when I owned a retail pinball shop
I NEVER sold to a collector. A rule to live by. I was happy.

The typical home buyer is just happy and grateful they can buy a
pinball machine and enjoy it with their family. Grateful is the key
word here.

Bill

vex

Jan 25, 2012, 1:29:09 AM1/25/12
sounds like sucker, not grateful is the key word. but yes i agree with
your other point in that collectors never bought your games,
henceforth you NEVER sold to a collector.

that in itself is nothing to crow about sir:)

it is a rather sad, race to the bottom mentality, that some here
preach daily that is quite entertaining.

Aeneas - www.flippers.be

Jan 25, 2012, 2:44:43 AM1/25/12
Correct, as going from the hints on their page last year, Steve's next
game was definitely going to be Star Trek..

Aeneas.
-- http://www.flippers.be

Jonathan Haggerty

Jan 25, 2012, 4:44:54 AM1/25/12
It's nailed on to be resident evil. Project Alice + Zombies = can't be anything else

cody chunn

Jan 25, 2012, 7:21:36 AM1/25/12
What about Stern making their legs thinner and flimsier?

-cody

"Big12bus" wrote in message

pinfarmer

Jan 25, 2012, 8:42:06 AM1/25/12

if they do decide on a zombie theme it'll have to be one with lots of
existing artwork, like a video game. How else will they photoshit the
playfield?

--
pinfarmer

Ed Z

Jan 25, 2012, 12:17:36 PM1/25/12

Hopefully there will be a big decaying ZOMBIE FACE taking up most of the
playfield.

--
Ed Z

JeffS

Jan 25, 2012, 1:54:05 PM1/25/12

You may be missing my point. Take Spider Man for example. When it came
out I played about 50 games and found it to be extremely repetitive and
boring. Even though i liked the theme, would never have bought one.
Now flash forward a year and final code was released. Played it and
loved it instantly. I have mentioned no specifics about the
differences, but it was very incomplete and finally was complete.

Flash forward to Tron. It is very fast and pretty fun to play. The
rules are lackluster and it was pretty easy for John Borg to compile a
list of enhancements to be added. I think once they are, then it will
play better and probably become a.keeper. the point is if Stern had
done this first, sure people would moan on here, but there would be
enough good stuff to outweigh the negative. It would have gotten even
better reviews and no doubt Stern would have sold more.

Now take acdc, please.....Pro was released and anybody thY claims it is
a great game is flat out lying. Sure future code updates that complete
the modes and rules will be welcome, and the LEs may even one day be
considered great. But thY is based on empty promises for now. Stern
should have completed.the code for pro before releasing it.

That is just no being responsible. Why would a company want to take
approach of realeasing a 75 pct product and then receive tons of valid
criticism, only to complete the game near the end of the production
cycle, and people have spent countless hours complaining?

Release a complete game first and get tons of praise along with a
multitude of minor comments. That would show they understand what the
customer wants. I have no confidence in prepurchasing their games based
on history. By the time the code gets right, I can find a HUO game and
Stern gets none of my money.

I would rather have two games a year that are complete and not rushed,
than three games that are not quite there. It is not like I am being
unreasonable in my whining am I?

JeffS
ATL

--
JeffS

Brian Munn

Jan 25, 2012, 1:59:31 PM1/25/12
On Jan 25, 4:44 am, Jonathan Haggerty <spartanh...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> It's nailed on to be resident evil. Project Alice + Zombies = can't be anything else

If there was a theme that begs to an original non-license it is
Zombies. No license fee. Not tied to a limited audience and lifetime
show. All zombies act and die pretty much the same. I would rather
they put the money into the BoM.

PS- Trent let me know when I can send you a deposit for this one!

Brian
Detroit Pinball

Big12bus

Jan 25, 2012, 2:01:59 PM1/25/12
> preach daily that is quite entertaining.- Hide quoted text -

Crowing...Not at all. They ended up with Beautiful examples of games
and great service and support. I actually know alot of collectors
have bought games from these home owners once they have moved on with
them. Has nothing to do with bottom mentality. Has to do with
constant complaining about things that in most cases don't matter. It
is just that simple. They were grateful.

Bill

Kingpin

Jan 25, 2012, 3:09:18 PM1/25/12
Jeff: question for you: Do you mean lackluster as in great game, but
same ol' same ol"? I could understand that, but SOS is pretty
outstanding and I can see why they've played it safe with that
license.

I got the impression that you don't love Tron from your post.

mrofnoc

Jan 25, 2012, 3:27:25 PM1/25/12

yes, and move them up higher so they actually touch the lockbar :)
Next pin, Erkel!
I'm just messing around, I'd love to have a transformers pin.

Dan

--
mrofnoc

Beechwood

Jan 25, 2012, 4:33:09 PM1/25/12

That is not Zomibies, the game... it is the signature of Z. Mbies who is
doing the artwork for Sterns next game.

--
Beechwood

Joel
HIOP
"Hey, Its Only Pinball!!"

JeffS

Jan 25, 2012, 11:07:30 PM1/25/12

KingPin;1871330 Wrote:
> [...]
> based
> > on history. *By the time the code gets right, I can find a HUO game
> and
> > Stern gets none of my money.
> >
> > I would rather have two games a year that are complete and not
> rushed,
> > than three games that are not quite there. *It is not like I am being
> > unreasonable in my whining am I?
> >
> > JeffS
> > ATL
> >
> > --
> > JeffS
> > This USENET post sent from *http://rgparchive.com
>
> Jeff: question for you: Do you mean lackluster as in great game, but
> same ol' same ol"? I could understand that, but SOS is pretty
> outstanding and I can see why they've played it safe with that
> license.
>
> I got the impression that you don't love Tron from your post.

Tron is ok and.SOS mode is fine, although have never completed it. Gem
shot is rewarding, but otherwise game feels blah. Beef up some modes or
reward the combos more and game has more lasting appeal.